Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Early winners and losers at Training camp
(08-07-2022, 06:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think Hurst will be better stretching the defense and better in the long game. C J I’m sure not gonna dismiss his ability or locker room value so I don’t think we are necessarily better just more explosive.

Maybe but last year CJ dominated with 33% receptions going for 20 yds or more,  Hurst was at 10% , in the end neither is a top te so production will be avg at best, will be interesting to see how Hurst handles pressure of being a starter since he has been a backup his career 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 07:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Maybe but last year CJ dominated with 33% receptions going for 20 yds or more,  Hurst was at 10% , in the end neither is a top te so production will be avg at best, will be interesting to see how Hurst handles pressure of being a starter since he has been a backup his career 

thats because he was playing in a great offense

That has nothing to do with talent and ability. Hurst is better
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 07:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Maybe but last year CJ dominated with 33% receptions going for 20 yds or more,  Hurst was at 10% , in the end neither is a top te so production will be avg at best, will be interesting to see how Hurst handles pressure of being a starter since he has been a backup his career 

In 2020 at Atlanta he started the whole year and was targeted 88 times.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Hurst career best season (571 yds 6 TD’s) > Uzomah’s best (493 yds 5 TD’s).

And CJ had a way better QB. Draft stock isn’t everything, but there’s a reason Hurst was a 1st rounder, and Uzomah was a 5th.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 08:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: In 2020 at Atlanta he started the whole year and was targeted 88 times.

only 4 drops. O-line was bad so Matt Ryan was rushing and a bit erratic
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 08:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hurst career best season (571 yds 6 TD’s) > Uzomah’s best (493 yds 5 TD’s).

And CJ had a way better QB. Draft stock isn’t everything, but there’s a reason Hurst was a 1st rounder, and Uzomah was a 5th.

Matt Ryan is prob going to the hall of fame depending on how well he ends his career for the colts

WTS, yes Burrow is currently better than Ryan. But Ryan still has that top 12 ability when the o-line in front of him isnt doggy doo
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 07:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hurst is better

The NFL disagrees.

Hurst...........1 yr, $3.5 million
Uzomah.......3 yr, $24 million

Honestly I see them as about equal.  So I think we got a steal with Hayden.  

I always liked CJ.  But with his injury history there is no way I would have given him that deal at his age (29).
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The NFL disagrees.

Hurst...........1 yr, $3.5 million
Uzomah.......3 yr, $24 million

Honestly I see them as about equal.  So I think we got a steal with Hayden.  

I always liked CJ.  But with his injury history there is no way I would have given him that deal at his age (29).

the jets disagree

because they are the jets
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 08:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Matt Ryan is prob going to the hall of fame depending on how well he ends his career for the colts

WTS, yes Burrow is currently better than Ryan. But Ryan still has that top 12 ability when the o-line in front of him isnt doggy doo

Matt Ryan is 37 years old, and was acquired for a 3rd round pick. His HoF credentials are irrelevant. CJ had far better QB play when he put up his best season - like I said…

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 08:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Matt Ryan is 37 years old, and was acquired for a 3rd round pick. His HoF credentials are irrelevant. CJ had far better QB play when he put up his best season - like I said…

CJ def had way better qb play. I wont call Joey B WAY better than Ryan just yet. I'll wait to see how this season pans out. But Joe is certainly better, wont deny it 
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 01:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is spooky, Halloweenish if our OL can stay healthy.Twitch

So, the way our Defense did this year then...

I don't see Joe panicking like Patrick did when we did this to him though.

Nope because Joe doesn’t have an internal clock that makes him run a count before he actually needs to. I love Mahommes but he ruins plays by twisting and turning too quickly which makes his lineman work harder
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 12:33 PM)Housh Wrote: Nope because Joe doesn’t have an internal clock that makes him run a count before he actually needs to. I love Mahommes but he ruins plays by twisting and turning too quickly which makes his lineman work harder

I get your point, but I don't know if "ruins" is the right word to use here. He has the highest career passer rating in NFL history, an MVP, a SB with a SB MVP and has never missed a conference championship game. He also has a notably lower sack % than Tom Brady does, who is known for playing behind great lines and being masterful at evading pressure despite athletic limitations. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 03:42 PM)Synric Wrote:

That's cool, love Zim. Cool

(08-07-2022, 05:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No real difference between CJ and Hayden, CJ actually has graded better than Hurst in their career at least from PFf..the biggest impact of a better oline will be Mixon,our RB will benefit even more

You clearly haven't watched Hurst play.

Nothing against Uzo but Hurst is the much crisper route runner and is just plain faster on the field.

Huge difference in both these TE's. Uzo is a better blocker and is stronger and harder to tackle but Hurst gives us something
in the passing game we haven't had since 2015 before Eifert got hurt.

(08-07-2022, 06:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think Hurst will be better stretching the defense and better in the long game. C J I’m sure not gonna dismiss his ability or locker room value so I don’t think we are necessarily better just more explosive.

For sure, you can see it even in the Training Camp vids. Hurst is a big, fast TE with good hands and runs crisper routes and yes...

Much more explosive.
Reply/Quote
So we found the anonymous NFL DC that said Pat resorts to “street ball” too much when the play breaks down. :lol:

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 12:33 PM)Housh Wrote: Nope because Joe doesn’t have an internal clock that makes him run a count before he actually needs to. I love Mahommes but he ruins plays by twisting and turning too quickly which makes his lineman work harder

Keep him in the pocket, that is the key to frustrating Mahomes as he is probably the best passer on the run ever.

Joe can pass good on the run too though, but nobody has Mahomes talent I have ever seen.

Yes his one weakness is probably when coverage is good he panics if no one is open and if you get any pressure with 
your front 3 it can be bad news for that Offense as we saw with the way we played him in both 2nd halves.

(08-08-2022, 01:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I get your point, but I don't know if "ruins" is the right word to use here. He has the highest career passer rating in NFL history, an MVP, a SB with a SB MVP and has never missed a conference championship game. He also has a notably lower sack % than Tom Brady does, who is known for playing behind great lines and being masterful at evading pressure despite athletic limitations. 

Dude is great no question. There is a way to beat him though as noted.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 07:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: thats because he was playing in a great offense

That has nothing to do with talent and ability. Hurst is better

Possible but 1/3 is pretty impressive and res he could be better but u can't say that by his career. only opinion backs up he is better but again neither are top tier so most likely mimimum difference especially factoring in other attributes like blocking and leadership..
Reply/Quote
CJ’s rah-rah stuff was fun, but this team won’t be lacking for leadership. Especially on offense. We already had Burrow and Mixon, but Karras also sounds like a big time leader from what I’ve heard.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 01:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Possible but 1/3 is pretty impressive and  res he could be better but u can't say that by his career. only opinion backs up he is better but again neither are top tier so most likely mimimum difference especially factoring in other attributes like blocking and leadership..

I have said it before and will say it again. I bet Hurst has his best season this year and I also bet Uzo doesn't have as good 
of a season with the Jets as he did last year with us. This Offense with the Joe's and a decent OL in front of them with these
weapons will have so many options and Hurst is finally the #1 TE and if he gets open which is a strength of his Burrow will 
find him.

We needed Red Zone help and I believe Hurst could be that for us.
Reply/Quote
I expect the difference between Hayden Hurst and CJ Uzomah as a receiver to be minimal. The difference will come as a blocker where CJ was solid and Hurst struggled in Atlanta.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote