Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dunlap's post game tweet
(10-25-2020, 08:02 PM)JSR18 Wrote: This, 100% this...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

similar to geno and mixon then right? We pay them a ton and their production is....geno shouldn't even be on team. i can take millions for doing nothing too, and gladly.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 03:51 AM)Roland Wrote: The Bengals need to make a statement and be done with both Dunlap and Anarumo.  Dunlap shouldn't suit up again - he's a just a distraction.  If the problem were the way he's being used then I would expect him to put up maximum effort and look like a man on a mission when they asked him to just pass rush.  I haven't seen it.  Get what you can and be done with him this week.

Wait another week to sack Anarumo.  You don't want to justify Dunlap's behavior and going into the bye would be good timing for someone else to step in.

Anarumo should be gone by 10 am this morning. There are HS's in the Dayton city league that communicate, that tackle and can get to a QB better than this shit-show team and that would be going against that exact Browns team. What might be the most freakish' stat or, rather, inability in all of sports history is to watch the ineptness or ineptitude of this DL week after week, year after year to go game after game where they literally don't get a freakin' hand-print on an opposing QB. Seriously, it's like there's a mobster out there that is paying off this defense $5000.00 per play per man to NOT get to the QB.

When the argument or even conversation comes up as to when the Bengals should have scored the go-ahead TD late yesterday and whether they should have just tried a QB sneak at 4th and inches first to get the 1st down first so as to NOT have to give the Browns the ball back with a minute to go, or even less than that, who, BTW had zero TO's and needed a TD to win, enters the picture then it's a long time in the waiting to get rid of that clown who has the job description of a DC.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 08:43 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Anarumo should be gone by 10 am this morning. There are HS's in the Dayton city league that communicate, that tackle and can get to a QB better than this shit-show team and that would be going against that exact Browns team.

Are we aiming our criticism at the right person?  It may be better to take a closer look at the defensive line coach, Nick Eason, instead of piling on Lou Anarumo.  After, the secondary is playing a little better than last year and the linebackers seem to be around the ball more than in the recent past.  Nick coached at Tennessee -- Titans, not Vols -- before coming here but I can't remember their defensive line being any good either.  I can't believe the difference between the Z-Fense and the A-Holes we have now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Carlos is responsible for his own stupidity. The fact that he immediately went to Twitter to start b-tching again, after that loss where the entire defense looked so awful, says a lot. 

Isn't Carlos a former "Man of the Year" candidate for his work in preventing bullying?  I wonder how this sits with the kids he is trying to help when he goes online and is thumbing his nose at teammates and coaches.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think one of the the, "lowball offers," we've been given, will be quickly accepted.

I doubt it.  One thing about the Bengals is they won't want to reward poor behaviour.  I get it, as he has become a cancer, but I am hoping there is a fine and a suspension to Carlos for his actions.  It is going way beyond "chatter" now.  

FWIW, I absolutely love that Boyd and Mixon have publicly disagreed with his antics.  That is leadership.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 10:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I doubt it.  One thing about the Bengals is they won't want to reward poor behaviour.  I get it, as he has become a cancer, but I am hoping there is a fine and a suspension to Carlos for his actions.  It is going way beyond "chatter" now.  

FWIW, I absolutely love that Boyd and Mixon have publicly disagreed with his antics.  That is leadership.  

Mike Browns practice of keeping miserable pain in the ass players and their cloud of misery in the locker room hasn't exactly proven to be football-successful.

If MB is so intent on keeping Dunlap on this team then he should have to deal with him all day, not the other players.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:29 PM)Destro Wrote: Going after coaches ( no matter how bad they may be ) and then having a bunch of teammates seemingly no longer respecting you seems like he is doomed. As I said before, they are losing, too. They think you're in the wrong, they may be right. For all we know, he may be bad in the locker-room and practice and film study showed issues and they see why he is demoted. They are not even being PC with the situation. Straight up against him.

Yes, seeing what teammates have said, including a veteran like Bernard, is VERY telling....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 11:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Browns practice of keeping miserable pain in the ass players and their cloud of misery in the locker room hasn't exactly proven to be football-successful.

If MB is so intent on keeping Dunlap on this team then he should have to deal with him all day, not the other players.  

