Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Tobin "There's One Pie"
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2024/1/31/24056988/dj-reader-very-important-part-2024-bengals-free-agents
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 02:12 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is very likely the Bengals could tag and then trade Tee. My guess they could at least a 2nd round pick in 2024 and a possible 2 that turns into a 1 if Tee has a great year for his new team.

Once tagged, the Bengals FO could get Tee's agent permission to seek a trade and a long term higher paid contract.

If so, Bengals would have a great shot at a very good WR in round 1 or round 2.

Everybody and their mother has said flat-out that a Tag and Trade isn't happening.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 01:21 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I am hoping to make 2+2=4 here, but I am reading they are intensely looking at OL personal in this class.. We will see..

Luckily, the Bengals do have enough money to not only sign/tag Higgins, but they could also sign a NT or RT too (but probably not all 3 without getting a Great Value cheap option at one).

Another option is letting Iosivas compete for outside WR spot with Irwin (likely returning) or draft a WR and get a really impactful TE to act as the 2nd option in the offense.
Noah Fant or Dalton Schultz in FA, or possibly landing Brock Bowers in the draft (I don't think it's likely).
Fant or Schultz should come far more affordable than a true WR2, which could allow for more money to go toward other positions like DT and OL.

Or keep Higgins and draft a new RT, but if Pollack can't get that RT to perform, he'll really need to go next offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 11:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Well, they won't pay Tee. Didn't OVER pay Bates or Bell. That's 3 quality players in two years. 

Fixed it for you...
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 11:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m plenty critical of Duke myself, but what best players has he let walk outside of Bates?

Whitworth and Zeitler! Granted; that was along time ago in a galaxy far away!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 10:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Fixed it for you...

He's arguably the best safety in the league. He deserved every dollar he got. 

We were supposed to sign Bates, but we understood because Bates money was needed to sign Tee. We were supposed to sign Tee, but we understood because Tee's money was needed to sign Jamar...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 10:53 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's arguably the best safety in the league. He deserved every dollar he got. 

Bell?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 10:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bell?

Bates. 

Bell left because he got offered more guaranteed money with Carolina. Well, they both got offered more guaranteed money. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 10:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bates. 

Bell left because he got offered more guaranteed money with Carolina. Well, they both got offered more guaranteed money. 

You referenced both. I think they were smart not to overpay Bell, and I'm a huge fan of him. As for Bates, yeah, they could have paid him what Atlanta did, but then who's going to get less? 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 11:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You referenced both. I think they were smart not to overpay Bell, and I'm a huge fan of him. As for Bates, yeah, they could have paid him what Atlanta did, but then who's going to get less? 

If we signed Bates we probably would not have resigned Pratt and we would have cut Hilton as well. Dax moves to slot and ADG starts at LB. This isn't me making an argument for those move or against those moves.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 10:51 AM)J24 Wrote: Whitworth and Zeitler! Granted; that was along time ago in a galaxy far away!

In retrospect they should have kept Whit but tbf almost no one plays as well as he did at that age.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 11:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: In retrospect they should have kept Whit but tbf almost no one plays as well as he did at that age.

I get not signing him tona long term deal but the Franchise Tag was right there for the taking. Also it was clear at that point that Ogbuehi wasn't a good player.(remember Paul Alexander benched him) . 
J24

Reply/Quote
Listen if I knew the Bengals would go all-in like the Rams then I'd have ZERO question keeping Tee and letting him walk.

That said we all know that won't happen. I want draft picks baby... draft picks!!!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 11:38 AM)J24 Wrote: If we signed Bates we probably would not have resigned Pratt and we would have cut Hilton as well. Dax moves to slot and ADG starts at LB. This isn't me making an argument for those move or against those moves.

No they wouldn't have. We had plenty of cap some of which rolled over into this season.. We would have saved from having to sign Scott. So you can subtract that from Bates 16m. They saved a chunk restructuring Mixon, that would have brought the Bates hit down even more.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 01:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: No they wouldn't have. We had plenty of cap left over rolled over into the system. We would have saved from having to sign Scott. So you can subtract that from Bates 16m. They saved a chunk restructuring Mixon, that would have brought the Bates hit down even more.

Scott was not brought in to replace Bates. So we retain Bates and lose Bell we still need a SS. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 10:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Fixed it for you...

Is 3 years, $22.5 mill ($7.5 mill APY) overpaying for Bell?
Bell just put up his typical stat line he's had most years with 69 tackles, 1 INT in 13 games.
If he had played another 3-4 games (his usual amount), he would have been 80+ and maybe another INT likely.

I don't personally feel like anything $8 mill or less would have been overpaying for Bell, but if it was $10+ mill I would have.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 02:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Scott was not brought in to replace Bates. So we retain Bates and lose Bell we still need a SS. 

Assuming we'd still have drafted a SS. I personally think they had long decided not to re-sign Bates (kinda like Tee), so in theory I agree.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 02:59 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It hasn't been set yet, but they are guessing it could exceed $240 million this year up from $224.8 million for the 2023 season.

https://www.nfl.com/news/salary-cap-expected-to-exceed-240-million-for-2024-season

That would cover the tag completely. So they either do it or let him walk. Unless Tee realizes he had a horrible year & wants to pay the Bengals some money back for dropping a lot of passes this past year & signs a five year deal with incentives.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 03:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: This was an interesting quote..

So do they consider the Franchise Tag a contract and thus he won't be traded, or is he more likely to be traded now that he isn't under contract? A player not under contract would be a free agent and wouldn't be traded anyway so what does that mean.... and what are you trying to prove or what system are you fighting not trading a player that the future demands should be traded?

The "future demanded" Tee to be traded given they weren't going to be able to extend him and his value was as high as it would ever be and the picks could have helped the Bengals in the long term..... I think the "future" was right and probably should have been listened to. But he's proud to buck the "future", for whatever that is worth. I don't think he "owned" the "future" like he thinks he must have. The "future" looks even wiser if they don't even Franchise Tag him. Hope that 3rd round comp is worth it. They may not even get that if they sign FA's this offseason.

I find this statement odd.

That's Marvin speak for he f!cked up for not trading him before last season. Tobin does'nt take blame for anything. Even tho the Oline has been terrible since Whit left.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 03:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't see how they can rightfully offer more than they did last offseason given his season. And I doubt his agent will allow for him to take less. Tee and his Agent gambled and loss. I like Tee and love the "big 3" talk and relationship as we all do, but Bengals probably had the best offer to him last offseason. He didn't do enough to make them come back to the table with more money. 

He played himself into a contract that should be half per season from what he wanted.
Reply/Quote