Poll: Will Driskel Lead us to a Playoff Win?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driskel will Lead us to a Playoff Win
Are you kidding me? I don't care who the Cincinnati quarterback is in 2018. The Bengals are not going to the playoffs. Frank Pollack's offensive line is better than anything we've seen since 2015 but come on! It's not ready for prime time. Besides, the defense is the worst in NFL history, giving up over 30 points on average per game. Teryl Austin was awful -- but Marvin Lewis is worse. His defense got torched by the Cleveland Browns under offensive coordinator Freddie Kitchens. I have never heard of that guy. He sounds like a chain of deep discount home improvement stores.

At this point, quarterback is the least of the Bengals' issues. You could bring Johnny Unitas back from the dead, plunk him in the backfield behind that offensive line, and he would get creamed like a green bean casserole.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not with this team we currently have,he won’t lead us to a playoff win.But he might in 2019.I predict that people are going to be impressed early on with Driskel.He is very talented.Remember the last preseason game of the year,when he drove the offense the length of the field practically,on a scoring drive?He was 14-for-20 for 116 yards and a touchdown in that game.I think he played around maybe two quarters,or less.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:58 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Will Driskel lead us to our First Play off win under Marvin Lewis?
I am not even sure if Tom Brady could win a playoff game for us this year with the way the defense is playing.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How in the hell is he going to lead us to a playoff win, when he can't even lead a comeback versus the Browns?
He came in off the bench trailing by 4 touchdowns in the 3rd quarter and with our crappy D that did play halfway decent in the second half. You are ragging on him cause he did not win that game? lol HAHAHAHAHA lol  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:18 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: He came in off the bench trailing by 4 touchdowns in the 3rd quarter and with our crappy D that did play halfway decent in the second half. You are ragging on him cause he did not win that game? lol HAHAHAHAHA lol  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Like I said, "If he can't lead a comeback versus the Browns", how is going to beat a championship quality team?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:42 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Not with this team we currently have,he won’t lead us to a playoff win.But he might in 2019.I predict that people are going to be impressed early on with Driskel.He is very talented.Remember the last preseason game of the year,when he drove the offense the length of the field practically,on a scoring drive?He was 14-for-20 for 116 yards and a touchdown in that game.I think he played around maybe two quarters,or less.

Stranger things have happened and I wouldn't outright say it's impossible. But it's very, very unlikely ! Next season I mean

To kinda quote Marvin Backup QB's are backup QB's for a reason. There's success stories here and there but the majority never reach any long term success. Oh they'll have a good game here, and good stretch there. But it's doing it consistently for game after game for 16 of them where the kinks come out, usually big time.

I would be elated if he's Tom Brady 2.0

But I doubt it
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Are you kidding me?  I don't care who the Cincinnati quarterback is in 2018.  The Bengals are not going to the playoffs.  Frank Pollack's offensive line is better than anything we've seen since 2015 but come on!  It's not ready for prime time.  Besides, the defense is the worst in NFL history, giving up over 30 points on average per game.  Teryl Austin was awful -- but Marvin Lewis is worse.  His defense got torched by the Cleveland Browns under offensive coordinator Freddie Kitchens.  I have never heard of that guy.  He sounds like a chain of deep discount home improvement stores.

At this point, quarterback is the least of the Bengals' issues.  You could bring Johnny Unitas back from the dead, plunk him in the backfield behind that offensive line, and he would get creamed like a green bean casserole.

You can't argue lunacy with logic.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: You can't argue lunacy with logic.....

It's my physicist nature!  I wish I could turn this particular feature off sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:30 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Aj should be close,and we got joe freaking mixon,tyler freaking boyd and speed demon ross thats more then enough. Plus gio if they use him.
Don't forget the acrobatic Tate.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Like I said, "If he can't lead a comeback versus the Browns", how is going to beat a championship quality team?

That was a 28 point lead vs a good defense,come on man lol
Reply/Quote
Lets see if Lazor uses Driskells speed this Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:35 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It's my physicist nature!  I wish I could turn this particular feature off sometimes.

Dude....a lot of these guys don't realize this team won games after Greg Cook went down with Virgil Carter. VIRGIL CARTER!!!! That's when the organization was ran well, and had innovative and competent coaching. This isn't Madden. Coaching. Matters.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Dude....a lot of these guys don't realize this team won games after Greg Cook went down with Virgil Carter. VIRGIL CARTER!!!! That's when the organization was ran well, and had innovative and competent coaching. This isn't Madden. Coaching. Matters.

Paul Brown and Bill Walsh adjusted the offense to fit Virgil Carter's strengths.  Virgil wasn't a flame throwing long bomb artist like Greg Cook, so Paul Brown devised what we now call "dink and dunk" routes where Virgil's short range pinpoint accuracy could be leveraged.  Wide receivers like Chip Myers and tight end Bob Trumpy feasted in that offense which featured crossing routes, shallow slants, and medium seam routes.  

Didn't that team go to the playoffs in 1970 and 1973?  

Yes.  They did.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Like I said, "If he can't lead a comeback versus the Browns", how is going to beat a championship quality team?
By starting the game out at 0-0 score and with help from the defense. That is the bigger question here is the defense good enough for us to win.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:23 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Stranger things have happened and I wouldn't outright say it's impossible. But it's very, very unlikely ! Next season I mean

To kinda quote Marvin Backup QB's are backup QB's for a reason. There's success stories here and there but the majority never reach any long term success. Oh they'll have a good game here, and good stretch there. But it's doing it consistently for game after game for 16 of them where the kinks come out, usually big time.

I would be elated if he's Tom Brady 2.0

But I doubt it
Didn't Philly win the super bowl last year with a 3rd string QB?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:54 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Paul Brown and Bill Walsh adjusted the offense to fit Virgil Carter's strengths.  Virgil wasn't a flame throwing long bomb artist like Greg Cook, so Paul Brown devised what we now call "dink and dunk" routes where Virgil's short range pinpoint accuracy could be leveraged.  Wide receivers like Chip Myers and tight end Bob Trumpy feasted in that offense which featured crossing routes, shallow slants, and medium seam routes.  

Didn't that team go to the playoffs in 1970 and 1973?  

Yes.  They did.

Yep....but you'll never see such under the Mike & Merv shit show. You know, I know it....others....not so much. Every year, we have Tom Brady on our bench. Hell, even if we did, these pukes wouldn't know what to do with him.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:57 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Didn't Philly win the super bowl last year with a 3rd string QB?

2nd....and didn't they switch out their entire coaching staff, and add a shit ton of quality FAs? Why yes....yes they did. But hell, let's ignore all of that?

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: 2nd....and didn't they switch out their entire coaching staff, and add a shit ton of quality FAs? Why yes....yes they did. But hell, let's ignore all of that?
Until that big girl starts singing you still have a chance.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:03 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Until that big girl starts singing you still have a chance.

That ***** was singing in 2010. She left town YEARS ago. 

Reply/Quote
Y'all need to wake up and smell the roses. This team won't do SHIT until Mike Brown is out of the picture totally....and even then, it's a shot in the dark.

Reply/Quote