I am not saying that it is the right course of action, but that is what their past actions dictate. 

The last time something like this happened, they had to get a King's Ransom for Palmer.  Think about that.  If they let a QB sit out and get nothing for him, what makes us think that Dunlap wouldn't be treated the same way.  The difference is Palmer had the class (did I just say that?) to wait until the offseason.  

And I hear ya.  

If I was a Bobby Hart, or even Jonah Williams, and I got a shot at Dunlap in practice, I might let him know that I didn't appreciate his effort (or lack thereof) in a game where the offense put up 34 points.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:52 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Here's the thing though. Dunlap feels he isn't being used properly. He feels a lot of players on defense aren't being used properly. He's not the only player on the defense that feels this way. We all see how bad the play calling is and how soft they look. They are better in the run game this year. But still, they have gotten run over at times. They've done a good job in the draft (love the linebacker selections). Love bringing in Reader. Love bringing in DBs that can tackle. But overall the defense is a major weakness and needs to be fixed. We have not gotten any sort of pressure on the QB all year. It seems like our coverages are continually exploited due to poor play calling. The defense rarely knows what play (run or pass) the offense is running until a couple seconds after the snap.

Dunlap is correct in seeing Lou as a major reason for our poor showing week after week. He's just going about it the wrong way. Dropping Dunlap won't solve the problem completely. Need to drop Lou or things will get worse.

Who are the other defensive players that think they are not being used properly?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 11:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not saying that it is the right course of action, but that is what their past actions dictate. 

The last time something like this happened, they had to get a King's Ransom for Palmer.  Think about that.  If they let a QB sit out and get nothing for him, what makes us think that Dunlap wouldn't be treated the same way.  The difference is Palmer had the class (did I just say that?) to wait until the offseason.  

And I hear ya.  

If I was a Bobby Hart, or even Jonah Williams, and I got a shot at Dunlap in practice, I might let him know that I didn't appreciate his effort (or lack thereof) in a game where the offense put up 34 points.  

Dunlap ain't sitting out, he's making his teammates miserable and fight him in person and online.  Keeping him around is punishing the players who aren't being d-bags. 

But the main issue is that being fired from the Bengals is viewed as a reward.  That is a long-term black cloud over this organization.  So many times MB doesn't want to reward players by getting rid of them. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1-5-1 this year
3-19-1 under Zac Taylor
22-47-2 over the last 5 years
30 years without a playoff win

The Bengals deserve to be treated way worse than they've ever been treated. By everyone.

Did you ever stop to think, that if Carlos and other players that are paid pretty good, played with more effort and gave a shit, those stats might be different? 
Reply/Quote
Never liked the thought process that goes behind "rewarding bad behavior". I suppose in certain cicrumstances it can be relevant, but in a situation like this one (and many others) it seems like the focus is on the wrong thing

They should not focus on how this affects (rewards) Carlos. Their only focus should be how it affects (rewards) them.

Carlos Dunlap is a locker room cancer, and an unnecessry distraction. He's also offering nothing when he actually sees the field. There is zero benefit in keeping him here, only negatives. There is, however, benefit in moving on.

That should be the main focus. Which route better affects our team, and the near 100 other people in our building, that is the question. Whether or not it rewards Carlos is irrelevant.

This type of logic reminds very much of the "we're not in the other business of making other teams better" trade talk response from the front office. It's not about the other teams, just like it isn't about Carlos. Quit focusing on anything outside of what makes you better.

Does Carlos Dunlap being cut or traded make our situation better? Yes. End of story.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 12:12 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: There all going to want out soon they have no faith in this coaching staff, and see a dark future. Zac has lost this team he is horrible coach with a horrible coaching staff around him. Never thought the team would be great this year, but also never thought the coaching would be so bad.

You have any proof that the team is lost and have no faith? Just one child is throwing temper tantrum...
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 11:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Dunlap ain't sitting out, he's making his teammates miserable and fight him in person and online.  Keeping him around is punishing the players who aren't being d-bags. 

But the main issue is that being fired from the Bengals is viewed as a reward.  That is a long-term black cloud over this organization.  So many times MB doesn't want to reward players by getting rid of them. 

I think this is somewhat overblown and I can only think of Palmer and Pickens that really bitched their way out of town (and cost themselves millions in the process).  

