Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Had a Disc Removed
I am not a doctor. I knew he was having back surgery. But didn't know this is what it was. In my professional not a doctor opinion... Holy shit.

This can't be good for the longevity of an NFL players career.

No way can I get on board with giving Eifert a mega contract this year. If he makes it through the year healthy we should use the franchise tag next year and if his health is holding up work on a long term deal then.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Eifert-Ready-to-go-by-go-time/d395406a-96f6-42ad-8dd5-6b9adc0eb76d

"When he tweaked his back running a route in one of his first practices back, he missed two more games and had a disc removed while the Bengals were playing their last two games."

Would love to see Kroft and Uzi develop. But I don't know if we will even wait that long. Depending on the way the draft falls we really could end up taking a TE in the first round.
Reply/Quote
Not a good sign. I agree. Unless he's got a new bionic disc, then "Hell Yeah!" Yet, going with the first.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At least he lasted longer than the singing TE signed from the colts a few years back.His name escapes me at the time.
Reply/Quote
Goodbye mr. glass
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 10:39 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: At least he lasted longer than the singing TE signed from the colts a few years back.His name escapes me at the time.

Ben Utecht? I had high hopes for that guy.
Reply/Quote
Ben utecht had some condition (concussion related, I think) that caused memory loss. Like he has forgotten major life events. He has to write things down to remember. Sad
Reply/Quote
There is a TON of depth in the draft. They may be tempted to take one if they think the two young guys aren't quite where they expect them to be. Eifert injuries are frustrating but better to know pre draft than after shelling out guaranteed money.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 10:39 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: At least he lasted longer than the singing TE signed from the colts a few years back.His name escapes me at the time.

Still leaves me singing the blues.

Mellow

Don't know how this effects Eifert's ability to play/stay healthy. Hopefully all it does is make him an inch shorter.
Reply/Quote
I have a number of NFL jerseys, but I will say that one of them is Eifert (got it before the pro bowl "no biggie" injury), two of them are guys who played in the 90s and both eventually shot themselves, and the rest are fairly normal by my standards. I shoulda known!
Reply/Quote
I'd be very surprised if Eifert had a disc removed.

That would entail a fusion of 2 vertebrae. That is a very rare procedure for someone under the age of 40. It would also involve a lot more than 3 months of rehab.

It's more likely he had a piece of a disc removed, which is a very straightforward procedure with minimal recovery time.

If he did have a fusion, OJ Howard would be a very smart choice.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 11:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'd be very surprised if Eifert had a disc removed.

That would entail a fusion of 2 vertebrae. That is a very rare procedure for someone under the age of 40. It would also involve a lot more than 3 months of rehab.

It's more likely he had a piece of a disc removed, which is a very straightforward procedure with minimal recovery time.

Hobspin doesn't overstate injuries. He only understates them. So if he says he had a disc removed, you can bet he had at least a disc removed.

Does not speak well for the length of his career, or for that matter, his blocking ability in 2017.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
A disc removed? I'm not sure about that. If so Eifert is done. Too bad. Hardly knew of him. Another Bengal myth.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Jermaine Gresham still has all his disc.

Just saying
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If this is true it completely changes the teams draft strategy. An offensive weapon is almost a must now in the first two rounds.
It wasn't before.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 10:26 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I am not a doctor. I knew he was having back surgery. But didn't know this is what it was. In my professional not a doctor opinion... Holy shit.

This can't be good for the longevity of an NFL players career.

No way can I get on board with giving Eifert a mega contract this year. If he makes it through the year healthy we should use the franchise tag next year and if his health is holding up work on a long term deal then.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Eifert-Ready-to-go-by-go-time/d395406a-96f6-42ad-8dd5-6b9adc0eb76d

"When he tweaked his back running a route in one of his first practices back, he missed two more games and had a disc removed while the Bengals were playing their last two games."

Would love to see Kroft and Uzi develop. But I don't know if we will even wait that long. Depending on the way the draft falls we really could end up taking a TE in the first round.

Oooooooooo.Jjjjjjjjjjj Howard .......maybe he will stay healthy
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 11:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'd be very surprised if Eifert had a disc removed.

Hopefully this is the case. If not wow how this changes our draft. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 11:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hobspin doesn't overstate injuries. He only understates them. So if he says he had a disc removed, you can bet he had at least a disc removed.

Does not speak well for the length of his career, or for that matter, his blocking ability in 2017.

Hopefully it was an unfortunate typo a few weeks out from the draft. 

OJ Howard is one of the few elite prospects at his position in this draft. Hoping we are just trying to drum up interest for a trade back. 
Reply/Quote
Holy shit! With the way the Bengals understate their injuries someone better check to see if he is alive!!
Reply/Quote
Eifert says in article that he feels good and will no doubt be ready.

Going to believe him until I hear otherwise.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Lol . He did not have a disc removed . That's insane talk. And he only missed 2 weeks . Fml.
Reply/Quote