Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dunlap's post game tweet
(10-25-2020, 08:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So I just watched it for the first time.

Yes, it looks like he was jawing with Easton.  However, it looked like Carlos was trying to walk past him and Easton kind of strafed with him.  This is about the moment that Green steps in front of him.  From what I saw, I don't feel that his beef was with Easton.  I think Easton was trying to stop him from going after someone else (my guess would be Lou, but Al or Zach are certainly possibilities).

Damn, Fred's the first olineman that Los has gotten by all year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did he have any catches?

Yep. Pretty decent day with 59 yds and a TD. He’s still overpaid.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: No. Just ran for 38 yards

37. Don’t exaggerate.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 13 carries for 37 yds 2.8 avg

He’s overpaid. Not entirely his fault, as we can’t run for shit this year no matter who it is, but then maybe we shouldn’t have overpaid 2 RB’s (yes Mixon is also overpaid) if we were just going to throw a million times every game.

(10-25-2020, 08:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did he have any catches?

5 catches for 59 yards and a TD today. Only 13 rushing attempts. They weren't trying to rush the ball today. Also had a rushing TD last week. Thats two TDs in 1.5 games.

But it's not all about stats. His blocks have given Burrow just enough time to hit some deep passes the past couple weeks.

To me, he's the prefect shotgun RB for us as he blocks better than any RB we have, and runs routes/catches/runs better than any RB we have. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:24 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: 5 catches for 59 yards and a TD today. Only 13 rushing attempts. They weren't trying to rush the ball today. Also had a rushing TD last week. Thats two TDs in 1.5 games.

But it's not all about stats. His blocks have given Burrow just enough time to hit some deep passes the past couple weeks.

To me, he's the prefect shotgun RB for us as he blocks better than any RB we have, and runs routes/catches/runs better than any RB we have. 

Yeah, when we're looking at wasted money on this team I'd put Gio's $4 Mil near the bottom. Dude's a team player and a class act. 

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, when we're looking at wasted money on this team I'd put Gio's $4 Mil near the bottom. Dude's a team player and a class act. 

Only $4 mil? Sheesh, I figured it was over $5 by the way a lot of people complain. Seems like a great deal to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:24 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: 5 catches for 59 yards and a TD today. Only 13 rushing attempts. They weren't trying to rush the ball today. Also had a rushing TD last week. Thats two TDs in 1.5 games.

He’s a hell of a blocker. No argument there.

Reply/Quote
A smart team would play Dunlap more, up his value, and then trade him.

Lou is a joke. Plus, it is not like Lawson was pressuring anyone.

If it was me, I'd fire Lou tomorrow & bring in an experienced DC (Wade Phillips, or Zimmer if he gets canned) and see if the situation can be salvaged.

Maybe wait for the bye.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, when we're looking at wasted money on this team I'd put Gio's $4 Mil near the bottom. Dude's a team player and a class act. 

Never said he wasn’t.

Reply/Quote
I will just go out and say it though. I thought we were right to keep Dunlap last year. I was wrong. His trade value was much better last year, and he hasn't done anything this year. With the new defense he just doesn't fit in schematically either. Knowing this, they should have traded him at the deadline last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:32 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A smart team would play Dunlap more, up his value, and then trade him.

If it was me, I'd fire Lou tomorrow & bring in an experienced DC (Wade Phillips, or Zimmer if he gets canned) and see if the situation can be salvaged.

Maybe wait for the bye.

His value will not go up the more he plays because he's played terrible aside from 9 tackles in one game and 0 sacks. 

Also, do teams every bring outside coordinators mid season?? People always reference this but does this actually happen? 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:32 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A smart team would play Dunlap more, up his value, and then trade him.

Maybe wait for the bye.
If he's playing terrible then why would playing him more up his value?

Our best bet is with a team that has not watched him play this year

Reply/Quote
I was hoping for Bowles last year, but Tampa snatched him up and we didn't even look to bring in an upgrade. This year we could potentially have Zimmer, but I think he stays in MN and rebounds next year. We could look at Wade Phillips. Dan Quinn. We could look at a number of DCs.

Lou needs to go. Play calling is poor. We just look soft out there. To top it off the players don't respect him.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So I just watched it for the first time.

Yes, it looks like he was jawing with Easton.  However, it looked like Carlos was trying to walk past him and Easton kind of strafed with him.  This is about the moment that Green steps in front of him.  From what I saw, I don't feel that his beef was with Easton.  I think Easton was trying to stop him from going after someone else (my guess would be Lou, but Al or Zach are certainly possibilities).

There was a guy who also tweeted this

"Camera didn’t catch it all. Was at the game. Dunlap went after Lou right after the TD. Exchanged words. Zac got in to break it up. Then other coaches went to walk Dunlap away. Zac and Lou were talking loudly to each other after, I’m sure Lou said 96 has to go. But after that"
https://twitter.com/_DunnDeal/status/1320463154518872064

Also a guy in one of those Twitter threads that pointed out that Carlos is rated as the 71st best DE this season. Just sayin. Carlos is mad because he sucks basically.
Reply/Quote
Zac's response:

Quote:Carlos Dunlap looked to be yelling on the sidelines at either coaches or players. He posted the defensive depth chart earlier this weekend on Instagram, calling you out. How frustrating is that situation right now? Is it a distraction to your team?

"We just handle that internally. We (have) a group of guys in the locker room who want so badly to do things the right way and get this to where we want to be. That's who we put our focus on."

From: https://www.bengals.com/news/what-joe-burrow-and-zac-taylor-said-following-the-week-7-game-against-cleveland
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:37 PM)bengaloo Wrote: There was a guy who also tweeted this

"Camera didn’t catch it all. Was at the game. Dunlap went after Lou right after the TD. Exchanged words. Zac got in to break it up. Then other coaches went to walk Dunlap away. Zac and Lou were talking loudly to each other after, I’m sure Lou said 96 has to go. But after that"
https://twitter.com/_DunnDeal/status/1320463154518872064

Also a guy in one of those Twitter threads that pointed out that Carlos is rated as the 71st best DE this season. Just sayin. Carlos is mad because he sucks basically.

So maybe Zac is done with Lou?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So maybe Zac is done with Lou?

God i hope so. 
Reply/Quote
Put him on the next Greyhound bus out of town. This guy is past his prime. Never shows up for big games and is over paid, don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out. I would feel difference if your play matched the amount of whining but it’s not close. Good bye

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So maybe Zac is done with Lou?

That would not hurt my feelings at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:48 PM)bengaloo Wrote: That would not hurt my feelings at all.

That is good.  Otherwise we would have to take you to the funny farm.
Reply/Quote