Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drew Sample update
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This a big deal?

I know we refer to him as our blocking TE - but he's looked miserable this year (maybe because of the camp injury). It hurts our depth I guess but can the backup be much worse?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Not particularly a fan of him as a player, but I still hope he makes a full and quick recovery. Extra tough for it to happen in his contract year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 02:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This a big deal?

I know we refer to him as our blocking TE - but he's looked miserable this year (maybe because of the camp injury). It hurts our depth I guess but can the backup be much worse?

Him and Collins had big blocks on the 4th and 1 against Pittsburgh that Mixon almost took to the house.  
Reply/Quote
Is this it for him here? Isn't he a free agent this offseason?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 03:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Is this it for him here? Isn't he a free agent this offseason?

He is a free agent next year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Just wow.... Sad
Reply/Quote

Oh yes they can be... but we might get lucky
Reply/Quote
That sucks, looked bad right from the start.

We will miss Sample’s blocking impact even if it’s not obvious to most fans. Luckily we grabbed Asiasi on waivers before the season started. That may end up looking like a terrific move.
Reply/Quote
Waste of a roster spot...sign someone else.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 03:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just wow.... Sad

What? 

He's looked terrible this year. 
Reply/Quote
Meh.....
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 03:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Oh yes they can be... but we might get lucky

I saw that Wilcox caught a pass after Sample got out.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 03:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What? 

He's looked terrible this year. 

He may have, but the "this a big deal" question is kind of cold considering he's one of our own and probably suffered a pretty bad injury (at least it looked like it.)
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 04:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He may have, but the "this a big deal" question is kind of cold considering he's one of our own and probably suffered a pretty bad injury (at least it looked like it.)

Its a huge deal for Sample as hes a Free Agent next year i Believe
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 03:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Is this it for him here? Isn't he a free agent this offseason?

I think the team drafts that kid from Notre Dame next year so samples probably gone
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 04:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He may have, but the "this a big deal" question is kind of cold considering he's one of our own and probably suffered a pretty bad injury (at least it looked like it.)

I was talking about in the context of how it will effect the team/his production. That def sucks for him and I feel for him - dont get me wrong. 
Reply/Quote
I hope he has a full recovery, it looked pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry he's hurt and I wish him a speedy recovery. But I really hope the Bengals take this as an opportunity to develop another TE with more versatility.
Reply/Quote
Hope he has a speedy and full recovery.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote