Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick: Bengals better not trade A.J. Green
(10-07-2019, 12:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So what does it look like when an 0-5 team falls apart? That threat really doesnt scare me.

Dre acted like he hurt his wittle hand twice yesterday going for strips. In one of those attempts he didnt even bother to tackle.

He got burnt by a rookie wr last week and a couple times yesterday. He is a major reason outside runs to his side are so successfull. He can barely tackle.

I used to defend Dre and applauded the contract extension. I was wrong. I would eat some of his contract if we could somehow manage to get a draft pick for trading him.

The extension itself made sense but they just paid way too much for him. That is another bizzare thing about this FO - they refuse to pay some guys (Sanu, Whit, Zietler, etc.) but overpay others (rey m, Vinnie Rey, Dre, Hart, Gio). They are just clueless
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 12:42 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The extension itself made sense but they just paid way too much for him. That is another bizzare thing about this FO - they refuse to pay some guys (Sanu, Whit, Zietler, etc.) but overpay others (rey m, Vinnie Rey, Dre, Hart, Gio). They are just clueless

That is irony.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 12:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Let him sit on the sideline all year and then let him walk in FA and get a comp pick.

You can get more then a 2021 3rd round pick trading him, which is what the best he could get us in a comp pick. 
Reply/Quote
That would really hurt Dre K.'s spirit. So we can't do it!

Get rid of Dre K. first then, so we don't intentionally hurt his spirit, then get any value you can out of AJ.
Reply/Quote
F**k Dre, if a team throws a 1st rounder for AJ they better take that deal.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I might be in the minority, but I’d ask AJ what he wants in this scenario. He’s stated several times that he wants to be a one franchise guy. If that’s still what he wants then I’d do what it takes to make him a Bengal for life. I feel like he’s earned that. If he wants a realistic chance at a super bowl before he retires, then trade him and get as much value as you can, but how many players actually want to stay in Cincinnati their entire careers? Do we really just want to trade that guy away? Wether we spend early picks on a QB, fixing the o-line, or finally addressing the LB corp, I don’t see how an extra first round pick makes us better than having a motivated AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
If trading Green bothers him that much then he can quit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:17 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I might be in the minority, but I’d ask AJ what he wants in this scenario. He’s stated several times that he wants to be a one franchise guy. If that’s still what he wants then I’d do what it takes to make him a Bengal for life. I feel like he’s earned that. If he wants a realistic chance at a super bowl before he retires, then trade him and get as much value as you can, but how many players actually want to stay in Cincinnati their entire careers? Do we really just want to trade that guy away? Wether we spend early picks on a QB, fixing the o-line, or finally addressing the LB corp, I don’t see how an extra first round pick makes us better than having a motivated AJ Green.

This.   But I also think many folks think we're way farther from competing than we really are.  It's ok to have one unit not so great (LB'ers).  But our O-line is the cause of many things, including tired ass defense.  That may very well be the reason our defense has been starting strong and eventually just gives way.  Keep AJ, let Dre get beaten by folks you have on the team already (healthy Dennard perhaps?)  and fix the o-line next year.  Voila, back to competing.
Reply/Quote
This is obviously Dre brown nosing to AJ in hopes of getting reciprocated kudos when Dre he gets cut by the team and looking for work.
Reply/Quote
Trading AJ Green is stupid. The offense, and team as a whole sucks without him. They have no other weapon on offense. Tyler Boyd's a nice player (I guess) if he gets a lot of volume. Joe Mixon's had A decent season in his career... He led the AFC in yardage. Well... The top RBs in the league are in the NFC, and the one who isn't, held out last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Triad Kirkpatrick. Get a 5th or 6th round pick for him. We may get a CB that can tackle. Not get stiff armed to the ground and give up huge and useless penalties.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:17 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I might be in the minority, but I’d ask AJ what he wants in this scenario. He’s stated several times that he wants to be a one franchise guy. If that’s still what he wants then I’d do what it takes to make him a Bengal for life. I feel like he’s earned that. If he wants a realistic chance at a super bowl before he retires, then trade him and get as much value as you can, but how many players actually want to stay in Cincinnati their entire careers? Do we really just want to trade that guy away? Wether we spend early picks on a QB, fixing the o-line, or finally addressing the LB corp, I don’t see how an extra first round pick makes us better than having a motivated AJ Green.

