Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert may not be ready for training camp
(04-19-2017, 01:17 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Love Hikutini to death but I think he'll be just a good backup TE that the fanbase loves. Dude puts in a ton of effort though and it's fun to see

I believe he is going to light up the league where ever he lands, and teams will be kicking themselves for not taking him. Remember, you heard it here first......
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 05:58 PM)Derrick Wrote: Right. If only they had a coach who knew how to effectively use 2 TEs at the same time. Sad Also, that would mean a couple of recently drafted TEs would be available to trade.

Except you would probably need to keep them for when Eifert inevitably goes down again.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 11:00 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Unfortunately that was the one Louisville game I wasn't able to watch (Thank God) but players have bad games. That said, I trust your judgement

I was definately unimpressed, too bad it was the only Louisville game i was able to watch lol

(04-20-2017, 09:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He injured his knee in that game is why he disappeared. The knee is healed without needing surgery. In fact, I don't think he has any football related surgeries, he's healthy. The recovery from the injury is why he skipped everything but the Bench at the combine and just did interviews, then did the rest of the drills at Louisville's Pro-Day. And as good as that Heisman QB is right now, he is not even in the same class with Andy Dalton (he might be as he grows, but not now). Just think about what Dalton could do with him...

Ah, didn't know that, thanks Sled. Hey, i am for us drafting him, i just think you are hyping him up a bit...

(04-20-2017, 09:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's my point. Why grab Howard in the 1st when we can get Foster, or a Pass Rusher, and get Hikutini in the 4th.... wasted picks IMO when we can fill those glaring needs and still get Hik to complement Eifert and CJ....

Foster is really overhyped. He is a small LB that lowers his head like Burfict used to, sure he is a hard hitter and is
great going sideline to sideline but i like Hassan Reddick better if we are going LB in the first. He can cover great, is
much bigger than Foster, can rush the passer and is just as good of an athlete.

Lots of reasons to get Howard, Eifert probably will not be back once again to start this season, i am not trusting
anything after last year, i don't care what him or the doctors say. Uzomah has talent and i liked Kroft his rookie year
but neither are the pass catcher or run blocker that Howard is and he can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 09:35 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think CJ has more potential than Kroft.

Most definitely. I think people are sleeping on CJ. In the 7 games where he was actually used as a receiver (pretty much all while Eifert was out), he produced 24-228-1. 

That would translate to 54-521-2 over a full season. For a 2nd year player (particularly a TE), it was solid production. Good enough for me to feel he's a solid backup heading into his 3rd year. Would I like a more dominant player behind Eifert? Sure, but CJ isn't bad at all.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 12:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ah, didn't know that, thanks Sled. Hey, i am for us drafting him, i just think you are hyping him up a bit...

I probably am, but I've watched him in every game Louisville played, and the kid just flat out can play football. He reminds me a lot of Eifert in a lot of ways, except he's healthy. Last I saw he's ranked 9th overall best Tight End in the draft, but I just have a feeling, a strong feeling, he is going to surpass most of them when he hits the field. He's project to go in the 4th or 5th, which is like I said, a steal. He has nothing but upside.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 01:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I probably am, but I've watched him in every game Louisville played, and the kid just flat out can play football. He reminds me a lot of Eifert in a lot of ways, except he's healthy. Last I saw he's ranked 9th overall best Tight End in the draft, but I just have a feeling, a strong feeling, he is going to surpass most of them when he hits the field. He's project to go in the 4th or 5th, which is like I said, a steal. He has nothing but upside.

I'll have to agree with you.  I was totally shocked by that bowl game after watching the drubbing the Cards laid on the Seminoles.  I don't watch EVERY Louisville game, but I watch several.  I think he'll be a good player for someone.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 01:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I probably am, but I've watched him in every game Louisville played, and the kid just flat out can play football. He reminds me a lot of Eifert in a lot of ways, except he's healthy. Last I saw he's ranked 9th overall best Tight End in the draft, but I just have a feeling, a strong feeling, he is going to surpass most of them when he hits the field. He's project to go in the 4th or 5th, which is like I said, a steal. He has nothing but upside.

(04-20-2017, 02:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'll have to agree with you.  I was totally shocked by that bowl game after watching the drubbing the Cards laid on the Seminoles.  I don't watch EVERY Louisville game, but I watch several.  I think he'll be a good player for someone.

I am definately for drafting him if we don't get Howard at 9. Him or Michael Roberts are my guys in the mid rounds.

So deep at TE i can definately understand why people don't want one at 9. Just with Eifert's injuries Howard could make
the most immediate impact for a rookie besides maybe Fournette. Maybe if Solomon Thomas or Johnathan Allen fall to us
they could also do alot as rookies.

Barnett might, but he still has to work on stopping the run and bulking up from 259 might slow him down and his pass
rush. Lots of ways to go early for us.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 01:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Most definitely. I think people are sleeping on CJ. In the 7 games where he was actually used as a receiver (pretty much all while Eifert was out), he produced 24-228-1. 

That would translate to 54-521-2 over a full season. For a 2nd year player (particularly a TE), it was solid production. Good enough for me to feel he's a solid backup heading into his 3rd year. Would I like a more dominant player behind Eifert? Sure, but CJ isn't bad at all.

