Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eifert OUT indefinitely
So I guess people to watch at TE in preseason might by Ryan Hewitt who has played some TE for Bengals....Tyler Kroft who has one year under his belt with Bengals....CJ Uzomah who is starting his 2nd NFL year.....and two rookies with TE size anyway....6-7, 266 lb Matt Lengel from the Eastern Kentucky Colonels....and 6-8, 261 lb John Peters from the Mount St Joseph Lions.......I would bet it will be Kroft starting against The Jets....but what if he gets injured....some good games now to look at people.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Let's be honest about a couple of things.

1. Eifert is a best when he is on the field. If he doesn't get back (and this is worst case scenario) until the second half of the schedule, that's where teams get on a roll and pick up momentum heading into the playoffs, and that would be as good a time to come back 100% as any
2. The decision not to operate until MONTHS after the injury was just a bad guess by team medical staff. Had the surgery been done at the time of injury, all of this debacle would be nonexistent. But they're just humans, like the rest of us. Just sucks they took a bad gamble on a key offensive weapon.

I've been continually frustrated by apparent gaffs in our medical staff, but thank goodness our rehab guy sounds like he's top notch, so at least there's that...
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 10:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: As far as I know the team is going to let the world think Eifert won't be back so teams will game plan to play with him out then spring him on them half way through the game which kind of goes along with Marvins MO.. Say nothing and let them think we're going to be playing without our big guns..
I'm not saying they're that smart, but I'm ok with that scenario..  
Either way the teams success doesn't really hinge on one player.

So you're saying that he will miss all of camp and the preseason games so that he can come out at halftime of the first game?  Seriously??
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 12:34 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: So you're saying that he will miss all of camp and the preseason games so that he can come out at halftime of the first game?  Seriously??

That would be fun to watch, albeit highly unlikely.  Pretty sure I would loose my shi*t if it did happen though! LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 10:18 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Fred was saying that we have had players fully healthy before said recovery time (even though the bengals perpetually seem To have injuries extend past original timelines).  Fred mentioned Palmer has his example, hence the direction of discussion changing.  

All conversation based from original topic

We can digress back to original topic but different opinions lead to good message board discussion. 

The point that Palmer returned healthy enough to play within a stated recovery time was well made. Anything beyond that is outside the Code of Conduct regarding staying on topic. While seemingly a sport for some, hijacking of threads is often detrimental to the OP's thread, and sometimes leads to further violations of the CoC. 
All members are expected to respect the value of staying on topic.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-BengalsBoard-Code-of-Conduct
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 12:34 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: So you're saying that he will miss all of camp and the preseason games so that he can come out at halftime of the first game?  Seriously??

That's almost as fool-proof as our "Don't throw it to Green in the first half of the playoff game" strategy!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote