Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick
Not sure if its just me, but I feel as if this guy has been giving up big plays all year. It's not only the fact that he gives up big plays, but it's how he reacts and blames other people when he does it. He is constantly pointing the finger.

Also, has anyone else noticed that he is constantly acting like he is hurt? Either limping off the field or excessively laying on the ground when he falls down and makes a tackle?

What was the deal with the touchdown he gave up to Seattle? Whos fault was it? Blown coverage by Dre or someone else's fault? I was at the game and I havent seen the play since.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He's also one of the only guys constantly chasing down players when they break away - either from him or other people - and hawks them down.

Every corner is going to give up plays. And I haven't seen him playing the blame game.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure the specific play you're talking about, but it really looks like the safeties have been at fault for at least a couple of the big plays this season, even though Dre is in the area as well. I obviously don't know the exact defensive call for each play, but if you watch each one a few times, it really seems like Nelson, Iloka, and Williams haven't done Dre many favors on those big plays.

I've been less impressed with Dennard, it seems like he's been outplayed far too many times for a guy that's only out there on 20-25% of the snaps. I think Dre Kirk has been beaten less times overall (not percentage wise) and is on the field for 99% of our defensive snaps.
Reply/Quote
Bro watch the game, it was a miscommunication/blown coverage, he didnt purposefully let his guy get behind him, he probably thought he had safety help, we will never know whos fault it was.

He doesnt play the blame game either, and yeah did you see the hit he had on that receiver to bat the ball out? I dont think he was faking the injury, watch his body on the damn replay.
Reply/Quote
Dre has had his struggles, Weezy is correct to point it out. It's been the elephant in the room covered up by our wins (Kinda like our suspect run defense). But this is his first season starting so he'll have his moments. Hopefully by years end we will see some noticeable improvements. I can't say his play has improved since the end of the last couple of seasons when he was a ball hawk if only that. But he may be injured more than we realize.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He is "ok" but Dennard is AWFUL
Reply/Quote
Dre seems to play pretty good. Is he perfect? No.. I bet any other team in the league would love to have him. He also has a swagger that is nice.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:04 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I've been less impressed with Dennard, it seems like he's been outplayed far too many times for a guy that's only out there on 20-25% of the snaps. I think Dre Kirk has been beaten less times overall (not percentage wise) and is on the field for 99% of our defensive snaps.

This really kind of scares me... remember when Marvin said Dennard was the best rookie corner he had ever seen?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:19 AM)Element Wrote: Bro watch the game, it was a miscommunication/blown coverage, he didnt purposefully let his guy get behind him, he probably thought he had safety help, we will never know whos fault it was.

He doesnt play the blame game either, and yeah did you see the hit he had on that receiver to bat the ball out? I dont think he was faking the injury, watch his body on the damn replay.

Bro...I did. Which is why I brought it up. No crap he didnt let the guy get purposely behind him, which is why I raised the question. Its a fair question and you sure can't seem to explain it. 

And yeah, on that play he absolutely played the blame game. He was pointing and yelling at the safety like it was his fault that the guy scored. If I was the safety, and even if it was my fault, I would have slapped Dre upside the head on the sideline and told him to never call me out publicly on the field again.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not sure if its just me, but I feel as if this guy has been giving up big plays all year. It's not only the fact that he gives up big plays, but it's how he reacts and blames other people when he does it. He is constantly pointing the finger.

Also, has anyone else noticed that he is constantly acting like he is hurt? Either limping off the field or excessively laying on the ground when he falls down and makes a tackle?

What was the deal with the touchdown he gave up to Seattle? Whos fault was it? Blown coverage by Dre or someone else's fault? I was at the game and I havent seen the play since.

He is hurt and has been for weeks. He is trying his best to stay on the field I respect him for that.