I admit to mixed feelings on Uzomah. He has the physical tools but we also saw some really bad route running and although I know the official stats say one drop I saw more including dropping an easy TD. But he could get it together as these are mental errors.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am definately for drafting him if we don't get Howard at 9. Him or Michael Roberts are my guys in the mid rounds.

So deep at TE i can definately understand why people don't want one at 9. Just with Eifert's injuries Howard could make
the most immediate impact for a rookie besides maybe Fournette. Maybe if Solomon Thomas or Johnathan Allen fall to us
they could also do alot as rookies.

Barnett might, but he still has to work on stopping the run and bulking up from 259 might slow him down and his pass
rush. Lots of ways to go early for us.

I'm not sold on drafting a TE, but the kid can ball, and I agree about Howard.  Honestly, if they don't hit a homerun in the backfield, I would like to see them go playmaker on D.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 03:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm not sold on drafting a TE, but the kid can ball, and I agree about Howard.  Honestly, if they don't hit a homerun in the backfield, I would like to see them go playmaker on D.

That is the way i am looking at it in the first. Playmaker is what we should go after there, i don't want us to reach
for a guy like Taco Charlton who is a big DE who just fits our scheme, would love if we traded down if our guy is
not there. I could seriously see us trading down this year and picking up another 3rd or hopefully a 2nd.

Lots of good Ends will be there in the 2nd round man.

We could get that top RB like Cook, McCaffrey or Mixon all the while adding another pick.

John Ross should also be thought about if we trade down.
Reply/Quote
This whole thing sounds odd to me, it seems really soon to be taking hits after a back surgery. Does anyone know for sure what type of surgery he had? I'd hate to see a young guy paralysed by rushing back too soon. I know that young guys recover quicker, it just doesn't sound right. Surely this wasn't a fusion..??
Reply/Quote
With Foster's fall, Howard has to be our #1 option

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 03:12 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Has anyone read the story lately? Its been edited....

Per article

"An April 17 story incorrectly indicated that Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert was unsure of his status for training camp in 2017. In fact, he said he thinks he will be ready for the start of camp."

Translation: He may or may not miss camp and the first 15 games, but we look forward to having him for the season finale. Translation:  He's toast..
Why be an optimistic person when you can be a Bengals fan?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 09:02 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This whole thing sounds odd to me, it seems really soon to be taking hits after a back surgery. Does anyone know for sure what type of surgery he had? I'd hate to see a young guy paralysed by rushing back too soon. I know that young guys recover quicker, it just doesn't sound right. Surely this wasn't a fusion..??

As far as i know they removed a disc. Sounds pretty rough to me. I doubt they rush him back, they will take their time
as they did last year. I highly doubt he starts come opening day. As Storer said, OJ Howard is looking pretty damn likely
now after Foster failing the drug test at the Combine.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 09:02 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This whole thing sounds odd to me, it seems really soon to be taking hits after a back surgery. Does anyone know for sure what type of surgery he had? I'd hate to see a young guy paralysed by rushing back too soon. I know that young guys recover quicker, it just doesn't sound right. Surely this wasn't a fusion..??

Yep, the removed a disk, which means they either fused his vertebrae or put in an artificial disk. Either way, I don't think I would want to take the hits to the back that Tight Ends take on a consistent basis....
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 12:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for the info. I would think that would take a year to come back from. I don't doubt that he will be able to catch and run, taking hits sounds iffy to me.
As far as i know they removed a disc. Sounds pretty rough to me. I doubt they rush him back, they will take their time
as they did last year. I highly doubt he starts come opening day. As Storer said, OJ Howard is looking pretty damn likely
now after Foster failing the drug test at the Combine.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, doesn't sound good to me either. Especially after last year and the knee and Eifert supposedly going to be
ready by week 1. Guy didn't play till like week 9? Last year i was hopeful but after that, this sounds even worse.

If they fused it that sounds worse than if they put in an artificial disc but i don't know shit about these things.
Reply/Quote
I would expect nothing less from "Mr. Glass"
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is the way i am looking at it in the first. Playmaker is what we should go after there, i don't want us to reach
for a guy like Taco Charlton who is a big DE who just fits our scheme, would love if we traded down if our guy is
not there. I could seriously see us trading down this year and picking up another 3rd or hopefully a 2nd.

Lots of good Ends will be there in the 2nd round man.

We could get that top RB like Cook, McCaffrey or Mixon all the while adding another pick.

John Ross should also be thought about if we trade down.

According to multiple sources, the Browns are going to need to get in front of Buffalo if they want to Trubisky.  I think that is a perfect chance to get their number 12 and the first pick of the second round.  Unless you get a real playmaker, like a Barnett or Allen, then I think dropping a few spots would be a smart move.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 09:24 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: According to multiple sources, the Browns are going to need to get in front of Buffalo if they want to Trubisky.  I think that is a perfect chance to get their number 12 and the first pick of the second round.  Unless you get a real playmaker, like a Barnett or Allen, then I think dropping a few spots would be a smart move.

That would be awesome, becoming my favorite scenario if Allen is not there or Fournette.

Trade down, get one of the backs and go End in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote