Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dunlap's post game tweet
(10-25-2020, 10:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I get what you're saying and it would be rewarding him I guess...but honestly, I just think they need to cut ties with him even if they don't get a trade offer. The guy has all of sudden shown a level of immaturity that I didn't even know he possessed. It's crazy, because I've always liked Carlos...but when he went straight to social media after the game to continue his drama queen posting, it said a lot about what's really important to him right now...and it's not the team.

I could not agree more. I've always loved 'Los. Today, going on social media immediately after the game, was the last straw for me. I'm glad we have guys like Tyler Boyd and Joe Mixon who have a lot of pride being a Bengal. This whole Dunlap thing has been heartbreaking for me. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The 2020 Jets are worse than here, but if they go into 2021 with Trevor Lawrence and use his shine to bring in decent HC/GM/coordinators I wouldn't automatically bet they're the crappiest place to be.

But this is the biggest issue...being traded from a team shouldn't be a reward.  I know every NFL team can't be on the top of the world, but the fact that Mike Brown has been hesitant to reward players by getting them out of here for damn near 30 years is utterly damning.  

Bell and Brown wanted out of Pittsburgh and they're regarded as being mentally insane at worst and flat out stupid at best.  Players want out of Cincy and it's just another day.

I can't comment on this... I'll be accused of hating on our QB  Tongue

I was simply looking at the rest of this season, if Dunlap thinks it sucks here right now...go play in New York for the rest of the year and see what it is like.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The 2020 Jets are worse than here, but if they go into 2021 with Trevor Lawrence and use his shine to bring in decent HC/GM/coordinators I wouldn't automatically bet they're the crappiest place to be.

But this is the biggest issue...being traded from a team shouldn't be a reward.  I know every NFL team can't be on the top of the world, but the fact that Mike Brown has been hesitant to reward players by getting them out of here for damn near 30 years is utterly damning.  

The Jets are still going to be trash even with Lawrence. Look at that roster up and down. They’re far worse than us. Their RB is 57 years old, their leading WR is Jamison Crowder, and they traded away their best defensive player.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:39 PM)jmccracky Wrote: I could not agree more. I've always loved 'Los. Today, going on social media immediately after the game, was the last straw for me. I'm glad we have guys like Tyler Boyd and Joe Mixon who have a lot of pride being a Bengal. This whole Dunlap thing has been heartbreaking for me. 

Yeah I get his frustration but he needs to stfu at the same time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:45 PM)pally Wrote:

He has to sell his home furnished because he doesn’t have any sacks to pack his crap in!

Bye Los. I’ll remember the good times.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Jets are still going to be trash even with Lawrence. Look at that roster up and down. They’re far worse than us. Their RB is 57 years old, their leading WR is Jamison Crowder, and they traded away their best defensive player.

I'm not going to bat for the Jets here, but I'm just saying it's possible they bring in the kind of GM and coaching staff we've been wanting for a long ass time.  But my main point is that we can point to a single team that being traded to would be a possible bummer for a malcontent player.  Even if we accept that being traded to the Jets would hurt Dunlap that is pretty much an argument any team could make.

Also interesting that the Jets had Bell being a pain in the ass and they let him go and ate his contract and he's in KC now.  Doesn't seem like the Jets are in the market to replace one pain in the arse with another, so that could also be seen as a mark in the favor of the Jets, as well. 

BUt meh, the short of it is that being traded or cut from a team shouldn't be a reward, but Mike Brown has had that mindset for decades.  Oof.  At least by my 4th marriage I realized that I should start trying to be the kind of man women shouldn't consider leaving to be a reward! 

(10-25-2020, 10:41 PM)J24 Wrote: Yeah I get his frustration but he needs to stfu at the same time.

This, too.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Carlos is responsible for his own stupidity. The fact that he immediately went to Twitter to start b-tching again, after that loss where the entire defense looked so awful, says a lot. 

Were 1-18-1 under Taylor, under Marvin we never won a playoff game and this franchise is pure trash and doesnt deserve ANY good player they happen to luck into.

Carlos is doing the right thing. This isnt a slave plantation. This team had 10 years to make Dunlap happy and lets not act like Dunlap hasnt been holding ALOT of these emotions back. Hes been the prototypical team player and team ambassador. We made him snap period. Losing does this. Losing was ok when he was the starter. But losing as the backup is insufferable. 

Anybody acting like Carlos is crazy for wanting out is hilarious. Yall act like were the Chiefs and just won a superbowl. This is the Bengals. We SUCK. Sucking makes players unhappy. Not being angry right now would mean youve given up. Dunlap hasnt given up. Trade him to a good team and watch him in the playoffs.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:56 PM)Housh Wrote: Were 1-18-1 under Taylor, under Marvin we never won a playoff game and this franchise is pure trash and doesnt deserve ANY good player they happen to luck into.

Carlos is doing the right thing. This isnt a slave plantation. This team had 10 years to make Dunlap happy and lets not act like Dunlap hasnt been holding ALOT of these emotions back. Hes been the prototypical team player and team ambassador. We made him snap period. Losing does this. Losing was ok when he was the starter. But losing as the backup is insufferable. 

Anybody acting like Carlos is crazy for wanting out is hilarious. Yall act like were the Chiefs and just won a superbowl. This is the Bengals. We SUCK. Sucking makes players unhappy. Not being angry right now would mean youve given up. Dunlap hasnt given up. Trade him to a good team and watch him in the playoffs.

Lot of nonsense in this post. Dunlap is pissed about his playing time, not our record. If he was starting you wouldn’t be hearing all this crying.

Also, ZT has 3 wins. Don’t sell him short. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lot of nonsense in this post. Dunlap is pissed about his playing time, not our record. If he was starting you wouldn’t be hearing all this crying.

Right
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:56 PM)Housh Wrote: Were 1-18-1 under Taylor, under Marvin we never won a playoff game and this franchise is pure trash and doesnt deserve ANY good player they happen to luck into.

I can only speak for myself, but to me, it has absolutely nothing to do with him 'wanting' out. Players can want out for a variety of reasons. It's the way he's going about it that is the problem. He's made it all about Carlos, when everyone on the team is trying to deal with the losing. 

Geno has had his time reduced, and there are reports he's frustrated as well, but we haven't heard a peep from him publicly. AJ got frustrated on the field, but acknowledged it, said he didn't handle it the right way and has stepped up to become more productive. 

Yet, here we are with Carlos, running to Twitter to continue his b-thcing after that heartbreaking loss. His teammates haven't exactly had his back either because as Tyler said, it was some 'sucka shit'. 
Reply/Quote
I have not read all the replies in this thread so if some of these points have been said already apologies in advance.

Mikey doesn’t generally give in to players wanting out. A contract is a contract. Even though there aren’t guaranteed contracts in the Nfl players knew, barring injury, the contract they signed with the bengals would almost certainly be paid out in full since the bengals rarely cut or trade their players.

This a good time to reverse course, in terms of trading players. 2 main reasons I say this.

1 is the burrow effect. I’m fairly certain jb has shown franchise qb traits. He should at least produce some playoff wins if he doesn’t get hurt and the team surrounds him with competent coaches and teammates. Do you really want him exposed to years of negativity in the locker room? If the front office doesn’t change it’s tune I can totally see him not signing a long term deal after his rookie contract is up.

Second is the salary cap. It will go down next year. This should be the year they finally trade off their overpriced, older and disgruntled players. Free up the cash to hopefully get at least 1 good ol in free agency and hit on our draft picks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I can only speak for myself, but to me, it has absolutely nothing to do with him 'wanting' out. Players can want out for a variety of reasons. It's the way he's going about it that is the problem. He's made it all about Carlos, when everyone on the team is trying to deal with the losing. 

Geno has had his time reduced, and there are reports he's frustrated as well, but we haven't heard a peep from him publicly. AJ got frustrated on the field, but acknowledged it, said he didn't handle it the right way and has stepped up to become more productive. 

Yet, here we are with Carlos, running to Twitter to continue his b-thcing after that heartbreaking loss. His teammates haven't exactly had his back because as Tyler said, it was some 'sucka shit'. 

Geno is a class act. Dunlap is a drama queen. And I was always a big fan of his. Argued for years he was even underrated. This is a terrible ending to his Bengals career though.

Probably why he had off the field issues in college, and never once got voted Captain here (he didn’t right?).

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lot of nonsense in this post. Dunlap is pissed about his playing time, not our record. If he was starting you wouldn’t be hearing all this crying.

I hate you lol

My bad he has 3 wins
-Housh
Reply/Quote
they should just mess with him the rest of the year. Make him practice every week then make him one of the guys that doesnt dress on game day. Dont give in to his whining and set a pressident. Hope MB dings his heels in like he did to Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right

There all going to want out soon they have no faith in this coaching staff, and see a dark future. Zac has lost this team he is horrible coach with a horrible coaching staff around him. Never thought the team would be great this year, but also never thought the coaching would be so bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 12:12 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: There all going to want out soon they have no faith in this coaching staff, and see a dark future. Zac has lost this team he is horrible coach with a horrible coaching staff around him. Never thought the team would be great this year, but also never thought the coaching would be so bad.

I don’t disagree that the coaching staff has sucked and most likely will continue to do so.

I just can’t get onboard with the way Dunlap is going about it, at all.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Dunlap has truly liked this coaching staff since they took over. He apparently only gave half effort in practice last year which angered some of the coaches. He didn't "wake up" until Andy's benching when he realized that he could also be benched. His name was even floated during last year's trade deadline according to some of the beat writers. It's not uncommon for vets to not like new coaches, but this has been an insane ride with Dunlap.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
it's always one of our guys "whining" why wouldn't he be pissed off. who as a bengal or a bengal fan is not pissed off? garbage in garbage out every year. carlos is past his time as is geno and AJ. marvin might've been the best we had under this regime, man that's such a terrible thing to even think. i do believe burrow is fantastic, once he gets "palmered" we'll be back to square zero. if you were on the team would you have hope?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 01:53 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't think Dunlap has truly liked this coaching staff since they took over. He apparently only gave half effort in practice last year which angered some of the coaches. He didn't "wake up" until Andy's benching when he realized that he could also be benched. His name was even floated during last year's trade deadline according to some of the beat writers. It's not uncommon for vets to not like new coaches, but this has been an insane ride with Dunlap.

You’re probably spot on with this.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals need to make a statement and be done with both Dunlap and Anarumo. Dunlap shouldn't suit up again - he's a just a distraction. If the problem were the way he's being used then I would expect him to put up maximum effort and look like a man on a mission when they asked him to just pass rush. I haven't seen it. Get what you can and be done with him this week.

Wait another week to sack Anarumo. You don't want to justify Dunlap's behavior and going into the bye would be good timing for someone else to step in.
Reply/Quote