Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Returns
(03-16-2018, 02:24 AM)impactplaya Wrote: we can' t predict injuries if we could we would all be lottery winners too.
but any player can be hurt on any given play.
we don't know for certain if Green or even Iloka can stay healthy for all 16 in 2018. 
the truth is TEs especially with how they are used as WRs now are more susceptible to injuries. they catch the brunt of a safety or CB coming full speed at all angles.
the best TEs of the last 4 to 8 years have been on the IR for whatever reason 
someone tell me was there a better option on the FA market than Eifert ?
Eric Ebron..Martellus Bennett...Scott Chandler Austin Serafin Jenkins?
betcha Andy Dalton and Bill Lazor are giddy. 
now Tyler Kroft can do damage to the other side 
True but when someone has multiple back surgeries recently, I’d say that makes that person a higher risk. I actually would’ve liked bringing him back if the 5.5 mil. would’ve been say 3 mil. It would be great if he can earn the 8. I just personally don’t think that he will actually be worth the 5.5. Time will tell and I hope that I’m wrong.
Reply/Quote
This is a pretty good deal tbh. Here's to hoping that he earns that 8 mil and slams it out of the ballpark this season.
Reply/Quote
I would like it if he stays healthy. We got our #2 target if he can stay healthy . Then add in John Ross into the mix ,I still do not like lafell I want him replaced he's so blah for what a #2 should be. I don't care if it was Jordan Mathew just anyone but lafell
Reply/Quote
My concern is this means he will hit free agency next year with Atkins, Dunlap, and Dennard and even if he has a good year I don't put him ahead of those 3.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I would like it if he stays healthy. We got our #2 target if he can stay healthy . Then add in John Ross into the mix ,I still do not like lafell I want him replaced he's so blah for what a #2 should be. I don't care if it was Jordan Mathew just anyone but lafell

LaFell is blah that’s for sure. He does however have good hands and reliability. If we keep him it won’t be the worst outcome. Just don’t want his loss at the cost of not addressing the OL more thoroughly.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:57 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: As the article states, it is HEAVILY incentivized. I love, love those contracts. You want the money? You have to earn it. Brings another weapon back. I'd love, love to see two tight end sets. Kroft showed himself as a capable tight end, even more so if Eifert can stay healthy.

Yeah with incentives in there, and the one year prove it deal.....I think that's most of us here were kinda wanting them to do.  The guy is one helluva TE when he's on the field.  

My gut tells me they are gonna go to the oline well early and often with this deal.....and maybe a backer or S.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:12 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I think it could happen if Marvin wasn't so stuck on his TEs having to be blockers. We draft pass catching TEs, but then Lewis blows them shit about their blocking. There are plenty of cheap, blocking TEs out there and we could always go back to an extra OT to run block. Split the TEs out wide, let them catch the ball. Don't try to turn them into blockers who also catch.

Agreed, but to be fair.....over the last two seasons, the TEs have HAD to block.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I love how Eifert tried to spin this into " I owe the team and city another year " when the truth is that no one would pay him a long term contract under his circumstances. I wish people would just be honest instead of putting spin on everything these days.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
IF and it's a really big if, Eifert can stay on the field he's a game changing talent. Problem is of course he can't seem to stay healthy.

I think it's a least a decent risk to take with the contract he signed. Who knows maybe our and his luck and fortunes are changing ?

Okay, sorry I got a little carried away.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:20 AM)Okeana Wrote: I love how Eifert tried to spin this into " I owe the team and city another year " when the truth is that no one would pay him a long term contract under his circumstances.  I wish people would just be honest instead of putting spin on everything these days.

You don't think it's a little presumptuous to call someone you've never met a liar?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:22 AM)McC Wrote: You don't think it's a little presumptuous to call someone you've never met a liar?

Yea this is a little out of line. The rumor is he had offers from the Rams and 49'ers, which would mean it wasn't a forced reunion as Okeana is alluding to. Now what those offers were we don't know, but some have speculated they were longer term but still not to his liking. To act as if we know if loyalty played a role or not in the decision though is as you have pointed out presumptuous. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: Yea this is a little out of line. The rumor is he had offers from the Rams and 49'ers, which would mean it wasn't a forced reunion as Okeana is alluding to. Now what those offers were we don't know, but some have speculated they were longer term but still not to his liking. To act as if we know if loyalty played a role or not in the decision though is as you have pointed out presumptuous. 

I keep reading this and was going to let it go because what's done is done. He's a Bengal. Sure he should be retired, but I guess that'll have to wait til next year.

I thought we all knew about Hobspin. ESPN reports there was no offers just "interest" and interest doesn't equate to offers. That's Hob(SPIN). I trust Katherine vs Hobs. She doesn't work for the Bengals and has no reason to spin.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: I thought we all knew about Hobspin. ESPN reports there was no offers just "interest" and interest doesn't equate to offers. That's Hob(SPIN). I trust Katherine vs Hobs. She doesn't work for the Bengals and has no reason to spin.

I disagree.  Whenever a team contacts a players agent there has to be some discussion of money.  What else would they talk about?

Just because there was not hard offer on the table does not mean there was no discussion of money and contract terms.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 07:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: they gamble it on a player we all know will be injured again.

We don't know this.
Reply/Quote
Great deal for the bengals.

If Eifert has a monster year, they pay him 8m and then can franchise him the following year (10-11m next year) No matter how you slice, they are getting below market value for elite TE if healthy. If not healthy they can release him and have little cap consequence. The bengals are probably looking at this as a 3 year deal, with outs after the 1st and second year.

1st year- 3.5-8m
2nd - 10-11
3rd- 12-13

So essentially they are giving, if Eifert stays healthy and productive, a similar contract the packers gave Graham but with team outs.

the Packers and Graham have agreed to a three-year, $30 million contract. Rapoport also said Graham will get $22 million the first two years of the deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We don't know this.

Ok. 99.999999999999999% of us do.

And if you had money to bet we know what side you'd fall on. But I digress.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:20 AM)Okeana Wrote: I love how Eifert tried to spin this into " I owe the team and city another year " when the truth is that no one would pay him a long term contract under his circumstances.  I wish people would just be honest instead of putting spin on everything these days.

What give you the ability to see the inside workings of his brain?

You just called him a liar and sorry I think that is wrong.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Correct that nobody in their right mind would give Tyler a long term contract with injury history.

But would be willing to bet that many teams would have offered the same sort of contract that he was inked to by Bengals. 

Many probably had better seasons last year or were nicer climate cities to live in as well. If there were no offers now betting they would have come from smart good teams in next few days. 

Am glad he felt loyalty to stay put and am happy the Bengals made him sign a "prove it" type one year contract as well. 

Welcome back Mr Eiffert and call this another solid move by FO. …….Win/Win. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals with another savvy move.

Agree they are killing it so far. 

Just need to stay the course now and we may see SB one day.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:20 AM)jj22 Wrote: Ok. 99.999999999999999% of us do.

And if you had money to bet we know what side you'd fall on. But I digress.

You are one of the few who might bet against one of our players staying healthy.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote