Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eiffert #2 te in league this season?
Wow this guy ,i knew he was good coming out of college but i can say i didnt think he would be doing what hes doing this season,He is the security blanket that Dalton needed.He is a gamebreaker compared to Gresham and i think Eiffert will be. Considered the #2 te in the league and the best we have ever had,sorry Bobby T
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:39 AM)420bengalbuckeye Wrote: Wow this guy ,i knew he was good coming out of college but i can say i didnt think he would be doing what hes doing this season,He is the security blanket that Dalton needed.He is a gamebreaker compared to Gresham and i think Eiffert will be. Considered the #2 te in the league and the best we have ever had,sorry Bobby T

You could tell last year in the Baltimore game when he got injured that he was probably going to have a big role on the offense.  So far he has lived up to his 1st round grade.  His hands are amazing.  
Reply/Quote
I've seen a few people on these boards actually forget that Eifert was on the team in 2013.

Despite not having big numbers immediately, you could tell he was a hell of a special athlete. I couldn't see ranking him toooo highly until he put more of it on the field, but it's safe to say that he's very, very, very good now.
Reply/Quote
As long as he stays healthy hes gonna get better,hes basiclly a rookie still if you look at his playing time,look at daltons numbers ,his middle of the field passing numbers are legit!,im so pumped about this team right now,after reading the bills message board they think there gonna win,im predicting 28-14 bengals and the bills get a td in garbage time to make it look closer than what it is
Reply/Quote
As long as he stays Daltons number two go to guy, the sky is the limit for Eifert.

Over/Under - 10+ TD's?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:16 AM)420bengalbuckeye Wrote: As long as he stays healthy hes gonna get better,hes basiclly a rookie still if you look at his playing time,look at daltons numbers ,his middle of the field passing numbers are legit!,im so pumped about this team right now,after reading the bills message board they think there gonna win,im predicting  28-14 bengals and the bills get a td in garbage time to make it look closer than what it is

I'm just glad we are starting to do to teams what they use to do to us with TEs killing us in the middle of the field.  
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:31 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I'm just glad we are starting to do to teams what they use to do to us with TEs killing us in the middle of the field.  

Yeah, that's one of those things that we haven't done in a lot years.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:31 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I'm just glad we are starting to do to teams what they use to do to us with TEs killing us in the middle of the field.  

(10-13-2015, 10:40 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, that's one of those things that we haven't done in a lot years.

No doubt! Not only are we doing it to others but the defense seems to have stopped the other team from killing us with the TE!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:42 AM)M.W. Wrote: No doubt! Not only are we doing it to others but the defense seems to have stopped the other team from killing us with the TE!

Indeed.  In previous years Graham would have probably had a monster game.  
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 11:24 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Indeed.  In previous years Graham would have probably had a monster game.  

Actually last year Graham only had 3 receptions for 29 against us.
Reply/Quote
Gresham woulda had 3 catches for 20 yards,2 false starts,a holding and a fumble
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 12:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: Actually last year Graham only had 3 receptions for 29 against us.

That's true.  I think Iloka took him out early or at least put a big pop on him and he wasn't the same for the rest of the game.  
Reply/Quote
Watching Eiffert play is refreshing. Its an addictive feeling that we finally have the tools needed to go all the way.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Watching Eiffert play is refreshing. Its an addictive feeling that we finally have the tools needed to go all the way.

The dog on your avatar looks like my dog rocky!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: As long as he stays Daltons number two go to guy, the sky is the limit for Eifert.

Over/Under - 10+ TD's?

Right now, he's at five.  Ten seems pretty doable.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Watching Eiffert play is refreshing. Its an addictive feeling that we finally have the tools needed to go all the way.

Plus, one of our key wrenches is still in the toolbox.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He's a stud.

He's killing it and is perfect for Dalton as a main target in the middle that's a safe target up the seams. Soon, teams will start realizing that more and will start keeping their safeties from doubling AJ, or they'll keep both safeties back and will leave teams vulnerable for Hill, but, even when they do that, they're still vulnerable to Jones or Sanu on the other side.

I still wish we'd use Kroft more instead of Hewitt because I think two TE sets with him would be absolutely unstoppable, especially in the division, since that's the best way to attack a 3-4 defense, which the rest of the division plays (and so does half of the rest of the league).

He's an undervalued weapon for us!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 04:30 PM)McC Wrote: Right now, he's at five.  Ten seems pretty doable.

Crazy that Gresham's career high here was "only" 6.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He's definitely lived up to all of the hype we heard about him after we drafted him. I know we'll pick up his option after this season, but I'd shoot for an extension during the offseason before he earns himself a bigger deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Typical cincinnati lynch mob mentality, bash Gresham in order to build up another. Let's be clear, give Eifert credit, along with catching wide open passes (while not being covered) he did make two while covered. Eifert is clearly a pass catching TE, while his blocking is below average. He benefits from having a very good o-line, which doesn't require him to block often, but more importantly, he has AJ, MJ, and Sanu to open it up for his uncovered, wide open passes. Right now, he's no more than a safety valve. No. 2 TE in the league, that's laughable.
Reply/Quote