Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Stephen Smith on Bengals Coaching Search
(01-08-2019, 02:25 PM)Stewy Wrote: You are an absolute fool if you believe anything these media tools say affects Mike Brown.

Seriously.....I bet you believe pro wrestling is real too.

Pro Wrestling is real..really choreographed...

or as i used to say "Wresting is real but the world is fake"

Smith is like a wrestler though - he has a 'persona' and that is what he does to make money.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to defend Brown, but I wonder how many people on this board, given the chance to own an NFL team, would want to run it their way.....

I would go completely off the rails running it my way.

I'd be a cross between Jerry Jones, Al Davis, a touch of Mike Brown (his rolling around in money side) and be a recluse in the Howard Hughes mold.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
I would hire the right people and invest in the team brand - that brings in more corporate dollars and increases the value of the franchise overall.

Reply/Quote
Ok, just what I thought. Every one of you said "I would do this or that... either run it or hire the person you thought best suited to run it. But bottom line, you would make the decision and do it your way. So it's hard to legitimately criticize MB for running things as he sees fit. Sure, he may be old, outdated, and not very savvy, but he thinks he knows best, just like you guys do. He may make poor decisions, but no one who owns a team would give up the final word on things unless they were just disinterested in the first place.....
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 01:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, just what I thought. Every one of you said "I would do this or that... either run it or hire the person you thought best suited to run it. But bottom line, you would make the decision and do it your way. So it's hard to legitimately criticize MB for running things as he sees fit. Sure, he may be old, outdated, and not very savvy, but he thinks he knows best, just like you guys do. He may make poor decisions, but no one who owns a team would give up the final word on things unless they were just disinterested in the first place.....

Nice job of completely mis-reading posts. There is a BIG difference between managing the team to win and increase the franchise value versus the way the Tree Sloth runs it. Mikey runs it to maximize annual income, others would run it to maximize the franchise value. In addition, i specifically said I would hire the right people not assume 'my way is the right way'. 

Mikey is one of the worst owners in the league and the value of the franchise is proof of that. 

Reply/Quote
The worst part about Mike is his father is an NFL legend and was considered innovative.

Mike however is on the other end of the spectrum.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote