Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-22-2018, 01:26 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People overestimate athletic QBs being able to run away from sacks in general. Running QBs like Vick and Russell Wilson are often some of the most sacked QBs in the league. Either because they can't scan the field like a pocket QB or they run around too much (which causes huge losses), or they scramble instead of stepping into the pocket, or various other reasons.

Yeah pocket presence is key. Guys like Brady are slow, but they know angles and step up so the DE can't get them without drastically changing direction and make quick throws.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:16 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: This isn’t a Dalton argument. I’ve been saying for weeks I’m ready to move on from him.

But Jeff Driakel is far from the answer. So if forced to pick Between the two, it’s Dalton hands down.

But I don’t want either one. I’ve never been more ready for change.

Owner, coach QB, etc. at this point nobody should be safe.

In closing, Jeff Driskel is poo on a stick.

Yeah, Driskel isn't the answer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Driskel had a passer rating of over 123 today while getting hurried all day and nobody at WR.

If Lazor would realize that the kid can run, we might have something.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don’t want Jeff Driskel anywhere near the Cincinnati Bengals. He’s not the answer. He isn’t even an incorrect answer on a multiple choice test.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Driskel had a passer rating of over 123 today while getting hurried all day and nobody at WR.

If Lazor would realize that the kid can run, we might have something.

Yeah he was hurried because apparently 3 years in a system isn’t long enough to know how to call out audibles and protections to counter what the defense is doing.

He can’t read a defense to save his life. He had no idea where the blitzes were coming from today. In turn, he had no idea how to take advantage of potential matchups to counter said blitzes.

Again, it was incredibly painful to watch him.

Reply/Quote
He needs to run more than five times a game.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:09 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah he was hurried because apparently 3 years in a system isn’t long enough to know how to call out audibles and protections to counter what the defense is doing.

He can’t read a defense to save his life. He had no idea where the blitzes were coming from today. In turn, he had no idea how to take advantage of potential matchups to counter said blitzes.

Again, it was incredibly painful to watch him.

Couple things:

We haven't had a system for 3 years, much less Driskel being the focus of it.

Dude had a passer rating of over 123.

It appeared our interior oline had no idea where the blitz was coming from.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Couple things:

True dat.

Price/Hart/Redmond 

They all looked lost today.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Oline doesn’t get a pass...but there are things Driskel, if he was a starting caliber QB, could have done to help the situation. Standing in a pocket that is collapsing like a deer in the headlights, clearly not knowing where to go with the ball is not really starter quality in my book.

Reply/Quote

He had 3 passing yards in the one half that it mattered
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:26 AM)N_B Wrote: He had 3 passing yards in the one half that it mattered

-15 for the majority of the first half.

Franchise QB material for sure.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude had a passer rating of over 123.
He had 71 yards and 2 TDs on the last two drives of the game. Before that, his rating was less than half of what you posted.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:30 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He had 71 yards and 2 TDs on the last two drives of the game. Before that, his rating was less than half of what you posted.

3 yards passing in the first half doesn't do it for ya?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:44 AM)jason Wrote: 3 yards passing in the first half doesn't do it for ya?

Jarvis Landry had 60 more yds than our QB in the 1st half.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jarvis Landry had 60 more yds than our QB in the 1st half.

Even if driskell (his name doesn't deserve to be capitalized) had more yards passing in the half, he couldn't make that throw that Landry made. I can't believe that I can't believe this thread was started. People are so blinded by their disdain for Andy Dalton that they'll just say the most ignorant shit. Jake Driskell starter... GTFOH.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Excuses..... Rolleyes 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:26 AM)N_B Wrote: He had 3 passing yards in the one half that it mattered

(12-24-2018, 12:27 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: -15 for the majority of the first half.

Franchise QB material for sure.

This is what some are defending? Yikes. Hey, at least he's not Dalton, amirite?

That said, I do agree with whoever said that Driskel is having to deal with poor coaching, blocking and receivers. Of course, Dalton has been dealing with most of that for 8 years and it was deemed "excuses".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 03:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is what some are defending? Yikes. Hey, at least he's not Dalton, amirite?

That said, I do agree with whoever said that Driskel is having to deal with poor coaching, blocking and receivers. Of course, Dalton has been dealing with most of that for 8 years and it was deemed "excuses".

Right....and this is what you get with a backup under the same circumstances......I'd wager Jeff would be having a bit more success filling in elsewhere.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 03:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right....and this is what you get with a backup under the same circumstances......I'd wager Jeff would be having a bit more success filling in elsewhere.

They'd be using his wheels a bit more, that's for sure. Play to your player's strengths.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 03:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is what some are defending? Yikes. Hey, at least he's not Dalton, amirite?

That is not entirely true. Andy Dalton has had AJ Green and a bunch of other decent receivers to throw to. Driskel's most reliable receivers are our two RBs. Brandon LaFell, if he were not on another team and on IR would easily be our best WR right now, by miles and miles. I really have no idea why the team and LaFell decided to part ways, he sure would have been a welcome target all year long.

All of that said, you do have a point. Driskel is not as good as Andy Dalton, but he's what we have.

Reply/Quote