Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driskell vs Barkley
Being realistic (what MB and ML will most likely do, NOT what the forum thinks they should do), I know it's only been one game, but I'm guessing Driskell won Game 1. Thing about it is, between the 2, it appears Driskell has more to offer?
Reply/Quote
I like Driskel, he moves well within the pocket and has no problem firing the ball downfield.
Reply/Quote
Scrap 'em both, and bring back Dan Lefevour.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 01:08 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Being realistic (what MB and ML will most likely do, NOT what the forum thinks they should do), I know it's only been one game, but I'm guessing Driskell won Game 1. Thing about it is, between the 2, it appears Driskell has more to offer?

Doesn't matter. If we're talking about what MB and ML iwll most likely do, well, because Lazor has a history with Barkley, he's going to be the primary backup unless he gets injured or plays like the next coming of Ryan Leaf.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I didn't think either were that good. But then again they are the backup and hopefully we won;t need them. That being said, I was more impressed with Driskel. I appreciated his mobility. It was nice to see him extend the plays and try to make things happen when the plays broke down.
Reply/Quote
Barkley was horrific out there. Driskell at least tried to play aggressively and it did ultimately work.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 02:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Doesn't matter. If we're talking about what MB and ML iwll most likely do, well, because Lazor has a history with Barkley, he's going to be the primary backup unless he gets injured or plays like the next coming of Ryan Leaf.

It DOES matter because they are the HC and Owner. History or no history, they have the final say so. They might ask for Lazor's opinion, but final say so is up to them.

Unless you are a Cincinnati native and know these guys personally, which is always possible.

Just like whenever folk jump all over Lewis year after year, when the ONLY person accountable for the Lewis era is MB, who has the last say in everything.
Reply/Quote
Didn't we trade for Driskell and save a roster spot for him? Someone has to be personally invested in this kid. I think he has to be the backup, and yes we are in trouble if 14 goes down
Reply/Quote
We need to go with the youth and athletic upside.

99% chance Marvin goes with the veteran.

I really dont care. We are screwed either way if one has to start. I just know i will be pissed if we keep both and cut another guy elsewhere
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 02:50 PM)Brimey Wrote: .... and yes we are in trouble if 14 goes down

That pretty much applies to most teams except for the Eagles!
Reply/Quote
Neither one of them set the world on fire last night. But to me Driskel clearly has more to offer.

Is there a backup out there better than both ? I wouldn't doubt it

I'd take Driskel over Barkley without hesitation if those are our only choices.
Reply/Quote
Barring injuries to all 3, Andy, Barkley and Driscol there's almost zero chance that Woodside becomes the next great 7th round QB to win in the Super bowl.. 
Does anyone remember when we had small college backup 4th string rookie QBs with DUI convictions just step out on the field and go on to greatness ?  Yeah, me either . I know I have some memory loss problems, but they're not THAT severe..  it would be a heck of a story though wouldn't it? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Driskel vs Barkley?

Scrap 'em both and find someone after final cuts.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 03:11 PM)Beaker Wrote: Driskel vs Barkley?

Scrap 'em both and find someone after final cuts.

Because great backup QBs grow on trees and it's harvest season every day!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 01:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I like Driskel, he moves well within the pocket and has no problem firing the ball downfield.

I would love to see Driskell with the number one's (week 2, sit AD) and then Barkley with them week #3. 

Based on last night, I was not impressed by either one, but the OL and TE's Driskell was working behind was horrible so hard to tell.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If I absolutely had to choose between them it would be Driskell.
Reply/Quote
get rid of both of them and pick up chad kelly or rgIII if they get released.
Reply/Quote
I turned the game off after the 1st half. Did the drunk kid play?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Driskel. I prefer the most likely sucks over the most definitely sucks.

I believe that THEY will find some reason to keep Barkley.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 02:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Scrap 'em both, and bring back Dan Lefevour.

this is the only correct answer......    If Not Lefevour... bring back the puke puke pass play.
Reply/Quote