Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Eiff Update
Bengals pro bowl TE Tyler Eifert (ankle) said yesterday he's only running at half speed. He won't play Sunday vs Pittsburgh and a source tells me it will likely "be a few weeks" before he's back.

- Bob Holaman ESPN

Boy, im telling you, this injury is going to linger. I can see him not coming back until after the bye.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I think it will be a few more weeks.
Reply/Quote
Such a shame. All the talent in the world, but the guy just can't stay on the field.

Getting injured in the joke of a game that is the Pro Bowl is even more frustrating.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They've been saying week 4 at the earliest.... This doesn't sound promising at all.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Jesus... I hate to admit it but tight end may be a spot we need to address
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 10:19 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Jesus... I hate to admit it but tight end may be a spot we need to address

Uzohman looked good out there... And kroft is back... Can always swing Hewitt up to the position too... we will be okay till eiferts return.

Don't rush him back and lose him for the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 10:19 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Jesus... I hate to admit it but tight end may be a spot we need to address

Calm down for God's sake. Not only will he back around week 5 or so, we have Ceej, who is just as big, faster and has good hands (maybe not as good as Eifert, but still good). Only thing we don't know at this point, is if Ceej can run the same routes as Eifert and if he can, can he run them as well as Eifert can?

Not worried at all in the slightest and neither should anyone else be.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 10:08 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bengals pro bowl TE Tyler Eifert (ankle) said yesterday he's only running at half speed.  He won't play Sunday vs Pittsburgh and a source tells me it will likely "be a few weeks" before he's back.

- Bob Holaman ESPN

Boy, im telling you, this injury is going to linger. I can see him not coming back until after the bye.
I'm brand spanking new here. First reply.

Eiffert is a great player. But typically a player who begins his career constantly, hurt is usually out of the league within a few years. I don't expect to se him around much longer. Hope for the best. We shall see.

BTW. is there a waiting required before a new member can begin a thread (no I did not read all the rules) Thanks.
Reply/Quote
He was limping pretty bad still on the sidelines Sunday. I doubt he's back before week 6. Should have PUP'd him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I like Eifert but the guy seems to be made of glass....
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
To be fair, the elbow injury that knocked him out for the year in 2014 would've injured anybody. Freak accident.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Gronk seems to be injured quite a bit as well. At least Eifert is in good company.

Reply/Quote
As I mentioned before, not before week 6. Even when he is healthy, he might be a week or two of full practice. Bringing him back prematurely is dangerous.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 10:50 AM)Antares Wrote: I'm brand spanking new here. First reply.

Eiffert is a great player. But typically a player who begins his career constantly, hurt is usually out of the league within a few years. I don't expect to se him around much longer. Hope for the best. We shall see.

BTW. is there a waiting required before a new member can begin a thread (no I did not read all the rules) Thanks.

generally we hope you have 50 post before you start making threads... Or else you get eyeballed as someones trolling alt lol..

But usually let it slide.

But these big guys 6'6" tall is a large human and the bigger they are the more a small tweak can slow them down.

He has an ankle injury of course hes not running full speed if he was he would be on the field already I think.
Reply/Quote
Week 8. See you there Tyler.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 11:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: generally we hope you have 50 post before you start making threads... Or else you get eyeballed as someones trolling alt lol..

But usually let it slide.

But these big guys 6'6" tall is a large human and the bigger they are the more a small tweak can slow them down.

He has an ankle injury of course hes not running full speed if he was he would be on the field already I think.

That policy makes sense. Thanks for the feedback.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 10:31 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Calm down for God's sake. Not only will he back around week 5 or so, we have Ceej, who is just as big, faster and has good hands (maybe not as good as Eifert, but still good). Only thing we don't know at this point, is if Ceej can run the same routes as Eifert and if he can, can he run them as well as Eifert can?

Not worried at all in the slightest and neither should anyone else be.

Agree. I will say that it's a little frustrating that he waited so long to address an injury that happened in the PB. CJ played well against the Jets.
Reply/Quote
I'm just not sure how this can surprise anyone. If people did the math on the recovery time for this type of surgery they would have come up with him missing 4 weeks at the absolute minimum and that he could easily not return until November even if it all went in the normal.

But for some reason fans seem to think that he's some sort of "super healer" or something even though his history says otherwise.

There's a long ways from running at half speed to being able to block and cut and run a route at full speed and with contact.

Reply/Quote
might as well retire. 

god how I loathe the pro bowl.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Week 1 gave me confidence that any serviceable TE can work in this offense. This offense makes it easy for TE's to get open, with AJ Green drawing all the coverage, and the myriad of other weapons at other places. I have confidence in Uzomah now to fill the void in his absence.
Reply/Quote