Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Thinks Evans Could Have Been A Day 2 Pick!
I can't figure out how to embed videos from ESPN, but, in the video on our page, one of the analysts thinks Evans could have been a pick on day 2 and the guy after him says that he agrees with his opinion!

He may not be Gio, but I think he can be a great change-of-pace back and a hell of a safety valve for Burrow to dump the ball off to!

I think this could be another steal by our coaching staff and give us another dimension because I think he's a better ball carrier than Gio and not too bad in the receiving department!

I'm LOVING this team's potential!
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 03:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I can't figure out how to embed videos from ESPN, but, in the video on our page, one of the analysts thinks Evans could have been a pick on day 2 and the guy after him says that he agrees with his opinion!

He may not be Gio, but I think he can be a great change-of-pace back and a hell of a safety valve for Burrow to dump the ball off to!

I think this could be another steal by our coaching staff and give us another dimension because I think he's a better ball carrier than Gio and not too bad in the receiving department!

Our OC just said mixon shouldnt come off the field... So this guy is likely inactive or STers this year.  but we will see
Reply/Quote
The Bengals killed day 3 of the draft, and when you look at it...McPherson will contribute immediately, while Sample and Shelvin will provide really nice depth and rotation possibilities, and they also have 3 other guys - Hill, Evans and and especially Smith - who could all easily fall into the 'day 3 gems' category as well. I like Hubert too, but he still needs quite a bit of technique/fundamentals work...and maybe an e-collar to keep him under control. LOL 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 03:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I can't figure out how to embed videos from ESPN, but, in the video on our page, one of the analysts thinks Evans could have been a pick on day 2 and the guy after him says that he agrees with his opinion!

You get too hyped for draft picks  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 03:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You get too hyped for draft picks  Ninja

How about 350 lbs of gut-powered man-beast!  Ninja

[Image: vbkCrGE.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 03:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: How about 350 lbs of gut-powered man-beast!  Ninja

350 lbs with 0 pass rush ability.
Hopefully he helps stuff the run though.

I really didn't like much of Day 3 picks at all, honestly.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 350 lbs with 0 pass rush ability.

Damn, I loved day 3. Thought they did extremely well.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 350 lbs with 0 pass rush ability.

Good grief, he's not supposedd to be a pass rusher. Like Peko (who many evidently couldn't understand his job) Shelvin's job will be to eat up space in the run lanes, take on the double team, and allow Ogunjobi or whoever is playing 3 t to rush the passer. If you didn't like day 3, I just can't understand that. They killed it on day 3.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 03:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: How about 350 lbs of gut-powered man-beast!  Ninja

Him vs the Actual Gut in Oklahoma drill    
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Damn, I loved day 3. Thought they did extremely well.

Me too. I see a lot of guys with high ceilings who could turn out very well. This draft top to bottom has potential to be one of the best ones in a long time. 
Reply/Quote
He had some nicely blocked holes to run through on a handful of those, but also showed some pretty nice instincts on a few of his cuts.
BUT that catch at 2:09 on the under thrown ball was pretty awesome! Dude definitely has very good hands and coordination.
Reply/Quote

This just makes me even sadder that Meinerz isn't a Bengal.

Can you imagine those two going head to head in line drills in camp.... that is just..... Pervert

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief, he's not supposedd to be a pass rusher. Like Peko (who many evidently couldn't understand his job) Shelvin's job will be to eat up space in the run lanes, take on the double team, and allow Ogunjobi or whoever is playing 3 t to rush the passer. If you didn't like day 3, I just can't understand that. They killed it on day 3.

I know his job isn't to rush the passer.
I felt a pass rushing DT was more of a need given the Bengals already had 3 NTs on the roster in Reader, Tupou, and Wren.
That's why I wasn't a big fan of the pick.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I heard we drafted Shelvin to return kicks!
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This just makes me even sadder that Meinerz isn't a Bengal.

Can you imagine those two going head to head in line drills in camp.... that is just..... Pervert

lol
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: I heard we drafted Shelvin to return kicks!

He'd be like Billy Bob in Varsity Blues.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Hendrickson - Reader - Shelvin - Ogunjobi - Hubbard... That would be tough base front for the Ravens, Squeelers, and Browns to run through...

I love how they attacked the defensive line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This guy could become a fan favorite, he has great vision, burst, has good hands while being good at picking up the blitz.

Traveon better be watching his back. Also like Evans stiff arm and his awareness of Defenders around him.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know his job isn't to rush the passer.
I felt a pass rushing DT was more of a need given the Bengals already had 3 NTs on the roster in Reader, Tupou, and Wren.
That's why I wasn't a big fan of the pick.

Though he has not played hardly at all, my understanding is the Wren is an uber-athletic 3T.
His athleticism/explosiveness grades when we drafted him were off the charts.

He has serious upside. I could see us keeping 6 DTs and 4 DEs. 

DE: Hendrickson, Hubbard; Ossai, C. Sample
NT: Reader, Shelvin, Tupou
DT: Ogunjobi, Daniels, Wren

Kareem is the only other DE that we should consider keeping on the 53 (Bledsoe, Akinmoladun). Hubert is a PS guy most likely. McKenzie was an emergency signing last year. Don't know much about Hodge or A. Williams.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 05:53 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Though he has not played hardly at all, my understanding is the Wren is an uber-athletic 3T.
His athleticism/explosiveness grades when we drafted him were off the charts.

He has serious upside. I could see us keeping 6 DTs and 4 DEs. 

DE: Hendrickson, Hubbard; Ossai, C. Sample
NT: Reader, Shelvin, Tupou
DT: Ogunjobi, Daniels, Wren

Kareem is the only other DE that we should consider keeping on the 53 (Bledsoe, Akinmoladun). Hubert is a PS guy most likely. McKenzie was an emergency signing last year. Don't know much about Hodge or A. Williams.

Sure would be cool if Wren started to come around. Haven't seen anything from him yet. Liked the pick at first.
Reply/Quote