Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edited: Green will play this week, or maybe not, now ruled out
(11-07-2019, 04:32 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Interesting tidbit from ESPN Ben Baby:

“ Green has not played this season since he tore multiple ligaments in his left ankle during the Bengals' first practice of the preseason. ”

I had not read this detail about the injury. If it was multiple torn ligaments, he should have been put on IR. Once again the FO gets it wrong. I’ll be surprised if he plays at all this season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28029216/bengals-aj-green-setback-indefinitely

It's a bit of a no-win situation from where we stand.  Either AJ Green is intentionally sitting out and has become a me-first diva thanks to the apathy of this organization, or we just watched the organization botch yet another injury by not IR-ing a guy who is about to miss at least his 9th regular season game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 02:54 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Contract negotiations are going nowhere and A.J. is fed up. He wants out. I think that’s obvious. As others have said, they should have traded him when they had the chance.

He will never play anther down for the Bengals.

Not a shocker at all. How in the hell this FO does not see where they stand before the trade deadline is beyond me. Just another example of how not to run a franchise. Freakin Joke.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 03:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Which means he would have never passed a physical in a trade so we can all move past not trading him at the deadline. 

Not really, it wasn't swollen the week of the trade, I think he would have passed or maybe the team getting him knowing the injury didn’t expect him to pass but knowing he would heal up soon. Hell for all we know he could have Tonya Harding his own ankle to keep from playing the rest of the season without his boy Andy. Or he wanted traded all along.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 04:38 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Not a shocker at all. How in the hell this FO does not see where they stand before the trade deadline is beyond me. Just another example of how not to  run a franchise. Freakin Joke.

The franchise is a joke but honestly how can they win on this one.

-AJ stopped contract talks when he got hurt so how would they know where they stood?
-What would you realistically get for him given his age, injury history and the fact that he can't (or won't) get back on the field even this season. Any team would only be renting him for 8 games and then risking that he won't even play at all!

AJ hasn't been in a game now for over a year. Again OVER A YEAR. Guys can come back from ACL tears in less time.
Reply/Quote
AJ on not playing Sunday / risking further injury:

“You've got to look at the long-term picture. I've got to make sure I can play for another five years without having to worry about this thing, not just thinking of the now.”

"I can't go out there when I'm not 100 percent. It makes no sense for me to put myself in that situation to where I can have another time hurting (it), just like I did my toe. It's all about make sure I'm taking care of myself first. Everything else comes after that."

“With the ankle, you know it’s going to happen. Especially (when) I’m trying to get back and play. We’re trying to accelerate the process a little bit. It’s always just pushing that threshold and see how high, what can I take. Right now, my ankle is saying it’s too much. That’s when you have to back off."
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 04:47 PM)R3stangs Wrote: The franchise is a joke but honestly how can they win on this one.

-AJ stopped contract talks when he got hurt so how would they know where they stood?
-What would you realistically get for him given his age, injury history and the fact that he can't (or won't) get back on the field even this season. Any team would only be renting him for 8 games and then risking that he won't even play at all!

AJ hasn't been in a game now for over a year. Again OVER A YEAR. Guys can come back from ACL tears in less time.

Maybe they can't win this one, but that's why you try to win when you can because every now and then life throws you a curve where you can't win and people will judge you by how hard you try when things aren't stacked against you.  It's like making sure you are at work on time when nothing is going on that way when your do run into bad fortune like a flat tire or something else out of your control you will be in the clear.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 04:38 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Not a shocker at all. How in the hell this FO does not see where they stand before the trade deadline is beyond me. Just another example of how not to  run a franchise. Freakin Joke.

In what universe do you think another team would give a high draft pick for a player who hasn't played in a year without giving a full physical examination?  He has missed 22 of the last 40 games . He has ONE reception in a year! GHEESHEL PETE how dumb can you be!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 04:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: AJ on not playing Sunday / risking further injury:

“You've got to look at the long-term picture. I've got to make sure I can play for another five years without having to worry about this thing, not just thinking of the now.”

"I can't go out there when I'm not 100 percent. It makes no sense for me to put myself in that situation to where I can have another time hurting (it), just like I did my toe. It's all about make sure I'm taking care of myself first. Everything else comes after that."

“With the ankle, you know it’s going to happen. Especially (when) I’m trying to get back and play. We’re trying to accelerate the process a little bit. It’s always just pushing that threshold and see how high, what can I take. Right now, my ankle is saying it’s too much. That’s when you have to back off."

Time to IR him.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 04:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's a bit of a no-win situation from where we stand.  Either AJ Green is intentionally sitting out and has become a me-first diva thanks to the apathy of this organization, or we just watched the organization botch yet another injury by not IR-ing a guy who is about to miss at least his 9th regular season game.

I think most of us knew he'd be out most of the year or the whole year when it happened.
Reply/Quote
Seems our best players leave town disgruntled. Seemed AJ would be the exception. Not sure now.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 04:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: AJ on not playing Sunday / risking further injury:

In other words, I ain't taking a chance of not receiving another high paying contract by fulfilling the contract I signed for sixty million .
Reply/Quote
Looks like our man of glass may be done for the year. If so, over last 24 games, he will have produced a grand total of 1 catch for 7 yards for around 20 million we paid him.

Having said that, I would IR him, the season is lost, why risk him getting hurt and hurting his trade value if we decide to franchise him?

Each game missed and each year older, his value deeply declines.

People trash the FO, well if they would have already signed him based on his prior value the FO would have egg on their face. They are looking very smart for dragging out his new contract.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 05:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looks like our man of glass may be done for the year. If so, over last 24 games, he will have produced a grand total of 1 catch for 7 yards for around 20 million we paid him.

Having said that, I would IR him, the season is lost, why risk him getting hurt and hurting his trade value if we decide to franchise him?

People trash the FO, well if they would have already signed him based on his prior value the FO would have egg on their face. They are looking very smart for dragging out his new contract.

Indeed.

On the FO looking smart part: Who knows? They keep signing Eifert and bringing him back.

General thought: No way is AJ a HOF receiver.
Reply/Quote
He won't be playing at all this year. Let the shit show continue....
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 05:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looks like our man of glass may be done for the year. If so, over last 24 games, he will have produced a grand total of 1 catch for 7 yards for around 20 million we paid him.

The only draw back to your plan is you would have to franchise AJ to keep the right to trade him. It would cost 17+ million to franchise him. Then they have to hope not only some team is going to give a high pick for him but also will he sign the tag. Take the 17 million and add another player that can and wants to be here. Let him walk.
Reply/Quote
I thought he didn't want to play against the Rams because he thought Ramsey was going to kick his azz for the Jacksonville game last year.
Reply/Quote
He's done as a Bengal, and honestly I don't blame him one bit. I wish him all the best!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 05:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"a month or two"?

He had 10 months to recover the injury he had in 2018 and he could not make it through one non-contact practice without getting seriously injured again.

I don't think any team in the league will pay him much unless he comes back this year and plays lights out.
Reply/Quote