Ever notice that if you scramble the letters Carlos Dunlap you can almost spell Carl Pickens?  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 03:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think this is somewhat overblown and I can only think of Palmer and Pickens that really bitched their way out of town (and cost themselves millions in the process).  

Ever notice that if you scramble the letters Carlos Dunlap you can almost spell Carl Pickens?  

The fact that Palmer, Pickens, and Dillion bitched their way out of town 10-20+ years ago and we are still approaching current players bitching with the same "Can't fire them...that'll be a reward" is my main issue.

PLayers are always going to be upset and complaining and wanting to leave town...it's a job and it's a business.  Ideally, you are the type of business that players will feel punished if they are fired, not rewarded.

(10-26-2020, 12:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Does Carlos Dunlap being cut or traded make our situation better?  Yes.  End of story.

Agreed.  Instead of being worried about rewarding Dunlap by cutting or trading him how about we stop punishing the rest of the team?  Novel idea here, but maybe Mike Brown's zeal for "not rewarding" complainers hasn't exactly helped the organization.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 03:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The fact that Palmer, Pickens, and Dillion bitched their way out of town 10-20+ years ago and we are still approaching current players bitching with the same "Can't fire them...that'll be a reward" is my main issue.

PLayers are always going to be upset and complaining and wanting to leave town...it's a job and it's a business.  Ideally, you are the type of business that players will feel punished if they are fired, not rewarded.

Agreed.  Instead of being worried about rewarding Dunlap by cutting or trading him how about we stop punishing the rest of the team?  Novel idea here, but maybe Mike Brown's zeal for "not rewarding" complainers hasn't exactly helped the organization.

As far as these two idea casually tossed together go, the Bengals have huge financial implications if they are cut as opposed to traded.  Right now, I am surprised there has not been a suspension for conduct detrimental for Dunlap.  I have no idea what is going on with Geno, or why he is not motivated but I know he has produced zero pressures this season so it is likely time to move on.  I hope the Bengals get something for them and Ross.  I am on the fence with Green, but I seriously doubt he would ever sign for something in the lower $7 million range which is about what I would be willing to pay him right now.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 03:30 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: As far as these two idea casually tossed together go, the Bengals have huge financial implications if they are cut as opposed to traded.  Right now, I am surprised there has not been a suspension for conduct detrimental for Dunlap.  I have no idea what is going on with Geno, or why he is not motivated but I know he has produced zero pressures this season so it is likely time to move on.  I hope the Bengals get something for them and Ross.  I am on the fence with Green, but I seriously doubt he would ever sign for something in the lower $7 million range which is about what I would be willing to pay him right now.  

I don't disagree, but I still foresee a lot of skiing and sitting around doing nothing at the trade deadline again because "We don't have to."
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 03:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't disagree, but I still foresee a lot of skiing and sitting around doing nothing at the trade deadline again because "We don't have to."

Quite possible.  I hope we get lucky (not to wish other players get injured...other than Piggy) and some team becomes really desperate for a DT, DE, or speedy WR.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 03:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Quite possible.  I hope we get lucky (not to wish other players get injured...other than Piggy) and some team becomes really desperate for a DT, DE, or speedy WR.  

It's possible, but unless Hue Jackson gets hired as a GM in the next week I have a hard time foreseeing anyone sending a trade insane enough to get Mike Brown's pulse going.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 03:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's possible, but unless Hue Jackson gets hired as a GM in the next week I have a hard time foreseeing anyone sending a trade insane enough to get Mike Brown's pulse going.

We also didn't see the Bengals signing Waynes, Reader, Alexander, Bell, and XSF in the offseason, though.  They know that the rookie wage scale for a QB makes the window pretty wide open.  They have the QB, now get rid of the corpses collecting checks, develop your young talent, get a few more key FA, draft well, and the possibilities are endless.  

Believe it or not, they have been developing their young talent VERY well right now.  How many teams are getting production from Picks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 in their rookie season with no preseason?  And they all seem to be coming along very nicely.  Very short sample size on Adeniji, however. 

That being said, draft a strong DE, DT, and OT/G in the first three rounds, sign Joe Thuney to play RG, move XSF to LG, and this team might start to surprise folks as soon as next year.  
Reply/Quote