Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Early winners and losers at Training camp

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 06:53 PM)pally Wrote: someone we haven't talked a lot about

He's one of those picks kinda borderlineish. He may be a real diamond in the rough. And he could flame out bad and quick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 08:01 PM)pally Wrote:

Nice and to me we need Jonah to take that next step this season. He's been good now we need him to be very good.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 08:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote:  He's been good now we need him to be very good.

he was very good in 2021

not everyone can be Whitworth
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 08:01 PM)pally Wrote:

Hope that Jonah takes another big step this year and makes his way to the next level. He was OK last year, but inconsistent. 
Reply/Quote

Backup 3T  is a key position to watch this training camp/Pre Season. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fans don't know much. They must just remember Hurst as a first round pick 

Based on the contracts each one got it is pretty clear what the experts that work for NFL teams think. They don't really care where a player was drafted.

Listening to former GM on Sirius they overpayed CJ based off intangibles. They want him to come in their and be a veteran leader type of thing
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 10:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We don't need another TE.  Hurst will be good enough.  The TE is not really a crucial position for our offense.

As a strategy, I'd highlight Hurst in the first few games to get defenses to think about him more which should open up the WRs and Mixon out of the backfield.  Likely defenses won't game plan around Hurst, but getting them to think about it...
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 10:45 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Listening to former GM on Sirius they overpayed CJ based off intangibles. They want him to come in their and be a veteran leader type of thing

I mean, it's the Jets.  Overpaying free agents is what they do.  
Reply/Quote
CJ just kills me. He complained about how bad it was to play on a losing team, finally makes it to the Super Bowl and would have a good chance to go back again and win it, and instead he goes to NY Jets. I get the money thing, but to complain about losing, then putting yourself right back in the basement.... Cry
Reply/Quote

According to the Mother Board, the only lineman able to handle Carter at camp has been Carman. I guess that can be taken two or three ways.....
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 09:31 PM)J24 Wrote: Backup 3T  is a key position to watch this training camp/Pre Season. 

If Hill continues to grow and Zach is like he was last year, the loss of Ogenjobi will not hurt quite so bad.  Ossai coming back too.  I am very optimistic.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 10:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It sounds like ADG has made some nice plays, too. Including a pick 6.

always been a fan of ADG, he imptesses me when on field more often then not and he can cover backs and TEs if needed.
I think he is primed for a  big yr if he stays healthy. ..... And lets not forget about Bailey....he has some skills too
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 08:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He's one of those picks kinda borderlineish. He may be a real diamond in the rough. And he could flame out bad and quick.

Absolutely.

He's my favourite pick of the draft due to SEC, being a good size for our scheme and position and the fact that his tape looked great.

Indeed happy he is looking good.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 03:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don;t think we can say that really, what do we have to go off of ?  their 40 times out of college had Hurst slightly faster and both have had injuries ... i don;t think he has a major speed upgrade... he should be a biit better in passing game, but lacks in blocking and leadership role compared to CJ

Hurst should be as good or maybe even slightly even better than CJ. Bur if our top 3 WRs are healthy it would hurt the offense to take targets away from them for Hurst. They are all better weapons than him.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 10:14 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/cincinnati-bengals-training-camp-early-winners-losers-2

I know, I know it's TC hype. We've had our share of that back through the years. But I'm hoping and praying the Carman reports aren't just hype.

Also really glad Hurst is making an impression. And CTB may well displace Apple before this season is over it seems ?

Well...they just put the pads on. Anything until that point is irrelevant I'd say.

You hear stories every year about guys being impressive without pads. Then, they put pads on and you quit hearing it.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 11:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hurst should be as good or maybe even slightly even better than CJ. Bur if our top 3 WRs are healthy it would hurt the offense to take targets away from them for Hurst. They are all better weapons than him.

CJ got his chances last season, and I expect Hurst to get about the same amount.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 12:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: CJ got his chances last season, and I expect Hurst to get about the same amount.

Agree

You have to keep the opposing D on it's toes by spreading the ball around some.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 11:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hurst should be as good or maybe even slightly even better than CJ. Bur if our top 3 WRs are healthy it would hurt the offense to take targets away from them for Hurst. They are all better weapons than him.

If the Bengals run more of the Air-Raid like they did at the end of the 2021 season Hurst would end up with more targets on the season as a whole than Uzomah. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 01:20 PM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals run more of the Air-Raid like they did at the end of the 2021 season Hurst would end up with more targets on the season as a whole than Uzomah. 

Every time I hear that term used, I think of Dazed and Confused when the cheerleaders yell AIR RAID! and the freshmen lay on the pavement lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote