Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eifert OUT indefinitely
(08-09-2016, 02:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Reminds me of the ways my first 3 wives never wanted to talk about the nights where I DIDN'T sleep with the babysitter!

You would agree then that its her fault for not seeing the bright side! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:59 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Tight ends are fragile things.

...that's what she said.  

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not that worried. Yes, it will be nice to have Eifert back, but we can survive and thrive with Hewitt playing TE and Luc playing fullback, or using Hill/Bernard in the same backfield. Plenty of weapons still loaded in their barrels.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 02:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You would agree then that its her fault for not seeing the bright side! ThumbsUp

Just my luck that I keep marrying pessimistic downers!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm worried af. I'm predicting we play it too conservative with the TEs

Reply/Quote
Like I said before, see ya in 2017 Tyler.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 02:30 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I'm worried af. I'm predicting we play it too conservative with the TEs

A lot of y'all have officially pressed the

[Image: panic-button-gif-o.gif]

Relax.

Reply/Quote
Meh, clickbait. That is all.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I know . I can just see the run run pass strategy more often than I'd like to .

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 02:34 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: A lot of y'all have officially pressed the

[Image: panic-button-gif-o.gif]

Relax.

Nearly 8 months of increasingly bad news about the injury and people want to start panicking, eh?  Crazy.  Personally, I'm sticking with the original narrative that it's just a bone bruise and won't even require surgery.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:13 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Cincy Jungle posted today saying that Tyler Eifert's recovery timetable is worse than originally thought. They're saying he may not be able to come back until Week 5, missing Week 4 against the Dolphins.

Given how integral Eifert was to the Bengals' redzone success on offense last year, how do you all think this injury will ultimately affect the Bengals in the short term? We can only hope C.J. Uzomah is the real deal. That redzone production was so vital to our success last year.

On Marvin Lewis press conference on Bengals.com, Lewis said he looked better than what Cincy Jungle is saying here. I'm confused!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Seems like pure speculation.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If this is true , we need uzomah to step up and need to run out of the I formation, because I think that's what jeremy hill needs. Hill has a ton if talent , that 2014 season was no fluke.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 02:33 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Like I said before, see ya in 2017 Tyler.

Like I said before.  You are wrong.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Like I said before.  You are wrong.

Why don't you think we'll see Eifert in 2017?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 04:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why don't you think we'll see Eifert in 2017?

Big Papa means that he will not see Eifert at all in 2016.

If I am wrong about that assumption then I apologize, but any other interpretation of his comment makes no sense.

But not surprised that that is the way you interpreted it.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 02:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He looked awesome in '06 and actually was better than '05 in some categories.

But even if you are correct that does not change the fact that most people claimed he would not be 100% (or even playing) by opening day.

Did you watch ANY games?!

Palmer would jump back and not follow through on his throws any time a defender was in a 5 foot radius.  He wouldn't have had that if he were 100%, which is evident by him not having those issues in the years after '06.

Also, what categories are you talking about that he was better in?  He had 199 more yards, but that's ONE category, not categories, so I think you're just throwing out false information to  "prove" a point that even you have to know is false.  Also, 199 yards isn't even noticeably different.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:59 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Tight ends are fragile things.

DB's take out their legs, assholes like Mitchell give them concussions, LB's like Burfict destroy them.  It's where they play on the field and the size of the guys that play the position.  They are huge targets, it often takes a group of guys to take them down.  Really just a litany of reasons why TE's seem unlucky with injuries.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 05:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Did you watch ANY games?!

Palmer would jump back and not follow through on his throws any time a defender was in a 5 foot radius.  He wouldn't have had that if he were 100%, which is evident by him not having those issues in the years after '06.

Also, what categories are you talking about that he was better in?  He had 199 more yards, but that's ONE category, not categories, so I think you're just throwing out false information to  "prove" a point that even you have to know is false.  Also, 199 yards isn't even noticeably different.

Thanks brad, I remember this as well.  His long ball was gone that year and he was literally floating every ball and I remember some extremely contested catches by the WRs.

Palmer was admirable in 2006 especially considering the circumstances but he was no where near 2005 form.  It ruined him in Cincy.  Only recently does he look like pre-knee circa jam 2006.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 05:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Did you watch ANY games?!

I watched every game in '06.  Palmer looked fine.  Your claim that he would "jump back and not follow through any time a defender was in a five foot radius" just is not true.

Here is what really happened in '06.  In the second game of the season Rich Braham was injured and never returned.  in the 5th game of the season Levi Jones went down with injury and did not return until game 15.  In the 9th game of the year Bobbie Williams went doan and did not return until 4 games later.  These O-line injuries caused our running game to tank (300 fewer yards and a full half yard per carry drop in average) and Carson's protection to break down (sacks almost doubled from 19 to 36).  Despite all of this Palmer threw for more yards, averaged more yards per attempt, and more yards per completion.  He threw 4 fewer tds just because our entire offense dropped of, and he only threw one more interceptions despite attempting more passes.  He had a great season and finished 5th in the league in passing yards and 2nd in tds.
Reply/Quote