Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dunlap's post game tweet
I don’t care how much he hates Lou, ZT, the scheme, the play calling, his position on the depth chart, or whatever ? The “Bengals” don’t deserve to be treated like this. And he used to be one of my favorites. I hope they trade him for a case of Gatorade tomorrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:37 PM)bengaloo Wrote: There was a guy who also tweeted this

"Camera didn’t catch it all. Was at the game. Dunlap went after Lou right after the TD. Exchanged words. Zac got in to break it up. Then other coaches went to walk Dunlap away. Zac and Lou were talking loudly to each other after, I’m sure Lou said 96 has to go. But after that"
https://twitter.com/_DunnDeal/status/1320463154518872064

Also a guy in one of those Twitter threads that pointed out that Carlos is rated as the 71st best DE this season. Just sayin. Carlos is mad because he sucks basically.

Here's the thing though. Dunlap feels he isn't being used properly. He feels a lot of players on defense aren't being used properly. He's not the only player on the defense that feels this way. We all see how bad the play calling is and how soft they look. They are better in the run game this year. But still, they have gotten run over at times. They've done a good job in the draft (love the linebacker selections). Love bringing in Reader. Love bringing in DBs that can tackle. But overall the defense is a major weakness and needs to be fixed. We have not gotten any sort of pressure on the QB all year. It seems like our coverages are continually exploited due to poor play calling. The defense rarely knows what play (run or pass) the offense is running until a couple seconds after the snap.

Dunlap is correct in seeing Lou as a major reason for our poor showing week after week. He's just going about it the wrong way. Dropping Dunlap won't solve the problem completely. Need to drop Lou or things will get worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:52 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Here's the thing though. Dunlap feels he isn't being used properly. He feels a lot of players on defense aren't being used properly. He's not the only player on the defense that feels this way. We all see how bad the play calling is and how soft they look. They are better in the run game this year. But still, they have gotten run over at times. They've done a good job in the draft (love the linebacker selections). Love bringing in Reader. Love bringing in DBs that can tackle. But overall the defense is a major weakness and needs to be fixed. We have not gotten any sort of pressure on the QB all year. It seems like our coverages are continually exploited due to poor play calling. The defense rarely knows what play (run or pass) the offense is running until a couple seconds after the snap.

Dunlap is correct in seeing Lou as a major reason for our poor showing week after week. He's just going about it the wrong way. Dropping Dunlap won't solve the problem completely. Need to drop Lou or things will get worse.

I am not on Lou's bandwagon at all anymore but was feeling better about him after the Ravens game. This defense is a rollercoaster though. I know we have some key injuries and I'm sure it would help if we had those guys, but meltdowns like last week and today are unacceptable no matter what, imo. 

Lou was praised after the Ravens game but since then he's D has been terrible and have lost 2 games in a row that we should've won. Carlos sucks too though. I dont care what system. He was in this system last year and played better. He is just getting flat out beat by OLmen all the time. As far as I'm concerned send Carlos and Lou out on the same bus and let them discuss it on their way out of Cinci.
Reply/Quote
Agree with Boyd.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:59 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I am not on Lou's bandwagon at all anymore but was feeling better about him after the Ravens game. This defense is a rollercoaster though. I know we have some key injuries and I'm sure it would help if we had those guys, but meltdowns like last week and today are unacceptable no matter what, imo. 

Lou was praised after the Ravens game but since then he's D has been terrible and have lost 2 games in a row that we should've won. Carlos sucks too though. I dont care what system. He was in this system last year and played better. He is just getting flat out beat by OLmen all the time. As far as I'm concerned send Carlos and Lou out on the same bus and let them discuss it on their way out of Cinci.

Yeah they played well against the Ravens. But they are just way too inconsistent. We had no chance of wining that game and the defense played as good as they could. Yet in games we have a chance of winning they cannot close any games out/ shut anyone down. As a defense if you can't close out teams in the 4th quarter, you suck. Or the Chargers game too. 21-0 lead. Disappears in 1 quarter.  I'm tired of all the excuses. They need to make a change.

Schematically and personnel wise they've made some great upgrades this year. However, they continue to look soft when it matters and the play calling just isn't good enough. Bring in someone who can right the ship. I'm mostly tired of the poor play calling. Zim kept us in games with his play calling. I see critical play calling errors on almost every drive with Lou.
Reply/Quote
Oops, I meant the Colts game. Phillip Rivers threw me off.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Agree with Boyd.

When your own teammates don't have your back, that says a lot.

The team should just send Carlos home and list him as inactive till they find a trade partner or cut him. Why have him in the facility being a cancer? 

I get being frustrated, but this is a childish reaction from a veteran player.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don’t care how much he hates Lou, ZT, the scheme, the play calling, his position on the depth chart, or whatever ? The “Bengals” don’t deserve to be treated like this. And he used to be one of my favorites. I hope they trade him for a case of Gatorade tomorrow.

1-5-1 this year
3-19-1 under Zac Taylor
22-47-2 over the last 5 years
30 years without a playoff win

The Bengals deserve to be treated way worse than they've ever been treated. By everyone.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The whole team has the same number of losses, but are paid even less. If they can man up, you should be able to, too.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1-5-1 this year
3-19-1 under Zac Taylor
22-47-2 over the last 5 years
30 years without a playoff win

The Bengals deserve to be treated way worse than they've ever been treated. By everyone.

What is Dunlap acting like a 13 year old girl on social media gonna help ?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Agree with Boyd.

Boyd is quickly becoming one of my favorite Bengals. Good for him.

Reply/Quote
If this is the thing that finally gets Lou canned, will everyone still have a problem with it?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boyd is quickly becoming one of my favorite Bengals. Good for him.

I think the offense knows they are the better unit and are sick of being held back by a God awful defense. Coaches suck, and players suck 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If this is the thing that finally gets Lou canned, will everyone still have a problem with it?

"Everyone" doesn't have a problem with it. Pretty sure you don't. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: "Everyone" doesn't have a problem with it. Pretty sure you don't. 

And you are very wrong.  I do, but it is VERY low on the list of problems for me.

It's kind of like Chris Rock's joke about OJ Simpson, "I ain't sayin' he shoulda killed her, but I understand"
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If this is the thing that finally gets Lou canned, will everyone still have a problem with it?

Yes.

Lou being a shitty DC has nothing to do with Carlos acting like a drama queen. 

Lou is responsible for his own failings and Carlos is responsible for his own immaturity. 

I hope they are both gone very soon.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What is Dunlap acting like a 13 year old girl on social media gonna help ?

Likely nothing at all, but it doesn't change the fact that the Bengals do indeed deserve to be treated like this.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Likely nothing at all, but it doesn't change the fact that the Bengals do indeed deserve to be treated like this.

His teammates (especially on offense) don’t.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yes. Lou being a shitty DC has nothing to do with Carlos acting like a drama queen. 

Lou is responsible for his own failings and Carlos is responsible for his own immaturity. 

Neither would be missed at this point, and that is sad because Dunlap used to be such a core guy and face of the franchise.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yes.

Lou being a shitty DC has nothing to do with Carlos acting like a drama queen. 

With Carlos you're faced with the ages old question:

Do you reward bad behavior? 

Unless someone blew my socks off; I'd demote him to the practice squad and protect him from getting plucked for a couple weeks. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote