Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Thinks Evans Could Have Been A Day 2 Pick!
Do we have the coaching staff and system/philosophy to get the day three guys to meet their potential?

Doubtful based upon track record so far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 12:55 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Do we have the coaching staff and system/philosophy to get the day three guys to meet their potential?

Doubtful based upon track record so far.

Davis-Gaither looked decent last year for a rookie.
Reply/Quote
We got really good value throughout the draft.

At least in terms of conventional knowledge.

Sometimes, huge draft steals turn out to just be a case where the player was overrated by the media and the NFL teams understood the players' value better.

Other times, huge draft steals are just that and teams had some reason to doubt when they should have bought in.

I like Evans as a 3rd down pack and back up option. I hope Mixon stays healthy this year and doesn't get spelled too often but when he does I think Perine and Evans are pretty good players to put it.

Gio would have been better, but you gotta cut cost where you can, I suppose...

Hopefully we use that money for something valuable, like a Bates extension or more OL depth.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 03:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I can't figure out how to embed videos from ESPN, but, in the video on our page, one of the analysts thinks Evans could have been a pick on day 2 and the guy after him says that he agrees with his opinion!

He may not be Gio, but I think he can be a great change-of-pace back and a hell of a safety valve for Burrow to dump the ball off to!

I think this could be another steal by our coaching staff and give us another dimension because I think he's a better ball carrier than Gio and not too bad in the receiving department!

I'm LOVING this team's potential!

I follow Michigan football and i like Evans but trust me.. anyone that projected 2nd to 3rd round for Evans was a total outlayer.. it was pretty  much a strong prediction that he would go in 5/6 round before the draft and yep he went in 6th round
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 06:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I still stand by that, too. I don't think Anarumo can put together a successful defense regardless of what talent you draft him and FA money you spend for him. When he finally gets fired and the Bengals hopefully hire a real DC, he is going to have to get rid of some of Lou's guys anyway to better implement his scheme.

You know what is a worse thing in the world in your eyes, or should be?
[Image: Joe-Burrow-injury-Bengals.jpg?quality=90...all&w=1024]

Yet in FA they added 2 DL and 1 OL and with their first half of the draft they took 3 DL and 1 OL. Blech.

We will see how it works out. I really like Reiff, Carman, D'Ante, Trey Hill etc.

We needed a pass rush and to replace the nothing Geno brought us last year.

Hendrickson and Ogunjobi were very good additions IMO.

That pic makes us all cringe, need to protect the man but even Palmer got hurt when we had a very good OL.

Shit happens brother.
Reply/Quote