Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Showcases Bengals Tweets After Steelers Loss
Further adding fuel to the fire, ESPN, the NFL, and bleacher report all immediately posted a montage of all the Bengals who tweeted after the Steelers game.

https://www.facebook.com/ESPN/posts/1165445753502179

Nearly ALL of the comments on Twitter and Facebook are people BASHING not only the Bengals, but the city of Cincinnati. Words such as trash, thugs, disgrace, etc being used to describe the Bengals and Cincinnati AND the fans.

I'm 23 years old and I have been a fan as long as I can remember. I have never seen hatred for a team like I see for the Bengals right now. And the worst part about it, I think it's completely undeserved. I almost feel like Cincinnati is Stephen from Making a Murderer and Roger Goodell is the police department. It's unfair and just annoying how the media is trying to make Cincinnati out to be this awful place with dirty players.

Thoughts? Personally, I don't think the tweets are a big deal at all but of course people are gonna react and say they are classless and thugs for it.
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
Making us the villains makes if easier to screw us when needed.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:19 AM)drgonzo Wrote: Making us the villons makes if easier to screw us when needed.

They've tried this many times in the past. And it may have worked. But this, right now, feels like the worst perception the Bengals have ever had. 
Reply/Quote
Nobody cares if you screw the evil team

If that shit would've happened to a nice team this coverage would be much different
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:22 AM)Clep Wrote: They've tried this many times in the past. And it may have worked. But this, right now, feels like the worst perception the Bengals have ever had. 

Couldn't you have waited until I spelled villain correctly before quoting me? Come on man. 
Reply/Quote
The only one that bothers me is Kirkpatricks. Not sure what that picture is all about.

Reply/Quote
The rivalry was nasty enough before last Saturday. The hit on Gio/no call pushed it over the edge.

I was at the game and I've never seen anything like it in my life. Never seen that many people with that much focused rage at the same time. It honestly could have been a lot worse. Mob mentality is infectious and it certainly didn't dissipate. It intensified, if anything.

I don;t understand the league's stance on the hit. Maybe it was legal, maybe not. With all of the controversy surrounding head injuries and helmet-to-helmet hits, I think fans are conditioned to believe that the league banned them in any and all cases. That was certainly my understanding. Either way, that was the turning point. If that play gets flagged, then I don't think it gets anywhere near the level it's on now.

The league needs to be really careful with this shit. They want to promote the hatred and rivalry, but it's getting to the point where it's not a joke. Not only are the players at a greater risk when they're out there trying to maim each other, the fans are as well.

It was massively irresponsible of them to schedule that game late Saturday. Too much time to drink and nobody going to work the next day. People were over served before they entered the building. Just bad planning.

If the animosity continues, people will get hurt, guaranteed. There were lots of kids there, and it would be awful to see something happen to a young person in that environment. Entirely possible though.

The media league needs to stop pushing this narrative and find some way to cool it down before it gets worse. It's NOT a friendly rivalry. Hell if it gets much worse it'll be crips and bloods every time they play.
Reply/Quote
The media loves it. Like it or not there are a lot of Steeler fans out there. And their hurt right now. Not surprise the fans turned their ire back at the Bengals. It was only a couple players (who could have kept quiet), and at least not the Big Bad Burfict. That would have really set the media over the edge.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Is it like a crime to say the Steelers were equally responsible for how violent and mean that game turned out or is the media just gonna single us out until next season
Reply/Quote
Trying to make it look like we deserved the cheating that caused us that game. Makes it easier for the national audience to accept the screwing we received without questioning the authenticity of the whole thing.

The NFL's refs caused the whole thing and now after they purposely incite everybody into all that they are going to make sure everyone sees it. Sounds about right.
Reply/Quote
That was an illegal hit and they know it. They are trying to talk their way around it.

Burfict would have been called on that hit 100% of the time.

Would he not?

And everybody knows it.
Reply/Quote
By the way alot of the national media agrees with us. We are not alone on this , they are just beating the drum with the version of it that they are hoping will stick.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:47 AM)tigerseye Wrote: That was an illegal hit and they know it. They are trying to talk their way around it.

Burfict would have been called on that hit 100% of the time.

Would he not?

And everybody knows it.

At that point I think it was just a team things our most respected defenders Dunlap and Atkins could've made that same hit and got flagged IMO 

I truely feel the fix was in
Reply/Quote
I don't care that Steeler fans think we're mean thugs.
In fact, next time we play that illegitimate team, I want that to seem like an understatement.
There's still media perception about this team from years ago that they're all criminals. So we're not going to change the media template, might as well surprise them all & just own it and make them fear playing this team.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Fixed
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:57 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I don't care that Steeler fans think we're mean thugs.  
In fact, next time we play that illegitimate team, I want that to seem like an understatement.  
There's still media perception about this team from years ago that they're all criminals.  So we're not going to change the media template, might as well surprise them all & just own it and make them fear playing this team.

It's not only Steeler fans now. It's the majority of the NFL fan base. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:24 AM)Y drgonzo Wrote: Couldn't you have waited until I spelled villain correctly before quoting me? Come on man. 

Hahaha my bad lol
Reply/Quote
Ugh, this team needs to win something....anything. I don't mind if people don't like us, though.
Reply/Quote
We're the greasers their the socs. We don't fit the elite sports narrative like they do.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:17 AM)Clep Wrote: Further adding fuel to the fire, ESPN, the NFL, and bleacher report all immediately posted a montage of all the Bengals who tweeted after the Steelers game.

https://www.facebook.com/ESPN/posts/1165445753502179

Nearly ALL of the comments on Twitter and Facebook are people BASHING not only the Bengals, but the city of Cincinnati. Words such as trash, thugs, disgrace, etc being used to describe the Bengals and Cincinnati AND the fans.

I'm 23 years old and I have been a fan as long as I can remember. I have never seen hatred for a team like I see for the Bengals right now. And the worst part about it, I think it's completely undeserved. I almost feel like Cincinnati is Stephen from Making a Murderer and Roger Goodell is the police department. It's unfair and just annoying how the media is trying to make Cincinnati out to be this awful place with dirty players.

Thoughts? Personally, I don't think the tweets are a big deal at all but of course people are gonna react and say they are classless and thugs for it.

My thoughts are, anyone outside of Cincinnati that has a dumbass opinion on the team--basically all the bullshit i've seen since Saturday night--can go **** themselves with a raw turkey on the end of a kerosene-soaked flag pole. 

And that's putting it nicely. I couldn't give two shits what anyone thinks. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote