Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Duke's thoughts of maybe Trading TEE could be PEAKING at the Combine
(03-03-2024, 01:27 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Top 15 money is WR1 money. Top 32 money is technically WR1 money. It’s likely the bengals don’t want to pay him top 15. Which is why he isn’t signed long term. Higgins hasn’t been offered what he wants. I don’t see a deal getting done unless the Bengals do give him a top 15 WR money or in other words, WR1 money.

Spotrac says Higgins value is around 18/year and i think that's about where it should be.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 09:23 PM)pulses Wrote: Overpaying is not smart in this situation.

I'd certainly prefer a mild (15%) overpay to letting a guy walk with no replacement in sight. 

Is it smart to do that? 
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 10:27 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I'd certainly prefer a mild (15%) overpay to letting a guy walk with no replacement in sight. 

Is it smart to do that? 

They can get draft picks for him...it's a no brainer. I know you're all for keeping Higgins and that's your choice. But moving on from him and getting draft picks and fixing our other problems is the better solution.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 01:27 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Top 15 money is WR1 money. Top 32 money is technically WR1 money. It’s likely the bengals don’t want to pay him top 15. Which is why he isn’t signed long term. Higgins hasn’t been offered what he wants. I don’t see a deal getting done unless the Bengals do give him a top 15 WR money or in other words, WR1 money.

Technically sure. But cutting to the chase Tee is going to want at minimum around top 15. Don’t really give care where that classifies him. At minimum he’s gonna want better than the 33rd best WR. Rightfully so. JMHO if they aren’t prepared to pay him top 15 money it’s not going to happen
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 11:32 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Technically sure. But cutting to the chase Tee is going to want at minimum around top 15. Don’t really give care where that classifies him. At minimum he’s gonna want better than the 33rd best WR. Rightfully so. JMHO if they aren’t prepared to pay him top 15 money it’s not going to happen
I saw somewhere, before last season, Tee was ranked as 16th best wr. So not sure where he ranks right now. He didn't have a good season either..
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 11:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I saw somewhere, before last season, Tee was ranked as 16th best wr. So not sure where he ranks right now. He didn't have a good season either..

Would have to be much lower after last season, that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 11:32 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Technically sure. But cutting to the chase Tee is going to want at minimum around top 15. Don’t really give care where that classifies him. At minimum he’s gonna want better than the 33rd best WR. Rightfully so. JMHO if they aren’t prepared to pay him top 15 money it’s not going to happen

Do you think he’s a top 15 WR? I don’t. I think that money is better served fixing the line that needs a RT, LG and in 1 year will need a C and in 2 years a RG. Lots of holes coming up there. Also would rather pay a stud DL or even CB so Turner doesn’t have to start. And I’d even rather give the money to an edge rusher.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 03:59 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Do you think he’s a top 15 WR? I don’t. I think that money is better served fixing the line that needs a RT, LG and in 1 year will need a C and in 2 years a RG. Lots of holes coming up there. Also would rather pay a stud DL or even CB so Turner doesn’t have to start. And I’d even rather give the money to an edge rusher.

https://youtu.be/ti2BYiB5r8M?si=xRewOoIEy9wm9rJn

His TD vs the Vikings by itself validates him being top 15. Higgins is the perfect compliment to Chase. He’s as good as anybody over the middle and on slants. He’s minimum top 15 but with Chase there’s only so much you can spend on WR. I’m definitely in the sign him. But none of us matter. The team leaders and Zac want him badly. That’s not casually. They want him. Now nobody is going to want to mortgage the roster but yes they are going to try valiantly to try to keep him. It’s up to Tee to be satisfied with 20 million.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 06:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://youtu.be/ti2BYiB5r8M?si=xRewOoIEy9wm9rJn

His TD vs the Vikings by itself validates him being top 15. Higgins is the perfect compliment to Chase. He’s as good as anybody over the middle and on slants. He’s minimum top 15 but with Chase there’s only so much you can spend on WR. I’m definitely in the sign him. But none of us matter. The team leaders and Zac want him badly. That’s not casually. They want him. Now nobody is going to want to mortgage the roster but yes they are going to try valiantly to try to keep him. It’s up to Tee to be satisfied with 20 million.

gotta make those catches CONSISTENTLY..
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 06:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://youtu.be/ti2BYiB5r8M?si=xRewOoIEy9wm9rJn

One catch doesn't make you a top 15 WR. Tee had a very poor year besides that catch and is banged up a lot and before last year 
he was ranked as the 16 best WR and fell off big time. If he wants to stick around and the coaches want him to stick around like you 
say, 20 mil per year is so fair for what Tee has brought to the table so far in his career.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 06:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: One catch doesn't make you a top 15 WR. Tee had a very poor year besides that catch and is banged up a lot and before last year 
he was ranked as the 16 best WR and fell off big time. If he wants to stick around and the coaches want him to stick around like you 
say, 20 mil per year is so fair for what Tee has brought to the table so far in his career.