As someone stated, all CB's give up big plays. He has work to do no doubt, but I am believer this game is tough enough to play when you are 100% healthy, it gets even tougher when you are dinged up.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick has been involved in 2 terrible TD's (Floyd and Kearse) but neither were his fault. He's made many other mistakes, especially tackling, but that's what it is. Dre is a playmaker who doesn't give up on plays. He's NEVER going to be a guy that blankets a WR. We have to admit that.
Reply/Quote
Dre will get better with more experience, same with Dennard. CB is a position where everyone looks bad early in their careers, it just takes time to learn what you can and can't get away with in real games. Like it has been said though, Dre chases plays down across the field and has saved us more than a few times doing it.

I'll say this about the defense, I was worried going into the Seattle game that we were winning because we played with a lead on defense. I was happy to see the defense could stiffen up and help us get a lead back.
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick led the league in missed tackles going into the seahawks game with 7. When playing press man to man he looks like one of the better corners in the NFL but when asked to play zone he looks slow moving laterally. Jeremy Maclin made dre look like a fool for most of the Chiefs game catching balls underneath and running for big chunks YAC.

That said he actually reminds me of Sherman his rookie year who had the same problems in zone coverage  so there is hope. Both Dennard and Kirkpatrick need playing more playing time and classroom work. It's also huge to have to great veteran corners in Pacman and Leon to help with their development.  I can see both these guys getting a lot better as the season continues.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Ive seen us give up to touchdowns the last two games that were obvious results in a breakdown in communication. I hope this doesn't become a trend.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 11:09 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This really kind of scares me... remember when Marvin said Dennard was the best rookie corner he had ever seen?

I do, but in order to really get up to speed, he needs to play.

I don't know how he will turn out as a pro, but he needs to get some game experience to improve.  Same with Dre last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:21 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I do, but in order to really get up to speed, he needs to play.

I don't know how he will turn out as a pro, but he needs to get some game experience to improve.  Same with Dre last year.

Like I said most rookie corners look bad.
Reply/Quote
The Defense has to correct this problem.

It is happening too often for comfort for the DB's we have.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:19 AM)Element Wrote: Bro watch the game, it was a miscommunication/blown coverage, he didnt purposefully let his guy get behind him, he probably thought he had safety help, we will never know whos fault it was.

I have been at both of the last two games and watched the others. A few notes on Dre K: 

- On the broken coverage against Seattle  he absolutely played the blame game on the field as he pointed at the safety and went off in a fit of anger. Then, in the sidelines (I was on Bengals side on 40 11 rows up) right in front of me he was going off and people came over, explained something to him (it seemed) and shut him up and he sat down by himself for a few mins.

Clearly, none of us know the exact play call or coverage, but it looked like Dre K released from man coverage incorrectly. This is at least the 2nd time this has happened for a big play this season on a similar defensive formation and play. Since Nelson & Iloka have been in the D more regularly than Dre K, I am inclined to think this is his issue.

Regardless, stuff like that happens. Dre K has shown a ton of promise. I am ok with him continuing to grow. He has also made some killer llays. Playing time and consistency will help him or whomever it is. The good news is that it is mental, not physical. He can make plays.

As fans, all we can do is surmise. So, who really knows?
Reply/Quote
Shit happens when you have a LB trying to play cover 2 and he doesn't drop deep.

Dre had short zone on the strong side, or at least that's how it appeared to be.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 11:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He is hurt and has been for weeks. He is trying his best to stay on the field I respect him for that.

As someone stated, all CB's give up big plays. He has work to do no doubt, but I am believer this game is tough enough to play when you are 100% healthy, it gets even tougher when you are dinged up.

Believe he has a bruised or separated AC joint.   Having had a separated AC joint I can tell you that it takes a long time to heal, restricts some of your range of motion and hurts like the dickens in contact.  I believe he also has an injured wrist.

I think both have messed with his tackling (would be an obvious assumption).  You can see him avoiding a direct hit with one of his shoulders and he's not wrapping up.

I don't know about the blown coverage, but hope they iron that out.   It's caused two touch downs and they need to get that problem solved.

He's like Adam Jones when it comes to confronting team mates.  They are both passionate.  But he needs to back off on the public display.   He'll learn I think.  But they're cut from the same cloth... which is a good thing.
Reply/Quote