Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick is sub par
(09-24-2018, 08:29 PM)JumboTron Wrote: So he has either played the best he has since he's been here, or he is ass.  The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

He's in the middle

He's not as bad as some make him out to be. His problem is his wild inconsistency ! He'll make 3 or 4 awesome, fantastic plays but he'll also have 3 or 4 WTF ? plays, penalties, guessing badly wrong and getting burnt, him and another DB covering the same guy, the flying missile tackles that seldom work and so on.

All DB's are going to lose plays. Dre just needs to cut way down on the WTF plays.

Oh and if he could catch a football at all it would help his cause.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He's in the middle

He's not as bad as some make him out to be. His problem is his wild inconsistency ! He'll make 3 or 4 awesome, fantastic plays but he'll also have 3 or 4 WTF ? plays, penalties, guessing badly wrong and getting burnt, him and another DB covering the same guy, the flying missile tackles that seldom work and so on.

All DB's are going to lose plays. Dre just needs to cut way down on the WTF plays.

Oh and if he could catch a football at all it would help his cause.

Lord, watching him drop this would-be INT's is beyond infuriating. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:04 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Lord, watching him drop this would-be INT's is beyond infuriating. 

They should make a half hour every day of his practice standing in front of a throwing machine catching balls.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Kirkpatrick is infuriating. He gets lost in coverage, he drops interceptions, and when a receiver misses a catch he acts like he single-handedly saved the game even when he did absolutely nothing.

Dude is a bum and grossly overpaid considering his skill level.

Can't stand the guy and never understood why so many on here thought he was worth a damn. Keeping him instead of putting that money towards trying to keep Whit and Z was one of the many poor decisions this franchise has made over the years.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 12:08 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Can't stand the guy and never understood why so many on here thought he was worth a damn. Keeping him instead of putting that money towards trying to keep Whit and Z was one of the many poor decisions this franchise has made over the years.

thats the most intelligent post on the board! Idiots and fools are the only ones who think his money had nothing to do with keeping WhiT!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 12:08 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Can't stand the guy and never understood why so many on here thought he was worth a damn. Keeping him instead of putting that money towards trying to keep Whit and Z was one of the many poor decisions this franchise has made over the years.

Amen
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dre Kirkpatrick is sub par. He is being targeted heavily this season because teams know that he is the weakest link among a pretty good core of corner backs.

Between the penalties, missed tackles, dropped INTs, and soft coverage...Dre Kirkpatrick needs to step his game up to justify his hefty price tag. If not, im all for signing Dennard to an extension and letting Kirkpatrick go.
So far he is playing better this year vs last year, If he could catch he would be leading the League in interceptions right now, so cut him some slack Cool  Great CBs don't grow on trees you know.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dre Kirkpatrick is sub par. He is being targeted heavily this season because teams know that he is the weakest link among a pretty good core of corner backs.

Between the penalties, missed tackles, dropped INTs, and soft coverage...Dre Kirkpatrick needs to step his game up to justify his hefty price tag. If not, im all for signing Dennard to an extension and letting Kirkpatrick go.

He always seems to start the season slowly.  One thing I have seen him improve upon is his tackling.  He also doesn't seem to get hurt every time he makes a tackle.

I will give him the entire season to see where he finishes, but Dennard MUST be re-signed.  I actually believe the slot corner is more important.  Dennard has played better than WJIII and Dre this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 12:35 AM)RASCAL Wrote: thats the most intelligent post on the board! Idiots and fools are the only ones who think his money had nothing to do with keeping WhiT!

The problem with the offer we made to whit was the nuber of years, niot the money.  So Dre's contract had nothing to do with losing Whit.  In fact Dre was not signed until after Whit was gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:15 PM)treee Wrote: Dennard didn't do too hot yesterday either. Saw him get picked on a couple times.

I blame climate change.   Mellow 

In light of recent rule adaptations in the NFL, the climate for officiating has been to allow offenses to score at will and severely punish defenses for attempting to stop them from scoring.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 03:15 AM)bengaltruth Wrote: So far he is playing better this year vs last year, If he could catch he would be leading the League in interceptions right now, so cut him some slack Cool  Great CBs don't grow on trees you know.

Interceptions isnt a good measurement of how good a corner back is. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I suggest some of our fans watch more games and look at passing yards in the league. We have back up QB's throwing for over 400 yards against the Steelers. I see Ben lighting it up against guys like Grimes who I always thought was pretty good pass defender who can't tackle to save his life.

The game changed many years ago. The QB and the receivers have a huge advantage, you can't touch the receiver after 5 yards. You can't light them up when they come across the middle. The QB should wear a skirt, can't rally hit them and take them down fairly anymore.

Most corners give up plays in front of them, in some cases like last week we had double coverage, Dre had back coverage and Williams had underneath on 3rd down. Guess who screwed up the coverage, I'll give you a hint, it was not Dre.

If you give NFL QB's time to throw, they will eat you alive. Last week, Cam had no pressure and no pocket push by the interior so he could step into everything. No pressure and the CB's are screwed, all of them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Dre IS actually playing better than he ever has, IMO. He's not All Pro or anything, but he is solid. As others have noted, the LBs aren't holding up their end of the deal. Things should clean up a tad with Tez and Brown out there calling the defense and better over the middle. FWIW, I've given him plenty of shit over the years.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Dre spends too much time talking both on the field and off the field. He was carrying a ball around all week telling any media member who'd listen that he wouldn't be dropping anymore interceptions. What's he do come Sunday? Drops another one that hit him right in the hands. This coming week is going to be even worse with him matched up against Jones and/or Ridley.
Reply/Quote
BOLD Prediction, he's not on the team next year unless he takes a pay cut.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
For you guys who live and die by PFF....
Quote:Still, PFF has rated Kirkpatrick the 41st best cover corner, ahead of such estimable corners as Atlanta’s Desmond Trufant, Minnesota’s Xavier Rhodes, Detroit’s Darius Slay and, yes, old friend Leon Hall in Oakland.
That means each team has a corner better than him (which we do too) , but he's better than most teams #2...
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 04:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: For you guys who live and die by PFF....
That means each team has a corner better than him (which we do too) , but he's better than most teams #2...

Those who hate him personally will continue to dog him. 32 teams and he is 41st, that is pretty darn good actually. He is also above some very good corners.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 04:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Those who hate him personally will continue to dog him. 32 teams and he is 41st, that is pretty darn good actually. He is also above some very good corners.

He's being paid like a number 1. 

I dont mind Dre as a number 2, but I hated the signing and I still do. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
[Image: pacman_jones_opt.jpg]

Should have resigned Adam Jones to a smaller salary, then let him go for nothing.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He was okay the first two weeks. He was a bum last week. Let's be honest, he's our weak link in the secondary.
Reply/Quote