(10-07-2019, 09:20 PM)jason Wrote: Trading AJ Green is stupid. The offense, and team as a whole sucks without him. They have no other weapon on offense. Tyler Boyd's a nice player (I guess) if he gets a lot of volume. Joe Mixon's had A decent season in his career... He led the AFC in yardage. Well... The top RBs in the league are in the NFC, and the one who isn't, held out last year.

I'm not on board with trading AJ. No way! No how! 

Those bashing DreK for just being honest are in the wrong.
Reply/Quote
AJ is on the decline, he's injured, and statistically most WRs already had their best year before his age. Unless your name is Tom Brady, you should have been traded a couple years ago. Value, on the decline. He hasn't won a single playoff game, he needs to go elsewhere. Can't imagine grand-paw Green saying he never won a playoff game - but has 100MM at least
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 07:03 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: AJ is on the decline, he's injured, and statistically most WRs already had their best year before his age. Unless your name is Tom Brady, you should have been traded a couple years ago. Value, on the decline. He hasn't won a single playoff game, he needs to go elsewhere. Can't imagine grand-paw Green saying he never won a playoff game - but has 100MM at least

His skill on the field has shown no signs of declining as of yet. Before he got hurt last year he was on pace for roughly 90 rec 1400 yds and 12 TD’s.

Injuries are the problem, not his play.

Reply/Quote
"If they wanted to, and they did this right, they could be right there with the Dolphins and Raiders when it comes to 1, 2, and 3s in the next few drafts," one GM said of a potential Bengals rebuild.

This should be the focus of this franchise now, you do what you need to to get better. AJ, Geno, Dalton......Their time is up. It’s time to turn the page. Unfortunately, this organization is too incompetent to do what needs to be done.
Reply/Quote
When someone says we should trade AJ, I just quit reading their post right then and there, as reading it any further would just make me dumber.....
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:20 PM)jason Wrote: Trading AJ Green is stupid. The offense, and team as a whole sucks without him. They have no other weapon on offense. Tyler Boyd's a nice player (I guess) if he gets a lot of volume. Joe Mixon's had A decent season in his career... He led the AFC in yardage. Well... The top RBs in the league are in the NFC, and the one who isn't, held out last year.

The offense isn't going to be much better with him. The thing is that AJ(while I love the guy) has had injury issues the last few years and coming towards the end of his career. If you get a team willing to deal a 1st for AJ you don't think twice about taking it. However were talking about Mike Brown and his unwavering loyalty he'll scoff at any offer we get. Dude were 0-5 with an aging roster, and younger players who aren't getting it done, its time to give up on this roster and embrace the rebuild.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 09:26 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The offense isn't going to be much better with him. The thing is that AJ(while I love the guy) has had injury issues the last few years and coming towards the end of his career. If you get a team willing to deal a 1st for AJ you don't think twice about taking it. However were talking about Mike Brown and his unwavering loyalty he'll scoff at any offer we get. Dude were 0-5 with an aging roster, and younger players who aren't getting it done, its time to give up on this roster and embrace the rebuild.

I don't think anyone will offer a first. If they're rebuilding, that's fine. Give the new QB something to work with. The QB will be on a rookie deal anyway. If he's successful (doubtful under the current regime, and circumstances), by the time it's time to re-up, AJ's contract will be up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When someone says we should trade AJ, I just quit reading their post right then and there, as reading it any further would just make me dumber.....

If your wife was great to you for years and then started treating you like crap do you keep her?                                                                           If your car was a good car but started causing you to pay high repair bills would you keep it?                                                                               There is a time for everything to be replaced. Holding on to a player who you probably can't afford to resign when you can trade him for a draft pick is sometimes the smart move. The FO has been in negotiations for the last year and evidently they don't value AJ as much as he does. The problem I see is the FO is not going to spend money on FAs so that will only put more money in MBs pocket.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 12:42 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The extension itself made sense but they just paid way too much for him. That is another bizzare thing about this FO - they refuse to pay some guys (Sanu, Whit, Zietler, etc.) but overpay others (rey m, Vinnie Rey, Dre, Hart, Gio). They are just clueless

That's the problem though. The Bengals don't know the market for their guys. They put a certain value on a guy and offer that. Guys like Maualuga, Dre, Hart, Gio likely aren't going to get that elsewhere so they take the offer to stay in Cincinnati. Meanwhile, better guys like Whitworth, Jones, Zeitler are receiving better offers and the Bengals won't bump up their offer to match or exceed.

So basically, the downfall of the team is because the Bengals overvalue mediocre talent and undervalue good talent.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote