Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert vs Gronkowski
While waiting for MNF game, I thought I'd put this up, and see what we can come up with.

Eifert vs Gronkowski

1. Similarities?
2. Differences?
3. Obvious bias aside, is one better overall, than the other?
Reply/Quote
The biggest thing I notice is size. While both are 6'6", Gronk has almost 20 lbs on Eifert. I think this plays a factor in how both are used. Gronk looks more like an all-around TE whereas Eifert looks like a tall, slightly big WR.

While Eifert is a fluid receiver and solid blocker, I think he can go one step further and get to 260+ lbs and become that ultra TE that Gronk and Graham have become.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think eifert actually is smoother in routes and has better hands but gronk with that 20 lbs advantage and him being more elusive is what seperate him as the ultimate mismatch ..
Reply/Quote
Can u imagine gronk and eifert on the same team with brady??? Good god
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 11:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The biggest thing I notice is size. While both are 6'6", Gronk has almost 20 lbs on Eifert. I think this plays a factor in how both are used. Gronk looks more like an all-around TE whereas Eifert looks like a tall, slightly big WR.

While Eifert is a fluid receiver and solid blocker, I think he can go one step further and get to 260+ lbs and become that ultra TE that Gronk and Graham have become.

I wouldn't use Graham as an example, he hasn't exactly done well as a blocker.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 11:41 AM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Can u imagine gronk and eifert on the same team with brady??? Good god

Let's imagine winning the AFC Championship in
Paul Brown Stadium with a stunnig display of Smash Mouth running, precision passing and violent shut down defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 11:41 AM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Can u imagine gronk and eifert on the same team with brady??? Good god

why not with Dalton?

Eifert now leads the NFL in TDs.... and is on pace to TIE gronks record for TEs @ 18
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 11:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: why not with Dalton?

Eifert now leads the NFL in TDs.... and is on pace to TIE gronks record for TEs @ 18

Gronk's record is 17.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 11:55 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Gronk's record is 17.

could have sworn i read something this morning that said 18

Carl Pickens has the franchise record @ 17 but Gronk has the TE NFL Record @ 18

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/11/09/bengals-pace-rewrite-record-books/75468100/

Quote:The passing game also looks to break records with Tyler Eifert’s touchdown pace the most impressive. Carl Pickens scored 17 touchdowns in 1995 to set the mark as Shake-N-Blake took over the league. Thanks to his three touchdowns Thursday against the Browns, he’s on pace to catch 18 touchdown passes this year and re-write the scoring record books.

The most touchdowns by a tight end in NFL history was set by Rob Gronkowski in 2011, when he caught 18. The only other tight end with more than 13 receiving touchdowns was Jimmy Graham with 16 in 2013.
Reply/Quote
Gronk is slow.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Here it is. He clearly had 17 TDs in 2011.

http://www.nfl.com/player/robgronkowski/497240/careerstats
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 01:14 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Here it is. He clearly had 17 TDs in 2011.

http://www.nfl.com/player/robgronkowski/497240/careerstats

also had 1 rushing TD
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 01:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: also had 1 rushing TD

Interesting, although, with Bill B. I can understand how that would come about. He may be the only TE with a rushing TD?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 12:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Gronk is slow.

Gronk is the best player in football who isnt a QB. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I feel Gronk is more like the Hulk, and Eifert is a bit more Captain America... Gronk smash, but Eifert could be a leader.
Reply/Quote
I def. See some similarities in Gronk in Eifert... I think Gronk is a little tougher/Stronger though.. For instance towards the end of the Cleveland game where Tyler caught the ball near midfield - and if he could have broken loose from the defender he just got tripped up though. I think if that was Gronk he would have muscled his away from the defender and it would have been a touchdown.

I'm certainly not taking anything away from Eifert in my comments, I think the toughness will come in the years to come and he may surpass Gronk and be one of the best TE's of the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 01:35 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Interesting, although, with Bill B. I can understand how that would come about. He may be the only TE with a rushing TD?

probly was a pass that he caught but was turned into a run play due to it not being a forward pass... im guessing cause they said he caught 18 TDs but one was considered a run play so 17 is the TE record and Bengals record for reception TDs
Reply/Quote
Gronk is more of a complete TE. Eifert does okay as a blocker, but Gronk does really well when asked to do it.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
They both present major difficulties to the defense when trying to match up against them. I feel like Eifert is more fluid and has greater body control while Gronk is more powerful (he outweighs Eifert 265 to 250). I just looked and they actually posted identical 40 yard dash times, but it does seem like Eifert is faster on the field. I would say Gronk is a better blocker... some of that is size and some is probably experience.
Reply/Quote
They are both great TE's and when Eifert has another season like this next season, people other than us Bengals fans will be saying he is just as good as Gronk if they aren't already.

I know I am glad we have Eifert and that he is getting the chance to show how good he is.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote