Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Early winners and losers at Training camp

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 05:02 PM)pally Wrote:

Would like to see that. Can't wait to see them all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 04:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Allan George is getting first team reps UDFA out of Vanderbilt and Cam Taylor-Britt is in second team with Eli Apple sitting out.

I been pimping Allan since May:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-UDFA-thread?pid=1214244#pid1214244
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 05:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I been pimping Allan since May:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-UDFA-thread?pid=1214244#pid1214244

Yes you have, must be more than just high character if he is getting first team reps. Must be a good player in his own right.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 05:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes you have, must be more than just high character if he is getting first team reps. Must be a good player in his own right.

Diamond in the rough ?
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 11:09 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Improvise, overcome, and adapt Fred. The offense may well change a bit.

It’s not gonna change into a TE centered offense no matter what. I think Fred is pretty safe with that bet. Too much money in the WR position and we’d only consider it if we had 2 really really good TEs
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 11:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I love that our young guys are stepping up and making plays!

Like I said, I love the competition and that they're making each other better and that they're all fighting to earn their spot!
Reply/Quote
That was a couple real nice pass breakups from CTB alright. Really like this guy. Cool
Reply/Quote
Showing off why I wanted him a Bengal. Noice
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 10:49 PM)EatonFan Wrote: As a strategy, I'd highlight Hurst in the first few games to get defenses to think about him more which should open up the WRs and Mixon out of the backfield.  Likely defenses won't game plan around Hurst, but getting them to think about it...

The strategy will be to have Joe attack the weakness on the other team, and avoid forcing it to anyone.  Sure, they will design plays to get Chase the ball out of the backfield and slot because he can house it any time he touches it, but I believe the fourth best DB will be destroyed by Burrow with a number of different weapons.  Joe is SO good at finding the open man.  
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hurst may get more targets because we may not need the TE to block as much.

Also Hurst will probably have more yards and  receptions due to "inflation" when our passing game produces more completions and yards.

But switching Hurst for CJ will have zero effect on the way opposing defenses play against us. And we are not going to change our offense to get more targets for Hurst over any of our top 3 WEs.

We need to be careful.  Didn't Brady get a suspension for that?  We can't afford to be without Joe.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
Hurst - I actually think he can be the missing piece for us to being as close to unstoppable as it gets (assuming the O-Line is “decent”).

How exactly does ANY team shut down Chase, Tee, Boyd …. and a TE who can get open and has great hands - now that JB has time?

Frightening.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 11:06 AM)Whacked Wrote: Hurst - I actually think he can be the missing piece for us to being as close to unstoppable as it gets (assuming the O-Line is “decent”).

How exactly does ANY team shut down Chase, Tee, Boyd …. and a TE who can get open and has great hands - now that JB has time?

Frightening.

They’d have to guard us how everyone guards the Chiefs. Rush 3 or 4 and play contain deep. Give up nothing deep, play heavy zone and never blitz.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 11:06 AM)Whacked Wrote: Hurst - I actually think he can be the missing piece for us to being as close to unstoppable as it gets (assuming the O-Line is “decent”).

Frightening.

It is spooky, Halloweenish if our OL can stay healthy.Twitch

(08-07-2022, 12:19 PM)Housh Wrote: They’d  have to guard us how everyone guards the Chiefs. Rush 3 or 4 and play contain deep. Give up nothing deep, play heavy zone and never blitz.

So, the way our Defense did this year then...

I don't see Joe panicking like Patrick did when we did this to him though.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 12:19 PM)Housh Wrote: They’d have to guard us how everyone guards the Chiefs. Rush 3 or 4 and play contain deep. Give up nothing deep, play heavy zone and never blitz.

And that’s frustrating for a defense and coordinator
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Has there been anything on Nick Eubanks? I remember being a fan when he was coming out of TSUN
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Frightening.

No real difference between CJ and Hayden, CJ actually has graded better than Hurst in their career at least from PFf..the biggest impact of a better oline will be Mixon,our RB will benefit even more
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 05:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No real difference between CJ and Hayden, CJ actually has graded better than Hurst in their career at least from PFf..the biggest impact of a better oline will be Mixon,our RB will benefit even more

I think Hurst will be better stretching the defense and better in the long game. C J I’m sure not gonna dismiss his ability or locker room value so I don’t think we are necessarily better just more explosive.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote