Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Returns
They're giving the first pick to Teryl Austin.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
sandwedge Wrote:So does that mean for the moment, we have no more money for FAs?? You know where I am going with this.....

Counting down to Hobspin. 5-4-3-2-1...

Here 'tis, right on time:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Report-of-Eifert-deal-may-be-last-major-pact-for-18-/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WRs are better receivers.  So if you are not going to have your TEs block just don't use a TE.  Get another WR on the field who is a better receiver.

We dont have a WR on this team, including #18, who is better at getting position on his man and making contested catches. Eifert is a weapon in the red zone. With a 1 yr deal heavy on incentives, his injury history doesn't matter.

Eifert has played in 49% of the games he's been under contract with the Bengals. Burfict has played in 52% of the games over the last two seasons. I didn't hear much opposition to signing resigning Burfict. You resign elite talent when you can. The fact that its a team friendly, 1 yr "prove it" type contract makes it a no brainer.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only problem I have with this is that ot keeps us from using a high draft pick on a TE for the future.

Why?   We still had Gresham when we drafted Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:58 PM)snowy Wrote: Counting down to Hobspin. 5-4-3-2-1...

Here 'tis, right on time:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Report-of-Eifert-deal-may-be-last-major-pact-for-18-/

last major impact move...  makes sense not too much more they could do that would be a huge impact with what they have left

some smaller moves still....   to help but no major moves

Bengals have already had a pretty good FA

as more players move or get dumped for salary... We might find a few more moves to make.
Reply/Quote
XenoMorph Wrote:last major impact move...  makes sense not too much more they could do that would be a huge impact with what they have left

some smaller moves still....   to help but no major moves

Bengals have already had a pretty good FA

as more players move or get dumped for salary...  We might find a few more moves to make.

Definitely. They made moves instead of standing pat. That's a huge step in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He is a matchup nightmare when healthy no question.

Just hoping he is the same type of player he was before the two back surgeries.

We would know better than any other team though, that is for sure.

Hey Weezy, we got a new O-line coach in Frank Pollack, a damn good LT in Cordy Glenn and it looks like we are going to draft
a Center now early with the team saying they are pretty much done in FA. We are on our way to fixing this O-line man, this is
different then when PA was here playing favorites.

Could still happen, but a Center is what we need most right now. I wouldn't mind picking Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma in the mid
rounds who is a great Receiver, just needs to work on his blocking similar to Eifert. You cannot teach players to be great Receivers
but you can teach them to block. Andrews has the same size and receiving skillset as Eifert.

Chase Coffman would beg to differ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm hoping we sign Mike Pouncey. Then I'd be completely happy with this off season.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
I was more than ready to move on from Eifert, yet upon reading he has returned, I can’t help but feel good about it. I’m in a glass box of emotions!

Reply/Quote
Super Bowl bound baby! Whhhhoooooooo dddddeeeeeeyyyyyyy!!!!
Reply/Quote
I have this fantasy. Eifert, who has suffered terrible luck with injuries in the first part of his career, plays every game in 2018. If he plays a whole season, it can't help but be a good one. He goes on to have a nice career and is barely bitten again by the injury bug.

Injuries really are luck of the draw most of the time, unless you play the Steelers twice a year, that is. I know Eifert took at least one kill shot from Mike Mitchell that cost him a couple games.

I like the deal. He's worth the roll of the dice. If he earns the full amount, you will have had a good season. People want to see bold. This is just the next bold one. One more thing to do, or rather, not do.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why, do you not like watching him score Bengals touchdowns????

No, I just think 5.5 mil is too expensive for someone who is likely to end up on IR, and hasn't scored a touchdown since 2016.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 06:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chase Coffman would beg to differ.

There always exceptions lol

Mark Andrews looks like he has more of the body to be a good blocker then Coffman had though to be fair.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 06:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chase Coffman would beg to differ.

That was all the Bengals' fault.  They draft one of the great pass catching TE's in NCAA history and won't play him cuz he can't block.  Are you kidding me?  They twisted his head.  They shattered him and ruined him.   Don't even know what he could have been but that fiasco irritates me to this day.  They humiliated him on HBO, for crying out loud.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
And the only current Bengals jersey I own stays current for one more year. Sweeeeeeeet.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 06:45 PM)McC Wrote: That was all the Bengals' fault.  They draft one of the great pass catching TE's in NCAA history and won't play him cuz he can't block.  Are you kidding me?  They twisted his head.  They shattered him and ruined him.   Don't even know what he could have been but that fiasco irritates me to this day.  They humiliated him on HBO, for crying out loud.

True, another occasion of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and not playing a player to his strengths. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 06:45 PM)McC Wrote: That was all the Bengals' fault.  They draft one of the great pass catching TE's in NCAA history and won't play him cuz he can't block.  Are you kidding me?  They twisted his head.  They shattered him and ruined him.   Don't even know what he could have been but that fiasco irritates me to this day.  They humiliated him on HBO, for crying out loud.

If he was "Shattered" by criticism of his blocking then he was never NFL material.

And aren't you the one who complains about Marvin nvere holding players accountable?

What is Cofffman's excuse for sucking with the other three NFL teams he played for.  Did they hurt his little feelings also?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:12 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I think it could happen if Marvin wasn't so stuck on his TEs having to be blockers. We draft pass catching TEs, but then Lewis blows them shit about their blocking. There are plenty of cheap, blocking TEs out there and we could always go back to an extra OT to run block. Split the TEs out wide, let them catch the ball. Don't try to turn them into blockers who also catch.
Sounds like a job for Fisher!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 07:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If he was "Shattered" by criticism of his blocking then he was never NFL material.

And aren't you the one who complains about Marvin nvere holding players accountable?

What is Cofffman's excuse for sucking with the other three NFL teams he played for.  Did they hurt his little feelings also?

Shocking that you would take the Bengals' side.  Have I ever called for public humiliation?  Have I ever said draft a guy who is really good at something and then don't let him do it?  I don't think so.  Fred, making shit up, his stock in trade

He was known to not be a blocker.  Everyone knew it.  And the he was shot when he left here.   Maybe he wasn't mentally tough enough.  But the dumbass never even gave him a chance.  A lot like the way they treated John Ross last year. 

You disappoint.  You never discuss.  You just argue.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:07 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The deal should be something like 5K per yard. That way he has to get 100 yards a game to earn his 8 million.

To even think someone gets that much per yard gained...for example, even though LeBron James plays 82 games (ignoring playoffs), he makes $365,200 per game! So yeah, we as fans can complain when we see lack of effort.

Damn. That's over 10k per minute, assuming he plays 36 minutes for 82 games.

As for Eifert, I'm meh on it. If he's healthy, it's great.

If not, we still had to keep another $8 million clear under the cap just in case he hit the incentives, probably on top of the $10 million we traditionally hold back.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote