Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dunlap's post game tweet
(10-25-2020, 09:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His teammates (especially on offense) don’t.

That’s why I’m talking about, his teammates. Not the front office.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:13 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This is not true.  They reports indicate that other teams feel we are asking too high of compensation, not that no one wants him.

This is what irks me, but I guess it's just speculation.  The possibility that we could get something/anything to alleviate a headache and remove a locker room cancer but Mike Brown can ask for too much because he isn't a normal GM who would get fired for keeping a problem player in order to win a staring contest rather than improve the team.

Does this look good to Burrow?  Hey, want us to trade a guy who is being a major pain in the ass and get a pick in return?  Well, too bad because that sort of no-brainer move isn't the way we do things here. So not only do we not get a pick, but the rest of our team who isn't complaining gets to be within smelling distance of a guy who is acting like a huge d-bag the whole time. What fun.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is what irks me, but I guess it's just speculation.  The possibility that we could get something/anything to alleviate a headache and remove a locker room cancer but Mike Brown can ask for too much because he isn't a normal GM who would get fired for keeping a problem player in order to win a staring contest rather than improve the team.

Does this look good to Burrow?  Hey, want us to trade a guy who is being a major pain in the ass and get a pick in return?  Well, too bad because that sort of no-brainer move isn't the way we do things here. So not only do we not get a pick, but the rest of our team who isn't complaining gets to be within smelling distance of a guy who is acting like a huge d-bag the whole time. What fun.

Mike is very hard to understand to say the least.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mike is very hard to understand to say the least.

He is?  Seems pretty simple to me.  I think we can all relate to being lazy even if we can't relate to being handed a job that makes us a buttload of money that we can't possibly be fired from.

Mike Brown not taking the initiative to trade Dunlap is the equivalent of me just tossing the basket of clean laundry on the floor and using it as a makeshift dresser for the week.  What happens if I don't put the laundry away?  Nothing?  Ah ok, well in that case I'll just log back onto the Bengals board and waste time.
Reply/Quote
I think Zac may push his release to the FO. If they don’t bite? Let him clean the locker room while the real teammates take the field. Don’t even want to see him on the sidelines.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1-5-1 this year
3-19-1 under Zac Taylor
22-47-2 over the last 5 years
30 years without a playoff win

The Bengals deserve to be treated way worse than they've ever been treated. By everyone.

Yeah, things have to suck here, especially when you figure Dunlap has been in Cincy for his whole 10 year career and half of it has gone down the tubes in what is looking to be 5-straight losing seasons.

And we can laugh about sending him to the Jets, but they'll probably be drafting Lawrence and using him to lure a real coaching staff and/or GM to NY while we are trying to hype up what ZT and Lou can do with "players who actually want to be here."  One of the suckiest parts of being a sucky team is that you can't keep players in line by threatening to ship them off to worse teams.

We have a very depressing sort of player path going here where players like Atkins and Dunlap were the young "wanna be here guys" when guys like Palmer and Chad wanted out and here we are less than a decade later and Dunlap and Atkins want out and the players who want to be here are eager to tell them to kick rocks.  Makes sense...just beware.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He is?  Seems pretty simple to me.  I think we can all relate to being lazy even if we can't relate to being handed a job that makes us a buttload of money that we can't possibly be fired from.

Mike Brown not taking the initiative to trade Dunlap is the equivalent of me just tossing the basket of clean laundry on the floor and using it as a makeshift dresser for the week.  What happens if I don't put the laundry away?  Nothing?  Ah ok, well in that case I'll just log back onto the Bengals board and waste time.

I mean it’s hard to understand why he’s so rammed stubborn and refuses to quit running his team like it’s still 1965.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think Zac may push his release to the FO. If they don’t bite? Let him clean the locker room while the real teammates take the field. Don’t even want to see him on the sidelines.

I think one of the the, "lowball offers," we've been given, will be quickly accepted.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Even if Dunlap was the best player on defense and had a great game, his behavior at the end of the game and his tweet would reflect on him as a terrible leader.

But considering he's one of the least productive players and quite frankly overpaid and lucky to even be playing ( due to injuries), his behavior is atrocious and quite frankly comes across as that of a person trying to scapegoat others for his own piss poor performance.

And this quite frankly makes me want to see him cut. And that's my point of view as someone who holds a very low view of the coaching staff's abilities including Lou.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: With Carlos you're faced with the ages old question:

Do you reward bad behavior? 

Unless someone blew my socks off; I'd demote him to the practice squad and protect him from getting plucked for a couple weeks. 

Yeah, I get what you're saying and it would be rewarding him I guess...but honestly, I just think they need to cut ties with him even if they don't get a trade offer. The guy has all of sudden shown a level of immaturity that I didn't even know he possessed. It's crazy, because I've always liked Carlos...but when he went straight to social media after the game to continue his drama queen posting, it said a lot about what's really important to him right now...and it's not the team.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think one of the the, "lowball offers," we've been given, will be quickly accepted.

I doubt there were offers for him to begin with, but even if there were I think that ship has long sailed.

Everyone and their brother know now that this guy will force himself to be released, which kills any value he may have had. 

If some team really wants him, they'll wait it out, and pay him a fraction of what he'd be due in a trade.  And they'll retain a draft pick in the process.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think one of the the, "lowball offers," we've been given, will be quickly accepted.

Hope so. Be gone.

Reply/Quote
I just hope there is a GM out there as out of touch with things as some fans of those other teams.

The replies to Dunlap's tweet with people saying, come to Buffalo and bring Atkins with you, or come to Seattle or...

Umm... yes please... please let Seattle or Buffalo offer a pick for him.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:43 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Neither would be missed at this point, and that is sad because Dunlap used to be such a core guy and face of the franchise.

That seems to be the natural progression of a player during the MB-era Bengals.  Dunlap went from a face of the 2011 "screw you, old guard who wanted out" rebirth and now his more youthful teammates are calling him out for being the cancerous bum he wasn't 10 years ago.  Circle of life, and all that. 

So screw Dunlap, we're gonna be even better without him by replacing him by young talented players who WANT to be here....and this time it's gonna work!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: With Carlos you're faced with the ages old question:

Do you reward bad behavior? 

Unless someone blew my socks off; I'd demote him to the practice squad and protect him from getting plucked for a couple weeks. 

Trading Dunlap for anything rewards the rest of the team who want to be here by getting a pick and getting Dunlap the hell away from them. 

Do we reward good behavior, or is it more important that we make a miserable situation even worse?   Keeping Dunlap within complaining distance of the rest of the team is punishing them.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trading Dunlap for anything rewards the rest of the team who want to be here by getting a pick and getting Dunlap the hell away from them. 

Do we reward good behavior, or is it more important that we make a miserable situation even worse?   Keeping Dunlap within complaining distance of the rest of the team is punishing them.

Exactly. If you can get an asset for him you do it. Not doing so is pure stubbornness.

Reply/Quote
Going after coaches ( no matter how bad they may be ) and then having a bunch of teammates seemingly no longer respecting you seems like he is doomed. As I said before, they are losing, too. They think you're in the wrong, they may be right. For all we know, he may be bad in the locker-room and practice and film study showed issues and they see why he is demoted. They are not even being PC with the situation. Straight up against him.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I mean it’s hard to understand why he’s so rammed stubborn and refuses to quit running his team like it’s still 1965.

Because he doesn't have to.  It's the same reason I don't have a perfect physique, or speak Latin, or play the bassoon...I don't have to do it and doing it is harder than doing nothing.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I get what you're saying and it would be rewarding him I guess...but honestly, I just think they need to cut ties with him even if they don't get a trade offer. The guy has all of sudden shown a level of immaturity that I didn't even know he possessed. It's crazy, because I've always liked Carlos...but when he went straight to social media after the game to continue his drama queen posting, it said a lot about what's really important to him right now...and it's not the team.

Best move ever would be if they could find a way to trade him to the Jets. Give up Carlos and a pick to get a pick back just to prove the point, if you run your mouth we will send you to the only place worse then here.

Disclaimer: I am aware the Bengals need every pick they can possible get and should not be giving away picks in a trade scenario and I am aware it wouldn't happen. It would just be a real bad-ass style of move that would show some real balls if the front office said, we literally gave up a pick to get your cancerous ass out of here and oh, you thought it sucked here??? Welcome to the Jets...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Best move ever would be if they could find a way to trade him to the Jets. Give up Carlos and a pick to get a pick back just to prove the point, if you run your mouth we will send you to the only place worse then here.

The 2020 Jets are worse than here, but if they go into 2021 with Trevor Lawrence and use his shine to bring in decent HC/GM/coordinators I wouldn't automatically bet they're the crappiest place to be.

But this is the biggest issue...being traded from a team shouldn't be a reward.  I know every NFL team can't be on the top of the world, but the fact that Mike Brown has been hesitant to reward players by getting them out of here for damn near 30 years is utterly damning.  

Bell and Brown wanted out of Pittsburgh and they're regarded as being mentally insane at worst and flat out stupid at best. Players want out of Cincy and it's just another day.
Reply/Quote