Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick
Kirkpatrick is going to have some growing pains. We all know this. Young CBs need playing time or else they're going to be rusty. This is essentially his first full season.

Every rookie CB and young CB struggles transitioning to the NFL. Look at Patrick Peterson, he struggled tremendously first off. It took him time and he splash plays, but he still struggled. Just like Kirkpatrick. He has made some splash plays but also some bad ones.

No one is talking about Adam Jones missing that tackle on Steve Smith on 4th down that became a TD. Sure, Kirkpatrick struggles with double moves and is a much better man corner, but he is still a promising player and has shown some good plays this year. Give him some time.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 03:47 AM)Fresno B Wrote: I have yet to see Dre turn his head around when the ball is in the air. Also, why is he always groping the backs of receivers while the ball is in the air? This guys technique is horrible.

This !

I guarantee you that this is one of the first things they teach you yet years later he still doesnt get that?

IMO - His strategy is like he plays as if he is fine with allowing/conceding the catch (WTH) but has the sole objective of making sure he tackles them immediately after allowing said catch. Lol. 

He is no longer a newbie - so expecting quantum leaps forward from him this year is somewhat reasonable. 
Reply/Quote
Well, if it was ADam Jones who shut down Brown after the first drive, DreK must have been shutting down somebody because Bryant did nothing either and the only one catching passes for them in the second half was Miller.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Dre K might not be an All Pro, at least not jet.

It is still the first season he is starting, and to be honest, he really could do alot worse. Look at this Blake guy from Steelers, he has been abused for weeks?
He might give up a few plays here and there. But also, i have seen this guy make a few TD saving tackles comming from the other side of the field and hunt the play down.

To me Kirkpatrick looks like a game, he plays with fire and does just not stop until the whistle sounds.

A. Jones, Dre K, Leon Hall, Dennard is a damn fine top 4 CB line. I think pretty many teams would love to have a guy like Dre K.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:07 AM)McC Wrote: Well, if it was ADam Jones who shut down Brown after the first drive, DreK must have been shutting down somebody because Bryant did nothing either and the only one catching passes for them in the second half was Miller.

According to Lapham, it was Dre who was getting torched the entire first drive, and he couldn't figure out why "the long, lanky Kirkpatrick was covering such a small, shifty guy like Antonio Brown."  I get home as the touchdown is scored, and watch Brown to see how Dre is doing, and notice that Pacman is lined up over him throughout the rest of the game.  Wasn't Dre on the long play to Heyward Bey that was broken up?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:22 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Kirkpatrick is going to have some growing pains. We all know this. Young CBs need playing time or else they're going to be rusty. This is essentially his first full season.

Every rookie CB and young CB struggles transitioning to the NFL. Look at Patrick Peterson, he struggled tremendously first off. It took him time and he splash plays, but he still struggled. Just like Kirkpatrick. He has made some splash plays but also some bad ones.

No one is talking about Adam Jones missing that tackle on Steve Smith on 4th down that became a TD. Sure, Kirkpatrick struggles with double moves and is a much better man corner, but he is still a promising player and has shown some good plays this year. Give him some time.

The problem is, his contract is up after this season.  What do they do with him?  I assume that he thinks he's worth more than he is (Just using all of that woofing he did all offseason as a barometer).
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think Dre gets a bit of a bum wrap for this defense's philosophy. I think this defense is built around rushing the passer, and not giving up the deep ball. As a result, teams have success getting the ball out of the QB's hands quickly.
Reply/Quote
Dre seems to take pride and do better in man to man press coverage against physical recievers. Past couple weeks hes been more on soeed guys in Watkins and Brown. But he was solid early in the season so i know he has talent. Hes really good at not giving up position on deep routes. He is a very tall CB tho so that helps him.

But woot when a CB is in a slump it is very visible and very ugly.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:12 AM)jason Wrote: The problem is, his contract is up after this season.  What do they do with him?  I assume that he thinks he's worth more than he is (Just using all of that woofing he did all offseason as a barometer).

They picked up Dre's 5th year option, he's signed for next season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:12 AM)jason Wrote: The problem is, his contract is up after this season.  What do they do with him?  I assume that he thinks he's worth more than he is (Just using all of that woofing he did all offseason as a barometer).

They already picked up the option.
In reality he is here next year also before they HAVE to negotiate a deal.
Reply/Quote
Hes a risk taker, very much like PacMan.

He gives up some plays but he can also make some plays.

True shutdown corners do not exist in today's NFL.
With the rules geared toward offensive production EVERYONE gets torched sooner or later.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 03:20 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Hes a risk taker, very much like PacMan.

He gives up some plays but he can also make some plays.

True shutdown corners do not exist in today's NFL.
With the rules geared toward offensive production EVERYONE gets torched sooner or later.

Exactly. Many Browns fans are complaining about the play of Joe Haden and he's one of the best CB's in the NFL. Dre will make some big plays this season just like our back up safety just did.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Didn't they have him on Antonio Brown to start the game?  If so, that was a bad matchup on the coaches' parts.  They switched Pacman over there next series, and Brown got quiet, and Dre played better on Heyward Bey and Bryant.  The shifty Brown on Dre was mismatch they exploited well.  Pacman was able to keep up with him much better.  That was a bad oversight on the staff's part, but at least they corrected it quickly.

Bengals dont shadow receivers, each cornerback lines up on their side of the field. If Brown lines up against Dre, then Dre covers him and vice versa. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Also, its not just Dre's coverage ability, its his tackling. I swear, sometimes its like he is purposely avoiding tackling a guy to avoid contact.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 08:11 AM)Whacked Wrote: This !

I guarantee you that this is one of the first things they teach you yet years later he still doesnt get that?

IMO - His strategy is like he plays as if he is fine with allowing/conceding the catch (WTH) but has the sole objective of making sure he tackles them immediately after allowing said catch. Lol. 

He is no longer a newbie - so expecting quantum leaps forward from him this year is somewhat reasonable. 

this is exactly what the coaches want them to do...allow the catch and make the tackle.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
There isn't a single DB to have ever played who hasn't given up a play every now and then, missed a tackle, or found a receiver they don't match up well against. It happens.

Yeah, they were picking on DreK, but how about the coaching staff MAKING THE ADJUSTMENTS to nix that. DreK isn't a top tier NFL corner. He is probably top 3rd tier to bottom 2nd tier guy. (I would have Adam Jones as an upper 2nd tier to bottom 1st tier. But it depends on the type of receiver they are covering, which will be interesting as the season wears on.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 10:51 AM)CincyProduct Wrote: this is exactly what the coaches want them to do...allow the catch and make the tackle.

WHY!?!!??
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 10:56 AM)Whacked Wrote: WHY!?!!??

zone
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote