Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Early winners and losers at Training camp
(08-02-2022, 10:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Good to hear Carman, Hurst, and CTB are doing well.
I'm surprised Dax Hill wasn't mentioned, as there's been some buzz around him this TC too.

If the Bengals have Carman playing up to his potential, the big FA acquisitions in Karras, Cappa, Collins, and Hurst live up to at least expectations, and see CTB and Dax Hill play well as rookies, this will be a very good year (again).

It said that Dax had looked impressive so far and that he may be proving the team right in the Bates decision. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 04:40 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It said that Dax had looked impressive so far and that he may be proving the team right in the Bates decision. 

Fair, it's mentioned in the blurb about Loser: Jessie Bates.
I meant that Hill wasn't listed specifically as one of the winners.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 04:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fair, it's mentioned in the blurb about Loser: Jessie Bates.
I meant that Hill wasn't listed specifically as one of the winners.

my mistake

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 03:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don;t think we can say that really, what do we have to go off of ?  their 40 times out of college had Hurst slightly faster and both have had injuries ... i don;t think he has a major speed upgrade... he should be a biit better in passing game, but lacks in blocking and leadership role compared to CJ

Just going by film I see. Hurst looks way faster than CJ. Maybe it's an illusion.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 04:50 PM)Synric Wrote:

Nice

I don't think anybody is saying Hurst is Tony Gonzalez 2.0 but he may well be better than what his stats are. We'll see
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 04:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just going by film I see. Hurst looks way faster than CJ. Maybe it's an illusion.

Sometimes Tall guys look slower cause they dont have to take as many steps to get to the same location
Reply/Quote
Careful. We have to be respectful of all posters and Hayden may be showing too much skin for some~

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 04:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Sometimes Tall guys look slower cause they dont have to take as many steps to get to the same location

Yep

We had a tall guy like 6'4" on our softball team years ago. And to watch him run (natural long strider) you'd think he was the slowest guy on the team.

He was damn near the fastest.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 10:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW Bates does not need training camp to play well.  

Absolutely, he was at training camp last year and played awful. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 02:12 PM)Whatever Wrote: Damion Willis iirc.

That's him, and he had me fooled as well.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 05:25 PM)jj22 Wrote:

UGH... BA has to go...
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 05:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: UGH... BA has to go...

BA is sharpening the Defense up at this point. Offense won't get legit work until Burrow gets back it seems.

Reply/Quote

The offense has had some moments of their own

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 10:18 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If Hurst is making a good impression with QBs not named Burrow slinging him the ball, then it might get even better once Burrow is back.

Joe and Hayden worked out in Florida together a week or so before training camp so they do have some time working on a connection and timing

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 04:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nice

I don't think anybody is saying Hurst is Tony Gonzalez 2.0 but he may well be better than what his stats are. We'll see

he is. He only had 1 year where he was the starting TE. 

Two top 5 tight ends surpassed him on his previous teams. You're not gonna put up much stats like that unless you're in a 2 tight end system like what Belichek runs
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 05:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: UGH... BA has to go...

Yep I don't get why they like him so much ?
Reply/Quote
someone we haven't talked a lot about

Reply/Quote