Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edited: Green will play this week, or maybe not, now ruled out
I bet AJ would be practicing and playing this week if he were on another team.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Speaking Thursday, A.J. Green said his ankle is swollen and that he expects to miss Week 10.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 03:35 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Speaking Thursday, A.J. Green said his ankle is swollen and that he expects to miss Week 10.

Which means he would have never passed a physical in a trade so we can all move past not trading him at the deadline. 
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 03:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Which means he would have never passed a physical in a trade so we can all move past not trading him at the deadline. 

I don't agree with that. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 03:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Which means he would have never passed a physical in a trade so we can all move past not trading him at the deadline. 

Would it though? From the way it was described, he was working out and then it swelled up.
I have no idea how much activity goes into passing a physical for NFL, but depending on the amount of activity, it could have not swollen and he could have passed, no?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 03:39 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don't agree with that. 

Doesn't matter if you agree with it, if his ankle swells on light exercise he wouldn't have passed a physical. The reason the physical during a trade is important is because the new team inherits all liability for potential injury settlements once they pass them. Teams have failed guys on physicals for much less. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 03:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would it though? From the way it was described, he was working out and then it swelled up.
I have no idea how much activity goes into passing a physical for NFL, but depending on the amount of activity, it could have not swollen and he could have passed, no?

It's possible he could have passed it.

Lots of unknowns with this injury. I doubt teams offered us a kings ransom though for an injured 31 year old WR.

AJ is unfortunately turning into Tyler Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 03:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would it though? From the way it was described, he was working out and then it swelled up.

They said it swelled up after a walk through. A walk through is just that, maybe a slight jog, but relatively low impact. It could be he re injured it in the preceding days, however any team doing a physical on him would see his medical records and would know how he has handled workouts and what the resulting fallout was after said workouts. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 03:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Doesn't matter if you agree with it, if his ankle swells on light exercise he wouldn't have passed a physical. The reason the physical during a trade is important is because the new team inherits all liability for potential injury settlements once they pass them. Teams have failed guys on physicals for much less. 

We didn't trade him. It was a conscious decision by management.

Whether they could have or not is irrelevant to that point. It's not like they traded him and he failed a physical.

They stated for weeks that he wasn't getting traded.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 03:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We didn't trade him. It was a conscious decision by management.

Whether they could have or not is irrelevant to that point. It's not like they traded him and he failed a physical.

They stated for weeks that he wasn't getting traded.

They also said they were not going to trade Carson Palmer.
Reply/Quote
The question that I have is, Do all of the people on here that said “sign him for whatever he wants” still feel the same way? I wouldn’t extend him unless it’s on a team friendly deal. Fix the freaking line!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 03:50 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The question that I have is, Do all of the people on here that said “sign him for whatever he wants” still feel the same way? I wouldn’t extend him unless it’s on a team friendly deal. Fix the freaking line!

I would. They ain't fixing the line though free agency, and rookie contracts are cheap.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
THis could be a situation like Jaelen Ramsey where his back kept him out until he was traded and then he was fine. I know AJ is the same kind of guy as him, but I wouldn't put it past this organization to drive him to such measures.
Reply/Quote
What a load of shit.

We won't see him anytime soon if ever again.

Guess we'll see a real apples to apples comparison now between Finley and Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Good for AJ. I'm happy he's finally standing up for himself against this organization. The franchise can tag him but that doesn't mean he'll play. It would be the most Bengal-is move ever to franchise him and then get virtually nothing in return.

Good job guys.
Reply/Quote
Glad AJ is refusing to play. This organization sucks. Zac Taylor is a horrible coach
Reply/Quote
swelling is something that can not be faked

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Interesting tidbit from ESPN Ben Baby:

“ Green has not played this season since he tore multiple ligaments in his left ankle during the Bengals' first practice of the preseason. ”

I had not read this detail about the injury. If it was multiple torn ligaments, he should have been put on IR. Once again the FO gets it wrong. I’ll be surprised if he plays at all this season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28029216/bengals-aj-green-setback-indefinitely
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 04:13 PM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: Good for AJ. I'm happy he's finally standing up for himself against this organization. The franchise can tag him but that doesn't mean he'll play.  It would be the most Bengal-is move ever to franchise him and then get virtually nothing in return.  

Good job guys.

Oh yeah. How dare they make him a multimillionaire and then expect him to actually play in a football game. The nerve of these people.

This organization is a pile of dung no doubt in terms of being able to win. But at no point do they mistreat players in a way that would justify refusing to play while you're under contract and being paid well to do so. Reference the Carson Palmer hate (and Cordy Glenn) . Losing records do not mean the athlete has a right to just quit while still being payed.

Exactly what does he need to stand up for himself for in your mind?
Reply/Quote