Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert may not be ready for training camp
(04-18-2017, 05:28 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I get that the guy is injury prone but to say he hasn't met expectations is ridiculous.

8 Games, 29 receptions, 13.6 avg per catch and 5 TDs and he made a play that was 71 yards last year.

Look at those stats and tell me what more do you want from a guy who has either always dealing with an injury or missed significant time due to an injury. Be mad that he's injury prone all you want but Eifert is a hell of a talent.

He's a beast and everyone knows it. Even those who want OJ. It would be awesome to have them both on the field the same as having another WR as talented as Green to pair with or another beast of a LB to pair with Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 05:28 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I get that the guy is injury prone but to say he hasn't met expectations is ridiculous.

8 Games, 29 receptions, 13.6 avg per catch and 5 TDs and he made a play that was 71 yards last year.

Look at those stats and tell me what more do you want from a guy who has either always dealing with an injury or missed significant time due to an injury. Be mad that he's injury prone all you want but Eifert is a hell of a talent.

Talented Yes, however part of being a football player is being able to stay on the field.  Which he has failed at on many levels and is NOT meeting expectations.  Sure he is a Mega Talent but a Lamborghini can't get the milk at the store, I will take a chevet if the job is getting done. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 05:06 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: If Eifert did return and they took Howard, the 2TE, 2WR sets would be deadly

Especially if Core comes along with that size, speed and physicality...
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 10:54 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: When he says "nerve damage" and "lost of strength", you really have to be concerned.  At this point, I think the bigger news would be if Eifert was entering a season healthy with no limitations.
Yep! That would be newsworthy to say the least. Eifert is a great player, but he is too brittle to get a big contract unless he can play the entire season.
Reply/Quote
I like Kroft and CJ. I can't see us taking OJ with these guys already here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 09:06 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I like Kroft and CJ.  I can't see us taking OJ with these guys already here.

Did I miss something particularly encouraging from either of these guys last year?  I remember Kroft having a "totally no big deal, you guys" knee injury linger for an uncomfortably long time.  He sort of filled the Eifert role, in that sense.
Reply/Quote
To be fair CJ looked pretty good at times.
Reply/Quote
I think CJ has more potential than Kroft.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 11:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: So much for the optimistic outlook just a couple weeks ago.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19181268/tyler-eifert-cincinnati-bengals-says-back-feels-great-unsure-ready-camp

"They call me Mr. Glass"
 -Tyler Eifert
Reply/Quote
I've posted this before, but I'm posting it again just because that's how badly I want the Bengals to take this guy in the 4th rd., and use the earlier picks for more pressing needs. Trust me, this kid will excel in the NFL. He only played one year of HS ball at WR, moved to TE in college, took a step back to a smaller school to reenter the recruitment pool and was picked up by the Cardinals. So he only had two years under Petrino. There is nothing to improve him on as far as route running or catching.... give him some time with NFL caliber coaching and his blocking will improve as well. He's 6'4" and 247lbs. He is a willing blocker, he just needs to improve technique..... someone is going to get an absolute steal with this kid...

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 01:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Good thing we have 11 draft picks. You can write TE down as a must draft in pen now.

For a team that needs so much, that have so many holes to fill, why does the fans see drafting a player at a position that we have a great player at already? Rather he plays a whole season or not, is too many other holes that need filled, and you cant fill a hole with a high draft pick where you have players that occupy positions who are mediocre 16 games of the entire season.

By the way, my car needs fixed. The AC Compressor is on its last leg, and runs 70% percent of the time... I'm not really concerned that the Engine is about to blow up, I have an abundance of money that would allow me to replace the ANY part of the car, but I think I'll just replace the AC Compressor and ignore the Engine that runs great only 25% of the time and rarely starts. (See the logic)
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 11:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've posted this before, but I'm posting it again just because that's how badly I want the Bengals to take this guy in the 4th rd., and use the earlier picks for more pressing needs. Trust me, this kid will excel in the NFL. He only played one year of HS ball at WR, moved to TE in college, took a step back to a smaller school to reenter the recruitment pool and was picked up by the Cardinals. So he only had two years under Petrino. There is nothing to improve him on as far as route running or catching.... give him some time with NFL caliber coaching and his blocking will improve as well. He's 6'4" and 247lbs. He is a willing blocker, he just needs to improve technique..... someone is going to get an absolute steal with this kid...

Love Hikutini to death but I think he'll be just a good backup TE that the fanbase loves. Dude puts in a ton of effort though and it's fun to see
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 01:17 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Love Hikutini to death but I think he'll be just a good backup TE that the fanbase loves. Dude puts in a ton of effort though and it's fun to see

Yeah, he is a good pass catcher i will give him that and he has decent size.

He completely disappeared in his bowl game last year when i watched him live though.

Also having the heisman QB running around opened it up a lot for him last year.

I am liking Michael Roberts TE out of Toledo more if we want a Red Zone threat in the mid rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 01:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he is a good pass catcher i will give him that and he has decent size.

He completely disappeared in his bowl game last year when i watched him live though.

I am liking Michael Roberts TE out of Toledo more if we want a Red Zone threat in the mid rounds.

A lot of players tend to disappear when your OL is a sieve
Reply/Quote
I still say grab Reuben Foster in the 1st. I'd love one year (at least) of Minter-Foster-Burfict as the starting LB corps.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 05:06 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: If Eifert did return and they took Howard, the 2TE, 2WR sets would be deadly
Right. If only they had a coach who knew how to effectively use 2 TEs at the same time. Sad Also, that would mean a couple of recently drafted TEs would be available to trade.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 03:45 PM)eoxyod Wrote: A lot of players tend to disappear when your OL is a sieve

Yeah but that QB got out of those sieves all year, i guess we can put most of Hikutini's lack of production on both
the QB and Offensive Line but i watched that guy specifically in that Bowl game and he did nothing.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 10:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah but that QB got out of those sieves all year, i guess we can put most of Hikutini's lack of production on both
the QB and Offensive Line but i watched that guy specifically in that Bowl game and he did nothing.

Unfortunately that was the one Louisville game I wasn't able to watch (Thank God) but players have bad games. That said, I trust your judgement
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 01:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he is a good pass catcher i will give him that and he has decent size.

He injured his knee in that game is why he disappeared. The knee is healed without needing surgery. In fact, I don't think he has any football related surgeries, he's healthy. The recovery from the injury is why he skipped everything but the Bench at the combine and just did interviews, then did the rest of the drills at Louisville's Pro-Day. And as good as that Heisman QB is right now, he is not even in the same class with Andy Dalton (he might be as he grows, but not now). Just think about what Dalton could do with him...
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 05:14 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I still say grab Reuben Foster in the 1st. I'd love one year (at least) of Minter-Foster-Burfict as the starting LB corps.

That's my point. Why grab Howard in the 1st when we can get Foster, or a Pass Rusher, and get Hikutini in the 4th.... wasted picks IMO when we can fill those glaring needs and still get Hik to complement Eifert and CJ....
Reply/Quote