Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dre K wants to be 'face of the franchise'
"I don't want to [just] be no starter," Kirkpatrick said. "I want to be a leader, man. I want to wear a 'Captain C' on my jersey."

"When you think about the Ravens, everybody in their book is going to think about Ray Lewis,’ said Kirkpatrick before Monday’s practice. "When you think of the Patriots you think about Tom Brady. When you think about the Bengals I want you to think of Dre Kirkpatrick."

Full article @ CincyJungle
Reply/Quote
Dre's time has come if he's going to be a great CB the time is now. Love the fire he's trying to ignite I'm willing to bet he leads our team in INTs if he can stay healthy. From what I've read he's trying to do it the right way and he wants to be great. Easily one of my favorite players right now.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 01:39 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Dre's time has come if he's going to be a great CB the time is now. Love the fire he's trying to ignite I'm willing to bet he leads our team in INTs if he can stay healthy. From what I've read he's trying to do it the right way and he wants to be great. Easily one of my favorite players right now.

Didn't like his attitude at all when we drafted him, but now he is a much different person. I like how he has matured on the bench lol

I think he is going to have a huge year, and I still think darqueze is even better waiting for his turn Smirk

I just really want to see them both out there.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 01:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: "I don't want to [just] be no starter," Kirkpatrick said. "I want to be a leader, man. I want to wear a 'Captain C' on my jersey."

"When you think about the Ravens, everybody in their book is going to think about Ray Lewis,’ said Kirkpatrick before Monday’s practice. "When you think of the Patriots you think about Tom Brady. When you think about the Bengals I want you to think of Dre Kirkpatrick."

[Image: picard.jpg]

its up to you to make it so kirk

So far they have been saying he looks like the #1 CB in camp.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 02:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: [Image: picard.jpg]

its up to you to make it so kirk

So far they have been saying he looks like the #1 CB in camp.
That's not even Kirk....
Reply/Quote
I wish Dre would reel it in a little and worry more about just earning a starting gig and proving himself. Talking about wanting to be the face of the franchise, having ultra-confidence, blah, blah, blah, just sounds kind of strange when you've made 5 career starts in 3 seasons. Let's talk about trying to take on a captain's role after you've secured a spot above Leon Hall, Adam Jones, and Darquez Denard.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 02:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I wish Dre would reel it in a little and worry more about just earning a starting gig and proving himself.  Talking about wanting to be the face of the franchise, having ultra-confidence, blah, blah, blah, just sounds kind of strange when you've made 5 career starts in 3 seasons.  Let's talk about trying to take on a captain's role after you've secured a spot above Leon Hall, Adam Jones, and Darquez Denard.

He's already getting starting reps....he and Jones. Dennard being first man up with Leon playing a hybrid S/CB role at times. 

Leon has looked BAD this camp overall. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: f65ee046cd469f5bc7755d63dd0b25d7.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 02:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I wish Dre would reel it in a little and worry more about just earning a starting gig and proving himself.  Talking about wanting to be the face of the franchise, having ultra-confidence, blah, blah, blah, just sounds kind of strange when you've made 5 career starts in 3 seasons.  Let's talk about trying to take on a captain's role after you've secured a spot above Leon Hall, Adam Jones, and Darquez Denard.

I'm usually not a fan of players who talk a lot but after seeing how it worked for Sherman in Seattle I think it can help some players. Most people didn't know who Sherman was until he called out Green during his rookie season. Hopefully it will work for Kirk in a similar way.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 01:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: "I don't want to [just] be no starter," Kirkpatrick said. "I want to be a leader, man. I want to wear a 'Captain C' on my jersey."

Does any player talk more shit in the offseason than Dre Kirkpatrick?  This is like the 10th quote of his since this board opened.  I'm not Missouri, but show me first.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 02:43 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's already getting starting reps....he and Jones. Dennard being first man up with Leon playing a hybrid S/CB role at times. 

Leon has looked BAD this camp overall. 

Apparently it's a 4 way battle between those 4. Hall has looked the worst. Adam Jones, Kirkpatrick, and Dennard have all looked good. Shaw has also been doing pretty well. Hall's time may be coming to an end. He started to show his age and how his speed looks after two ACL injuries.
Reply/Quote
He's definitely the biggest talker on this team.

We'll see if he delivers on all of his talk.

He had some promising periods last year.

Then again, he was also burned on an easy 63 yard Antonio Brown touchdown against Pittsburgh 4 plays after Green fumbled. The first play after the fumble, he was flagged for illegal contact, so it's obvious that Brown is going to be a real thorn for him.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 03:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He's definitely the biggest talker on this team.

Then again, he was also burned on an easy 63 yard Antonio Brown touchdown against Pittsburgh 4 plays after Green fumbled. The first play after the fumble, he was flagged for illegal contact, so it's obvious that Brown is going to be a real thorn for him.
Antonio Brown is pretty good ya know.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 03:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Apparently it's a 4 way battle between those 4. Hall has looked the worst. Adam Jones, Kirkpatrick, and Dennard have all looked good. Shaw has also been doing pretty well. Hall's time may be coming to an end. He started to show his age and how his speed looks after two ACL injuries.

I'd say it's more the achilles injuries than age.  He's younger than Pacman (and Reggie Nelson for that matter).

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It'll take a special season from Dre to be the face of the franchise. It's been a while since we've had a player talk as much as Dre has, but at least he's not calling out other teams and providing bulletin board material. I hope he does amazing the season, but I'm still cautious with him. He seems the likely candidate to lead us in INTs, but he also seems like the most likely to be the end of giving up a bomb.

I imagine Pittsburgh is going to test him a lot with Brown when that time rolls around.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 02:43 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Leon has looked BAD this camp overall. 

Hate to derail the thread, but as multiple people said on the old boards, no other team would have kept Leon Hall around at that cap number.

The cynic in me thinks they just kept him around to cry poor about cap space during free agency knowing that they would either re-structure or cut him during training camp. But it's early and hopefully he can turn things on. I like the idea of him playing some safety.
Reply/Quote
Dre K...I don't wanna hear the talk, I wanna see the walk.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't call this trash talking. It's self motivation. Big difference between the two.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 05:04 PM)Beaker Wrote: Dre K...I don't wanna hear the talk, I wanna see the walk.

^
This

This is his last year on his contract I believe so Im sure he's motivated by many factors. Let's say him play like the first round pick people wanted to from the beginning. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 03:02 PM)jason Wrote: Does any player talk more shit in the offseason than Dre Kirkpatrick?  This is like the 10th quote of his since this board opened.  I'm not Missouri, but show me first.

You need to learn the difference between talking shit and being confident.

Talking shit: Your posts are garbage. You aren't in the same league as the rest of us as posters.

Being confident: I want to be the best poster here, I want to be THE guy on the boards. 

(08-04-2015, 03:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He's definitely the biggest talker on this team.

Antonio Brown is a top 5 WR in the NFL...if we went down the list of DBs Brown burned....it's a long list. Just watched the play again, didn't really get burned....
Hall got roasted by MARTAVIAS BRYANT for 94 yards....
Reply/Quote