Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick is sub par
Yeah Dre is a bit of an odd spot for our team right now.. he's playing pretty well as a #2, but he's being paid too much for my liking.
Reply/Quote
I’ve seen better hands on a clock.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dre Kirkpatrick is sub par. He is being targeted heavily this season because teams know that he is the weakest link among a pretty good core of corner backs.

Between the penalties, missed tackles, dropped INTs, and soft coverage...Dre Kirkpatrick needs to step his game up to justify his hefty price tag. If not, im all for signing Dennard to an extension and letting Kirkpatrick go.

Glad you could post this positive thread.
Reply/Quote
41 st not bad. I guess. Let’s continue to go by PFF the rest of the year then. I’m guessing he will be ranked about 100 where he usually is when the year ends. I wish he just played more press coverage because he’s bad playing zone. The D coordinator has them playing to much zone
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 08:44 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: pacman_jones_opt.jpg]

Should have resigned Adam Jones to a smaller salary, then let him go for nothing.

The problem with that is you assume Jones would go along with that....
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 04:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Those who hate him personally will continue to dog him. 32 teams and he is 41st, that is pretty darn good actually. He is also above some very good corners.

How in the hell is that pretty good? Have we lowered our expectations that much. Sure if you watch how he acts after every play you would think he's the best in the league. There are an aweful lot of weird things that happen his way causing receivers to miss the ball but he has nothing to do with at least half of those, threw the receivers hands, off their hands, off the back of Dres helmet etc. the guy is just not very good at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 09:39 PM)thillan Wrote: Yeah Dre is a bit of an odd spot for our team right now.. he's playing pretty well as a #2, but he's being paid too much for my liking.

This is really the crux of it.....if we're being totally objective.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:23 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 41 st not bad.  I guess.   Let’s  continue to go by PFF the rest of the year then.  I’m guessing he will be ranked about 100 where he usually is when the year ends.  I wish he just played more press coverage because he’s bad playing zone.   The D coordinator has them playing to much zone

41st is bad when your paid as the 13th best. 28 places below his pay grade. He will have to take a pay cut to stay here next year.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dre Kirkpatrick is sub par. He is being targeted heavily this season because teams know that he is the weakest link among a pretty good core of corner backs.

Between the penalties, missed tackles, dropped INTs, and soft coverage...Dre Kirkpatrick needs to step his game up to justify his hefty price tag. If not, im all for signing Dennard to an extension and letting Kirkpatrick go.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 09:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ve seen better hands on a clock.

If that was the only problem Dre had, he would bein good shape
Reply/Quote

Agree with all of this
Reply/Quote
Every player has to be evaluated on performance and value. Dre may perform most of the time like a good #2 CB but they overpaid him so he is a loss on the value chart.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote