Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Returns
It's a win-win for both sides.

Eifert needs to prove he can stay healthy to make a big deal.
Bengals keep one of the most talented tight ends.

Kroft is a solid #2, but I hope they go to draft someone like Gesicki or Andrews in the draft.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 07:34 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's a win-win for both sides.

Kroft is a solid #2, but I hope they go to draft someone like Gesicki or Andrews in the draft.

I'd love to get Gesicki, but I think Andrews in the 4th rd is looking pretty good and more realistic.
Reply/Quote
LOVE IT
Reply/Quote
This isn't a win/win for Eifert/Bengals. It's a win for Eifert. No other team was interested, and instead of putting the 5.5 million on a MLB, OC with a track record of playing, they gamble it on a player we all know will be injured again. Who exactly where they bidding against again? Right. Nobody. Just a waste of money, and for a FO who swears they are broke, this could have been spent elsewhere.

They don't have this kind of money to waste if they going to cry broke.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 07:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'd love to get Gesicki, but I think Andrews in the 4th rd is looking pretty good and more realistic.

Can Andrews really last that long?  He's damn good.  Seems like, at one time, he was considered one of the top TE's.  He moves very well and has great hands and he is built like a truck.  I was thinking late second, early third.   I would be ecstatic to get him in the fourth.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 07:34 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's a win-win for both sides.

Nice post Wolf, completely agree.

(03-15-2018, 07:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'd love to get Gesicki, but I think Andrews in the 4th rd is looking pretty good and more realistic.

Same.

(03-15-2018, 07:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: This isn't a win/win for Eifert/Bengals. It's a win for Eifert. No other team was interested, and instead of putting the 5.5 million on a MLB, OC with a track record of playing, they gamble it on a player we all know will be injured again. Who exactly where they bidding against again? Right. Nobody. Just a waste of money, and for a FO who swears they are broke, this could have been spent elsewhere.

Yer all rays of sunshine today aren't you Cool

(03-15-2018, 07:45 PM)McC Wrote: Can Andrews really last that long?  He's damn good.  Seems like, at one time, he was considered one of the top TE's.  He moves very well and has great hands and he is built like a truck.  I was thinking late second, early third.   I would be ecstatic to get him in the fourth.

Andrews is a very poor blocker from what i hear so he could fall a ways.

I agree though, i would be ecstatic to get him in the 4th as well. Even with our last 3rd rounder.
Reply/Quote
I just see a Front Office struggling to let go. Living in the past. Would have much rather used the 5.5/8m elsewhere.

And I wish they'd stop acting like Hart was a significant signing. But I fear they think he is.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 08:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: I just see a Front Office struggling to let go. Living in the past. Would have much rather used the 5.5/8m elsewhere.

And I wish they'd stop acting like Hart was a significant signing. But I fear they think he is.

Atleast Eifert is extremely talented and you cannot argue with that. Some players they struggle to let go are just not good
and that is when i get pissed off. But Eifert is the type of player that even if he only plays 8 games he can get 6 TD's for
your team. Dude is special but also....

It is understandable why you would think this when Eifert has played less than half the games in his NFL career, and you
are correct about Hart. He is a bottom of the barrell signing, that is all.

Chris Baker was a good one though and the Cordy Glenn trade was amazingly great.
Reply/Quote
Im glad, smart move. Its an incentive based one year deal. Great move!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:56 PM)Gohards Wrote: "Eifert Back" sounds like he got a new injury.

"Eifhurt ma dang toe momma !"

[Image: th?id=OIP.jm28QuMg1gFtiEv29aKxSQHaFj&pid...=256&h=193]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 08:20 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Eifhurt ma dang toe momma !"

[Image: th?id=OIP.jm28QuMg1gFtiEv29aKxSQHaFj&pid...=256&h=193]

lmao
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ghiaciuc only started two seasons as our starting Center.

It felt like a decade.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 07:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: This isn't a win/win for Eifert/Bengals. It's a win for Eifert. No other team was interested, and instead of putting the 5.5 million on a MLB, OC with a track record of playing, they gamble it on a player we all know will be injured again. Who exactly where they bidding against again? Right. Nobody. Just a waste of money, and for a FO who swears they are broke, this could have been spent elsewhere.

I get the frustration with the injuries, but I like the move. Hobson reported that the 9ers and Rams brought the price up--so I'd be willing to bet they offered him more. Hobson says we upped our original offer, implying he took less money to stay in Cinci. 

Look. I know it's frustrating. But sometimes you have to take a risk. If our offensive line improves this year, we have a ton of weapons. If Eifert stays healthy, he puts our offense over the top. I think it's worth the risk. It's only 1 year, 5.5 mil base--a little more than I'd like, but I'd take the same risk if I'm in their shoes and someone's trying to pry him away. Give him a year and see how he does. We can always draft a tight end to be safe.

The only other guy I'd look at signing if we missed out on Eifert would be Jensen, the center. But it's likely we weren't in the running. It's more likely we would have had to resign Bodine. At this point we're in a great spot to draft the 1st overall center at 21. At that point our offensive line looks a lot better, as we most likely add to it later in the draft as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 08:32 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I get the frustration with the injuries, but I like the move. Hobson reported that the 9ers and Rams brought the price up--so I'd be willing to bet they offered him more. Hobson says we upped our original offer, implying he took less money to stay in Cinci. 

Look. I know it's frustrating. But sometimes you have to take a risk. If our offensive line improves this year, we have a ton of weapons. If Eifert stays healthy, he puts our offense over the top. I think it's worth the risk. It's only 1 year, 5.5 mil base--a little more than I'd like, but I'd take the same risk if I'm in their shoes and someone's trying to pry him away. Give him a year and see how he does. We can always draft a tight end to be safe.

The only other guy I'd look at signing if we missed out on Eifert would be Jensen, the center. But it's likely we weren't in the running. It's more likely we would have had to resign Bodine. At this point we're in a great spot to draft the 1st overall center at 21. At that point our offensive line looks a lot better, as we most likely add to it later in the draft as well.

Thanks for the info about the Niners and Rams bringing the price up, didn't know that.

Great rest of the post as well, i completely agree man. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 08:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It felt like a decade.

Sure did, dude was worse than Bodine. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 08:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure did, dude was worse than Bodine. Shocked

Our last few centers have been Eric Ghiaciuc, Kyle Cook, and Russell Bodine. Man we need to draft one in round 1

Reply/Quote

You sir are correct. Maybe if it was 3 Mil with a chance to make 8. He will more than likely get 5.5 for 1-4 games. People will act all shocked, this was not a good signing. Multiple back surgeries, people... this guys back is frucked. Remember that you praised this deal when he’s not playing. This is a retirement check.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 08:53 PM)Bryan Wrote: Our last few centers have been Eric Ghiaciuc, Kyle Cook, and Russell Bodine. Man we need to draft one in round 1

It been bad. Mellow

Thing is after the Glenn trade 21 is the perfect place to take the top Center. Just that Price and Ragnow are banged up and
these two are more like the type to handle the 3-4 NT's we face in the AFCN. Daniels is a talent but smaller and not as strong.
Reply/Quote
Just throwing an “ugh” out there. Could be good since there’s incentives. However, history tells me, “Yikes?”

Reply/Quote
Let’s hope he shocks us all and stays healthy all season. A healthy and productive Eifert could be enough to put them in the playoff picture.

Reply/Quote