Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Early winners and losers at Training camp
(08-02-2022, 06:53 PM)pally Wrote: someone we haven't talked a lot about

I like both Hill and Taylor-Britt a lot, but Carter actually has a shot at playing more snaps than either of them as a rookie just because of our need at 3T.
Reply/Quote
It's still crazy how the AFCN scooped up all my top 3t's and tackles. Carter wasn't a top choice of mine, but I hope he a steal. It'll be interesting to follow his career in comparison to some of the other players we passed up on that may have been higher on our wish in the division.

He does come from an aggressive D and D coordinator with NFL experience.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 10:14 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/cincinnati-bengals-training-camp-early-winners-losers-2

I know, I know it's TC hype. We've had our share of that back through the years. But I'm hoping and praying the Carman reports aren't just hype.

Also really glad Hurst is making an impression. And CTB may well displace Apple before this season is over it seems ?

Awesome, so great to hear Carman impressing, this is what I wanted to hear and I wanted to hear Zach Carter impressing which 
honestly is my only question on the team right now besides depth. Backup 3-tech plays a lot of snaps. No surprise to me that CTB
and Hurst are playing great for us. I could definitely see CTB starting over Apple if Apple gets inconsistent again.

Apple is good depth behind CTB though. ThumbsUp

Really think Hayden Hurst can help us in the Red Zone where we were disappointing on Offense last season. Need to score TD's
once we get there. I think this is the perfect place for Hurst to take his career to the next level and really show why he was a 1st 
round pick.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 02:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome, so great to hear Carman impressing, this is what I wanted to hear and I wanted to hear Zach Carter impressing which 
honestly is my only question on the team right now besides depth. Backup 3-tech plays a lot of snaps. No surprise to me that CTB
and Hurst are playing great for us. I could definitely see CTB starting over Apple if Apple gets inconsistent again.

Apple is good depth behind CTB though. ThumbsUp

Why do you dislike Eli Apple?

CTB has to outplay a decent cb 2 as a rookie

Eli Apple was one of the better man to man corners in the league last year

And you want Eli behind a rookie who has proven nothing because?
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Allan George is getting first team reps UDFA out of Vanderbilt and Cam Taylor-Britt is in second team with Eli Apple sitting out.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The crowd at camp doesn't know the head referee is Ron Torbert...the man who can't recognize a glaring false start nor defensive pass interference

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 04:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Allan George is getting first team reps UDFA out of Vanderbilt and Cam Taylor-Britt is in second team with Eli Apple sitting out.

CTB had a rough Tuesday.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 06:53 PM)pally Wrote: someone we haven't talked a lot about

This is what I wanted to see, also heard the only interior O-lineman Carter hasn't been beating is Jackson Carman which is great.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 04:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Why do you dislike Eli Apple?

CTB has to outplay a decent cb 2 as a rookie

Eli Apple was one of the better man to man corners in the league last year

And you want Eli behind a rookie who has proven nothing because?

I don't dislike Elie Apple at all. I just see him being inconsistent at times.

Nothing against Apple at all, I just really like CTB even as a rookie.

Also I am not saying that CTB starts over Apple early, I just think that IF Apple struggles at some point in the season and CTB is
practicing great I could see Apple losing his spot to him. I like Eli Apple, he is really talented just inconsistent. Has been his entire 
career and was last season in his best season.
Reply/Quote
Looks like the defense ruled the day. But I loved the quotes. Dax Hill all over the place guarding Hurst, slot receiver, playing deep. The scheme was mentioned several
times. I think the defense will be much better or even better than the playoffs
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 04:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Allan George is getting first team reps UDFA out of Vanderbilt and Cam Taylor-Britt is in second team with Eli Apple sitting out.

This could be something to watch as camp continues.  It could also just be the staff sending CTB a message.  
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 10:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Looks like the defense ruled the day. But I loved the quotes. Dax Hill all over the place guarding Hurst, slot receiver, playing deep. The scheme was mentioned several
times. I think the defense will be much better or even better than the playoffs

Honestly we will see where we are at Defensively once Burrow is back cause Allen isn't good but even when LSU had a good 
Defense the year they won the entire thing Burrow was torching that Defense according to Patrick Queen and company.

We will be better than last regular season, I would bet on this and just hope the Postseason leaks into this one.

Stop the run, get after the passer, cover and tackle well. Dax Hill definitely helps in a couple of these aspects.

(08-04-2022, 11:00 PM)Whatever Wrote: This could be something to watch as camp continues.  It could also just be the staff sending CTB a message.  

It is good for him, I like it.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 11:56 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: boy,  to think just 2 yrs ago our LB group was abysmal.   Josh Bynes being the best of it.    The Bengals haven't had a deep and capable LB crew since Spikes Foley and Simmons.
Even the backups played at least average to above avg.   Baily, Bachie are better than I EVER though they would be.  Heck even a nobody like Clay Johnston played large in the Tennessee playoff game.   It is a genuine strength of the Bengals D unit.

Don't forget ADG!  That guy, with Bailey, provide depth that wouldn't be a tremendous dropoff from Wilson and Pratt.  Hope Bachie comes back strong from injury.  
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 04:18 PM)jj22 Wrote:

This is going to sound like a jerk, but could Allen float the ball much weaker and later?  
Reply/Quote

What a cut by Evans.

Reply/Quote

(08-04-2022, 04:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: CTB had a rough Tuesday.

So Cam is now both a "winner" and a "loser"?

Like everyone else I am thrilled that we are actually talking about players performing on the field, but I hope everyone is keeping a large supply of "grains of salt" handy.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 10:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
What a cut by Evans.

Jalen Davis looking lost.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 10:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
What a cut by Evans.

Nice sealing the edge by the WR's, think that is Trent Taylor and Stanley Morgan...
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is going to sound like a jerk, but could Allen float the ball much weaker and later?  

I don't know, but old girl in the black shorts and orange top with the long brown hair has been out there several days now. Must have snagged one of those intern trainer gigs because she looks young. Good for her.
Reply/Quote