Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Returns
Base of the deal is 3.5 million, full with incentives based on playing time and statistics is 8. I love it.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 09:06 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: You sir are correct. Maybe if it was 3 Mil with a chance to make 8. He will more than likely get 5.5 for 1-4 games. People will act all shocked, this was not a good signing. Multiple back surgeries, people... this guys back is frucked. Remember that you praised this deal when he’s not playing. This is a retirement check.

If any team knew anything about his condition it was us.

Highly doubt Mikey Boy would just give out a "retirement check" if he is so damn cheap.

The Niners and Rams were interested as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont love the move.

Feel like the money could have been spent on more important positions, you know....like the offensive line that we don't have.

Kroft really showed me something last year and hes been getting better each year. More than serviceable. The Bengals need to give up this quest of theirs to find this elusive all pro tight end that they want to run their offense through. Its just not going to happen.

It did happen in 2015. All that it takes is for Eifert to remain healthy.  I think this is a great move.
Reply/Quote
Sweeeeet! Eifert is one of the best in the game when on the field and seems like a real solid human being. Not his fault the game he plays is like getting in 40 car crashes every Sunday afternoon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Outstanding. Just an A+ considering the talent and the $.

Also, after reading his comments in the Bengals.com article, he knows the deal. "I owe it to them" (referencing the org and the fans). What a stand up dude! Hopefully that's literally as well as figuratively.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 10:04 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Sweeeeet! Eifert is one of the best in the game when on the field and seems like a real solid human being. Not his fault the game he plays is like getting in 40 car crashes every Sunday afternoon.

TE is probably the toughest position as far as the toll it takes on the body, too. Even over RB.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: TE is probably the toughest position as far as the toll it takes on the body, too. Even over RB.

Yep.  You're either blocking someone way bigger than you or a fire hydrant with a running start.  And of course the over the middle pass routes 
Reply/Quote
TE you either block or catch or do a little bit of both. It is a tough position indeed.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 07:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'd love to get Gesicki, but I think Andrews in the 4th rd is looking pretty good and more realistic.

I think if he happens to be available in Rd 3, pounce on him. Don’t risk waiting to Rd 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
unreal how some of the posters on here act like Eifert coming back is a cancer or a negative to
the roster .
HEY NEWSFLASH NEGATIVE NANCIES.
ANY RESURGENCE OF THE BENGALS OFFENSE BACK TO TOP.10 FORM HAS CORDY GLENN
AND TYLER EIFERT IN THE CONVERSATION!!
he actually wants to be Bengal and it guys like him that can help turn a culture around !!
wasn't that long ago Corey Dillon and Carl Pickens wanted out of Cincy.
boohoo the Bengals resigned a TE who has the 3rd best red zone production over the last few years
go to.your mom's basement with your Matt Schoebel jersey and Ben Utech signed Topps card
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 11:24 PM)impactplaya Wrote: unreal how some of the posters on here act like Eifert coming back is a cancer or a negative to
the roster .
he actually wants to be Bengal and it guys like him that can help turn a culture around !!
boohoo the Bengals resigned a TE who has the 3rd best red zone production over the last few years
go to.your mom's basement with your Matt Schoebel jersey and Ben Utech signed Topps card

[Image: 200.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:31 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Is this even serious guy.

is your post even serious, it's 1) not funny or 2) not contributing anything, worthless lol. 

yes it's serious, if you got the sarcasm, eifert is not worth a dime unless he's on the field. he is a 13 game a year player or 2 game a year player. he should be incentive only, 5K per yard.  He's topping out at 8 million, he'd need 100 yards a game to earn it (5K x 100 = 500K x 16 games = 8 million). 100 yards a game of Eifert is probably a win. one of the few professions where you don't have to perform a lick and you can retire for life after a month's salary.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 07:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Damn. That's over 10k per minute, assuming he plays 36 minutes for 82 games.

As for Eifert, I'm meh on it. If he's healthy, it's great.

If not, we still had to keep another $8 million clear under the cap just in case he hit the incentives, probably on top of the $10 million we traditionally hold back.

When I calculated that statistic, it seemed much more crazy when you consider it's 365K every game. You'd think maybe one day a year he'd say "I'm contributing this game check to the fans" and everyone leaves with his check. Since they seat 20K though each person only gets $20, lol.

I've always wanted to see the game check salary augmented on top of player's heads in sports games. JR Smith is 0/8, 0 pts, 1 rebound - $99,000.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well if they had to have him back I'm glad it's a one year deal that doesn't max out unless he does. I like it and if it means there isn't enough money left for Bodine, I like it even more.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: TE is probably the toughest position as far as the toll it takes on the body, too. Even over RB.

Yeah, but does that really apply to Eifert? Fell on elbow, hurt. Caught TD in PB, hurt. Back hurt..just because? These are freakish injuries.

He should really consider changing his number. Ocho put the bad mojo on him. Ninja

No but seriously you obviously hope for the best. Some 2 TE sets we have all been dreaming about would be lovely. 

I ain't putting no money down on that actually happening tho

Reply/Quote
No issues for me. He's one of Andy's top two favorite targets. He's amazing when healthy. If he puts together another 2015 season, then he can cash in next year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:29 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yeah, but does that really apply to Eifert? Fell on elbow, hurt. Caught TD in PB, hurt. Back hurt..just because? These are freakish injuries.

He should really consider changing his number. Ocho put the bad mojo on him. Ninja

No but seriously you obviously hope for the best. Some 2 TE sets we have all been dreaming about would be lovely. 

I ain't putting no money down on that actually happening tho

The back could definitely be from wear and tear.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 11:24 PM)impactplaya Wrote: unreal how some of the posters on here act like Eifert coming back is a cancer or a negative to
the roster .
He definitely doesn’t seem like a cancer and he is an awesome talent. Not one person has said otherwise. A few of us acknowledge that there is a stronger possibility that he will play a handful of games than there is that he will play in 14-16 games. I’d say that makes us realistic vs. being negative. The thing is, I’d love to be wrong. It’s not negative to cite his injury history though. If the guarantee is 5.5 mil, that seems high and risky to me. Again, just a realistic evaluation and not being purposely negative.
Reply/Quote
the roster .

Totally. I heard he has the one of the lowest amounts of drops last year and  the year before it.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 02:05 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: He definitely doesn’t seem like a cancer and he is an awesome talent. Not one person has said otherwise. A few of us acknowledge that there is a stronger possibility that he will play a handful of games than there is that he will play in 14-16 games. I’d say that makes us realistic vs. being negative. The thing is, I’d love to be wrong. It’s not negative to cite his injury history though. If the guarantee is 5.5 mil, that seems high and risky to me. Again, just a realistic evaluation and not being purposely negative.

we can' t predict injuries if we could we would all be lottery winners too.
but any player can be hurt on any given play.
we don't know for certain if Green or even Iloka can stay healthy for all 16 in 2018. 
the truth is TEs especially with how they are used as WRs now are more susceptible to injuries. they catch the brunt of a safety or CB coming full speed at all angles.
the best TEs of the last 4 to 8 years have been on the IR for whatever reason 
someone tell me was there a better option on the FA market than Eifert ?
Eric Ebron..Martellus Bennett...Scott Chandler Austin Serafin Jenkins?
betcha Andy Dalton and Bill Lazor are giddy. 
now Tyler Kroft can do damage to the other side 
Reply/Quote