Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dunlap's post game tweet
(10-25-2020, 07:04 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: We’ve also seen as recently as last year, he takes a while to get going. He was invisible the first half of last season and then the best player on defense the second half. He’s like Joey Votto.

Being invisible in over half of your last 23 games isn't really a very good selling point.   Whatever
Reply/Quote
Didn't Carlos jump offsides at a pretty key moment in the first half? He should have never been at the game. Carlos is the owner of his shitty play on the field and baby-like attitude on the sidelines and Twitter. But ZT is in charge of keeping that crap off the sidelines and should've never let Carlos dress. The truth is our pass rush sucks and is totally inept, and it was terrible even when Carlos was the starter. He's very immature though and that has to go.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:19 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Didn't Carlos jump offsides at a pretty key moment in the first half? He should have never been at the game. Carlos is the owner of his shitty play on the field and baby-like attitude on the sidelines and Twitter. But ZT is in charge of keeping that crap off the sidelines and should've never let Carlos dress. The truth is our pass rush sucks and is totally inept, and it was terrible even when Carlos was the starter. He's very immature though and that has to go.

No.  He was flagged for it, but replay was clear that it should have been on the offensive guard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What did Dunlap do on the sidelines after the game? When I was watching it on tv they cut away before I saw anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:35 PM)GodFather Wrote: What did Dunlap do on the sidelines after the game? When I was watching it on tv they cut away before I saw anything.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:35 PM)GodFather Wrote: What did Dunlap do on the sidelines after the game? When I was watching it on tv they cut away before I saw anything.

I'm gonna go with he tweeted that his house is for sale
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm gonna go with he tweeted that his house is for sale

I think he also did something on the sideline. 
Reply/Quote
Former Bengal Tim McGee is quoted on Twitter by Lance as saying "you have to get him out of here."

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:03 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’ll take what Gio says with a grain of salt. This is the staff that overpaid for him after all.

I keep hearing people say this over and over. When Gio plays, he plays well. He is the best blocker we have out of the backfield. His blocks have led to a lot of downfield completions. He's probably better than Mixon catching and running with the ball. He does a good job running the ball (and taking care of the ball). I just don't see the hate for such a consistent performer (and team player).
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:54 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I keep hearing people say this over and over. When Gio plays, he plays well. He is the best blocker we have out of the backfield. His blocks have led to a lot of downfield completions. He's probably better than Mixon catching and running with the ball. He does a good job running the ball (and taking care of the ball). I just don't see the hate for such a consistent performer (and team player).

It’s not “hate” it’s a fact. Gio is way overpaid. I love the guy, but that doesn’t mean he’s worth what we gave him.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap does not care if he pisses off the fans.

He wants out.

And this type of behavior will not stop other teams from signing him.  He has been around the league a long time without causing any trouble.  He has earned some respect around the league while Zac and Lou are jokes.

Every other team would 100% understand a player wanting out of Cincy. This behavior only helps Carlos lol.
Reply/Quote
Don't even give him the satisfaction of a trade. Put him on IR and make him sit for the season with no stats and let the market try to figure out how much to pay for an older veteran that has underperformed

Apparently the Bengals have tried to trade him and none of the other NFL teams want a rotten apple like Dunlap that could ruin the rest of their bunch.
Reply/Quote
I totally understand Carlos Dunlap’s frustration. Going from a top Mike Zimmer defense to a bottom dwelling defense without changing teams would cause mental injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not “hate” it’s a fact. Gio is way overpaid. I love the guy, but that doesn’t mean he’s worth what we gave him.

Well, if we didn't have him we would have connected on a lot less deep completions the last few weeks--and throughout the year. I see value in having him. He played well today. He's a great back to have in shotgun situations picking up blitzes and getting open in space. 

Hate is an accurate word by the way. That's all I hear is people hating on Gio or the Bengals for overpaying him. Yet, he consistently makes the team better when he's out there.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not “hate” it’s a fact. Gio is way overpaid. I love the guy, but that doesn’t mean he’s worth what we gave him.
This, 100% this...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:01 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Well, if we didn't have him we would have connected on a lot less deep completions the last few weeks--and throughout the year. I see value in having him. He played well today. He's a great back to have in shotgun situations picking up blitzes and getting open in space. 

Hate is an accurate word by the way. That's all I hear is people hating on Gio or the Bengals for overpaying him. Yet, he consistently makes the team better when he's out there.

13 carries for 37 yds 2.8 avg

He’s overpaid. Not entirely his fault, as we can’t run for shit this year no matter who it is, but then maybe we shouldn’t have overpaid 2 RB’s (yes Mixon is also overpaid) if we were just going to throw a million times every game.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 13 carries for 37 yds 2.8 avg

He’s overpaid. Not entirely his fault, as we can’t run for shit this year no matter who it is, but then maybe we shouldn’t have overpaid 2 RB’s (yes Mixon is also overpaid) if we were just going to throw a million times every game.

Did he have any catches?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did he have any catches?

No. Just ran for 38 yards
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:58 PM)BoBengal Wrote: Don't even give him the satisfaction of a trade.  Put him on IR and make him sit for the season with no stats and let the market try to figure out how much to pay for an older veteran that has underperformed

Apparently the Bengals have tried to trade him and none of the other NFL teams want a rotten apple like Dunlap that could ruin the rest of their bunch.

This is not true.  They reports indicate that other teams feel we are asking too high of compensation, not that no one wants him.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

So I just watched it for the first time.

Yes, it looks like he was jawing with Easton.  However, it looked like Carlos was trying to walk past him and Easton kind of strafed with him.  This is about the moment that Green steps in front of him.  From what I saw, I don't feel that his beef was with Easton.  I think Easton was trying to stop him from going after someone else (my guess would be Lou, but Al or Zach are certainly possibilities).
Reply/Quote