Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eagles game plan
[Image: giphy.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Geno and Daniels are still on the DNP list.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Today the Eagles placed their #1 draft pick Jalen Reagor on IR with an thumb injury. So, their WR corp just got a little worse.

Alshon Jeffery has yet to practice since sustaining a Lisfranc injury in his right foot last Dec. 9 that eventually required surgery. Both DeSean Jackson and rookie Jalen Reagor seemed to be a non-participants as well, leaving just Greg Ward, J.J. Arcega-Whiteside and John Hightower as the available wide receivers to kick off Week 3 prep.

Maybe we can win just due to them not having enough healthy bodies. If they have all 3rd string WRs and you can't stack the box to stop the run, that is just a failure.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 05:18 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Most of those TDs came under Marvin. 7 versus 3.

Ok, but he didn't really have a decent season with any big games until Zach.  I hear what you are saying, though.  
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 04:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Those are some bad drops.  All 5 of them.  Many were played more than once.  One of those balls bounced before it got to Ross, but that doesn't fit the narrative.  So, 4 bad drops, in two seasons (because he didn't play year 1).  And he had another one week 1.  The guy needs to be targeted on SCREENS and let him use his elusiveness in the open field.  Have you ever realized what happens when he DOES catch the ball?  A TD every 5 receptions.  In both college and pro.  

The guy drives me crazy, too, but not using him is dumber than not running the ball (and that is fricking stupid as hell).  

All of his drops are not on that tape.
Reply/Quote
Reagor to miss this game (and likely more) due to UCL tear in thumb, per reports.
https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-receiver-jalen-reagor-suffers-ucl-tear-in-thumb

This helps the Bengals, as that's a weapon down.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 11:22 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Reagor to miss this game (and likely more) due to UCL tear in thumb, per reports.
https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-receiver-jalen-reagor-suffers-ucl-tear-in-thumb

This helps the Bengals, as that's a weapon down.

Oh crap, first time I read that I thought it said Reader... Cry
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 06:11 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Today the Eagles placed their #1 draft pick Jalen Reagor on IR with an thumb injury. So, their WR corp just got a little worse.

Alshon Jeffery has yet to practice since sustaining a Lisfranc injury in his right foot last Dec. 9 that eventually required surgery. Both DeSean Jackson and rookie Jalen Reagor seemed to be a non-participants as well, leaving just Greg Ward, J.J. Arcega-Whiteside and John Hightower as the available wide receivers to kick off Week 3 prep.

Maybe we can win just due to them not having enough healthy bodies. If they have all 3rd string WRs and you can't stack the box to stop the run, that is just a failure.

We better win with all of this going against them...

They do have home field advantage though which is why I picked the Eagles to win.

Also picked them to win just to see if I am the curse around here. Everytime I pick us to win we lose pretty much and Taylor
needs to start winning some games before I can pick us anymore. WTS, we have won 2 games in 18 under Taylor, not saying
we have not been competitive but it always seems if the D plays well, the O sucks and the other way around.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 08:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ok, but he didn't really have a decent season with any big games until Zach.  I hear what you are saying, though.  

Well he has only had one big game. The yards he had against SF last year mostly came after the Bengals were down by 40 points.

There is a saying that if you can do something once, then you can do it again. That probably holds true for Ross as well, but it's kind of up to him to go do it again. It believe the only person in his way is himself.

I'd love nothing more than for him to go out there make big plays and help the team get over the hump. But given his history should the team build a game plan around him?

I think it's more likely that they'll take some select shots against certain defensive alignments based on down and distance. If it's third and 10 or fourth and 5, then I'd expect the receivers with the most reliable hands will be targeted, as we saw Boyd, Sample and Uzomah get those targets last week. With Uzomah done for the year now, I'm hoping that Tate can fill that role behind Sample.

I really wish the OL didn't suck so bad because that distorts the whole offense.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 02:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well he has only had one big game. The yards he had against SF last year mostly came after the Bengals were down by 40 points.

There is a saying that if you can do something once, then you can do it again. That probably holds true for Ross as well, but it's kind of up to him to go do it again. It believe the only person in his way is himself.

I'd love nothing more than for him to go out there make big plays and help the team get over the hump. But given his history should the team build a game plan around him?

I think it's more likely that they'll take some select shots against certain defensive alignments based on down and distance. If it's third and 10 or fourth and 5, then I'd expect the receivers with the most reliable hands will be targeted, as we saw Boyd, Sample and Uzomah get those targets last week. With Uzomah done for the year now, I'm hoping that Tate can fill that role behind Sample.

I really wish the OL didn't suck so bad because that distorts the whole offense.

I am actually starting to agree with you on Ross Chris. Getting a bit tired of him not being able to catch the damn ball.

Still should use him much more on Screens though as SHRacer says.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 12:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I keep hoping that they'll actually run the ball - effectively. But so far they've just not bothered to block well. If the Bengals can start run blocking, everything will change for the offense.

My feeling about John Ross are summed up in this video. We could throw to him, but the boy is going to need to catch the damn thing.

Bench Ross, play Tate the entire game, I guarantee a WIN. Yes, I guarantee it a la Chad Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 04:40 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Bench Ross, play Tate the entire game, I guarantee a WIN. Yes, I guarantee it a la Chad Johnson.

More like play Mike Thomas the entire game if you are going to replace Ross. Mike Thomas has actually played well and is quick.
Reply/Quote
Crossing my fingers for some big plays from the Offense and 3 or more sacks from Defense.. lets finally make some plays over 20 yards and get after the QB
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: More like play Mike Thomas the entire game if you are going to replace Ross. Mike Thomas has actually played well and is quick.

For some reason I keep forgetting about Mike Thomas.

I think I discounted him from the start because he was such an inexpensive signing.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 06:58 PM)BengalChris Wrote: For some reason I keep forgetting about Mike Thomas.

I think I discounted him from the start because he was such an inexpensive signing.

Understandable, but all he has done is been impressive so far. He is quick with good hands and Burrow already trusts him.

And he is a good ST'er, great, underrated pickup.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 07:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Understandable, but all he has done is been impressive so far. He is quick with good hands and Burrow already trusts him.

And he is a good ST'er, great, underrated pickup.

Yeah, and I'd have thought that I'd have paid attention, but I just seem to have discounted him thoroughly.

BTW, I wont' mind if the team ran Ross on some screens or sweeps or end arounds and such. I just don't think it will make any difference.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 06:11 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Today the Eagles placed their #1 draft pick Jalen Reagor on IR with an thumb injury. So, their WR corp just got a little worse.

Good news and bad news. Jeffery did practice today for the bad news. The good news, Fletcher Cox has not practiced this week due to abdomen injury. Fred Johnson’s day will be much easier if Cox is out.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 07:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, and I'd have thought that I'd have paid attention, but I just seem to have discounted him thoroughly.

BTW, I wont' mind if the team ran Ross on some screens or sweeps or end arounds and such. I just don't think it will make any difference.

Mike Thomas is an easy name to forget if he is not the other Michael Thomas of course which he is not, nice Slot WR and 
has already caught a TD from Burrow. Think Boyd, Higgins and Mike might be the future.

Could be right on Ross, he might just drop the screen just the same as the long balls. Just cannot defend Ross anymore.

Maybe he will finally start playing good now that I am no longer his torch bearer lol

(09-24-2020, 07:10 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Good news and bad news. Jeffery did practice today for the bad news. The good news, Fletcher Cox has not practiced this week due to abdomen injury. Fred Johnson’s day will be much easier if Cox is out.

Very good news Cox is out. ThumbsUp

We don't have XSF to abuse him right now...
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 07:10 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Good news and bad news. Jeffery did practice today for the bad news. The good news, Fletcher Cox has not practiced this week due to abdomen injury. Fred Johnson’s day will be much easier if Cox is out.

Can't see Jeffery playing this week. This was his first practice of 2020 and he only did a few light drills.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 07:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Can't see Jeffery playing this week. This was his first practice of 2020 and he only did a few light drills.

I could see them using him for important packages like red zone or 3rd and long. Keep him on a limited snap count. They desperately need any help they can get at the WR position.
Reply/Quote