He’s a top 15 WR

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 10:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s a top 15 WR

Just going team by team with players that may give him a run for his money. Some are obviously, some may not be better.

Jamar Chase, zay flowers, Dionte Johnson, Amari cooper, Stephon Diggs,Jaylen waddle, Tyreek hill, garret wilson, Deandre Hopkins, Michael Pittman jr, Calvin Ridley, Nico Collin’s, Keenan Allen, davante adams, courtland sutton.

That’s 15 arguably, in the AFC alone. Top 15 isn’t a lock. I’d say somewhere between 15-30. Are we measuring based on 2024 production alone where age is less relevant, or for a 3-4 year outlook?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 10:33 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Just going team by team with players that may give him a run for his money. Some are obviously, some may not be better.

Jamar Chase, zay flowers, Dionte Johnson, Amari cooper, Stephon Diggs,Jaylen waddle, Tyreek hill, garret wilson, Deandre Hopkins, Michael Pittman jr, Calvin Ridley, Nico Collin’s, Keenan Allen, davante adams, courtland sutton.

That’s 15 arguably, in the AFC alone. Top 15 isn’t a lock. I’d say somewhere between 15-30. Are we measuring based on 2024 production alone where age is less relevant, or for a 3-4 year outlook?

Zay Flowers? C'mon now...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 10:44 PM)jason Wrote: Zay Flowers? C'mon now...

Or Waddle. Flawed list. Tee tough on slants and over the middle in traffic. He’s got strong as hell hands.

Reply/Quote

People around here always overvaluing certain players....it's so annoying.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 11:42 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Or Waddle. Flawed list. Tee tough on slants and over the middle in traffic. He’s got strong as hell hands.

Waddle is in the same tier as Tee without a doubt. Zay flowers, depending on how you are looking at this, is also in the conversation.

Again, I found 15 receivers (arguably, and I said that) that you could compare with tee.. in the AFC alone.

Tee is in the 15-25 range, but let’s not get carried away here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 03:28 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Waddle is in the same tier as Tee without a doubt. Zay flowers, depending on how you are looking at this, is also in the conversation.

Again, I found 15 receivers (arguably, and I said that) that you could compare with tee.. in the AFC alone.

Tee is in the 15-25 range, but let’s not get carried away here.

We all have and are entitled to our opinions. Most of the top receivers are burners and deep threats. Tee is the absolute best compliment to Chase. He’s big and has strong hands. He’s one of the best possession receivers in the NFL and as I’ve mentioned one of the best over the middle. Yep I’m not a buyer in that 15-25 comment.

Reply/Quote

Disagree and I think most unbiased people would.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 10:41 PM)pulses Wrote: They can get draft picks for him...it's a no brainer. I know you're all for keeping Higgins and that's your choice. But moving on from him and getting draft picks and fixing our other problems is the better solution.

We have the cap space and picks to address the holes without trading Higgins. I've have demonstrated that ad nauseum. 

$44 mil in functional space: 
1. Williams at DT ($17 mil) 
2. Reader at NT ($8 mil) 
3. Vet FS ($5 mil) 
---That's $30 mil, $14 mil in space. Use that to to fill ONE of CB4, WR3, TE, or RT. Heck, even if we splurge for Wilkins at $25, we have $6 mil. $8 if you cut Scott. Chido, Boyd, Fant, Eluemunor, or an equivalent type player. For the sake of argument, say Boyd. 

Then take OT, CB, TE the first picks. 

Day 3, take some IOL depth, Taylor in the 5th, RB depth, LB depth, another DB +1. 

Further, I am more confident in an OT at #18 upgrading Jonah than a WR at #18 (or early 2nd) uograding Higgins. Plus, the DT FAs are WAY superior to OT, CB, or TE. I'd rather spend my $$ on two elite DTs and a bargain, proven vet FS. 

We just disagree. 

But in point of fact, we are not gonna trade Higgins. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Disagree and I think most unbiased people would.

Certainly the eye of the beholder.

Reply/Quote