Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eight Years Of..
Hunter’s emails... who is ready for 8 years of non stop bullshit from the do nothing repubs as all they want to do is investigate Hunter’s emails? Don’t everybody get too excited at once now!

When Biden wins don’t count on repubs doing the right thing and trying to get this country back on track. It will be more obstruction and investigations and hearings with the same results as Hillary’s emails and Benghazi... Jack freaking shit.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 08:46 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: When Biden wins don’t count on repubs doing the right thing and trying to get this country back on track. It will be more obstruction and investigations and hearings

You mean just like the Democrats have been doing for the past 4 years?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 09:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You mean just like the Democrats have been doing for the past 4 years?

Trump was able to give himself a nice tax break.
Reply/Quote
I think the constant hearings looking into "something" are tiresome.

I'm sure they will continue but I'm still hoping that the general public is sick of the gamesmanship.  Maybe if enough vote this time we won't have that problem for a couple years.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
If there's something to investigate, I have no problem with investigations. I just hope once Trump is gone, the Republican party doesn't uphold his mantle of "(insert person I don't like) is a traitor and should be locked up because....something. And I will look and look and look and look until I find....something that, if you squint and hold your breath, your suffocating brain may misconstrue as illegal."

We'll just have to see, I suppose.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 09:50 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If there's something to investigate, I have no problem with investigations.

This.

I find it interesting the many (most?) of the same people who were so gung ho for Russian collusion and/or the impeachment of Donald Trump are suddenly now against investigating possible corruption here. (And because of the inevitable 'whataboutism', yes, I also find it interesting the reverse as well).
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 09:50 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If there's something to investigate, I have no problem with investigations. I just hope once Trump is gone, the Republican party doesn't uphold his mantle of "(insert person I don't like) is a traitor and should be locked up because....something. And I will look and look and look and look until I find....something that, if you squint and hold your breath, your suffocating brain may misconstrue as illegal."

Other than the loud outliers (Jordan, Gaetz) I don't think may of the elected republicans will but the voters who have drank so much flavorade since 2015 will.  The socials may start cracking down if Trump loses.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 09:50 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If there's something to investigate, I have no problem with investigations. I just hope once Trump is gone, the Republican party doesn't uphold his mantle of "(insert person I don't like) is a traitor and should be locked up because....something. And I will look and look and look and look until I find....something that, if you squint and hold your breath, your suffocating brain may misconstrue as illegal."

Good post. I wish the Dems would have been held to the same standards.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 09:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: This.

I find it interesting the many (most?) of the same people who were so gung ho for Russian collusion and/or the impeachment of Donald Trump are suddenly now against investigating possible corruption here. (And because of the inevitable 'whataboutism', yes, I also find it interesting the reverse as well).

I think a lot of that is people dividing along party lines. I don't have that allegiance because I see the Democratic party as merely a less bad version of the Republican party. So if Biden did something illegal, I want that found just like I would if Trump did something illegal. Root out the corruption wherever it may be. A D should not protect you.

As far as the whole Biden scandal, I say let the Republicans investigate it as much as they want. I doubt they'll find something, but there's always a chance.
Reply/Quote
Well I would say there's a very good chance the Dems get all three houses so you may be looking in the wrong direction. Of course this board will become a bit of a ghost town as government becomes perfect. We will get the occasional complaining that some Republican wants to do something he/she can't, but that should be about it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 09:58 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Good post. I wish the Dems would have been held to the same standards.

The Dems suffered from a classic case of "WHERE THE **** IS ALL THIS SMOKE COMING FROM?!?"

They found a few embers, but they couldn't, for the life of them, find the fire. But they never stopped searching.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well I would say there's a very good chance the Dems get all three houses so you may be looking in the wrong direction.  Of course this board will become a bit of a ghost town as government becomes perfect.  We will get the occasional complaining that some Republican wants to do something he/she can't, but that should be about it.

Democrat run governments are definitely more boring, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well I would say there's a very good chance the Dems get all three houses so you may be looking in the wrong direction.  Of course this board will become a bit of a ghost town as government becomes perfect.  We will get the occasional complaining that some Republican wants to do something he/she can't, but that should be about it.

This reminds me, and I've shared this story before, about a college friend who on the day of Obama's inauguration posted the question "why isn't the US out of the recession already and why isn't everything perfect?!?!"

I hope people don't think government is "perfect" if Trump loses and the Democrats win back the Senate although I'm sure there will be some just as there are some who feel it is "perfect" now with Trump in charge.  But it will be back to closer to "normal" with Trump out of office.

The question I have is will we see an attempt to make more laws/regulations for the behavior of the POTUS and congress rather than rely on the "norms" and hoping the elected officials are of good enough character to stick by them.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:09 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Democrat run governments are definitely more boring, that's for sure.

It would not be the end of the world for me.  Democrats are like my wife.  I want them to get what they want so they will just shut the f*** up for five minutes.  

Maybe it's the same in reverse and I just don't notice it as much, but God I can't stand listening to them anymore.  With some exceptions.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 09:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: This.

As of now, the Hunter story seems to be way thinner than the Trump stories that got investigated.

Doesn't mean I am 100% certain there's nothing to it, but as of now, there's a laptop at the FBI (that much seems true) and a whole lot of Giuliani storytelling. That seems to be doubted even by the post and FOX news reporters. I mean, first it's Giuliani and second, as of now it's absurd in its details. Hunter drops laptops at a repair shop, leaves them there for months, the owner (that goes on about how unfairly Trump was treated all the time) then takes a peak at Hunter's emails on his laptop (as one does) - all while he is legally blind and wouldn't even recognize Hunter? This is just weird.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It would not be the end of the world for me.  Democrats are like my wife.  I want them to get what they want so they will just shut the f*** up for five minutes.  

Maybe it's the same in reverse and I just don't notice it as much, but God I can't stand listening to them anymore.  With some exceptions.

I can't speak for all people left of the Republicans, but I definitely don't want the Republicans to get what they want, even if it will shut them up for five minutes haha. I could make a number of analogies to express why that is, but without knowing why you feel that way, I'd risk assuming reasoning that may not be there and I don't want to do that to you.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 08:46 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hunter’s emails... who is ready for 8 years of non stop bullshit from the do nothing repubs as all they want to do is investigate Hunter’s emails? Don’t everybody get too excited at once now!

When Biden wins don’t count on repubs doing the right thing and trying to get this country back on track. It will be more obstruction and investigations and hearings with the same results as Hillary’s emails and Benghazi... Jack freaking shit.

You mean like the fake RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA for the last 4 years?  Like the people saying on national TV they have proof of RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA and under oath every single one of them said they have zero proof?  You mean like Schiff saying Hunters laptop is from the Kremlin and then the FBI, DOJ and the DNI saying this is not RUSSIA disinformation? lmao.

At least try to be objective.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:22 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I can't speak for all people left of the Republicans, but I definitely don't want the Republicans to get what they want, even if it will shut them up for five minutes haha. I could make a number of analogies to express why that is, but without knowing why you feel that way, I'd risk assuming reasoning that may not be there and I don't want to do that to you.

When I say the same in reverse, I don't mean thinking like I do, but rather all the noise, and I just don't hear it as much.  

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:23 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You mean like the fake RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA for the last 4 years?  Like the people saying on national TV they have proof of RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA and under oath every single one of them said they have zero proof?  You mean like Schiff saying Hunters laptop is from the Kremlin and then the FBI, DOJ and the DNI saying this is not RUSSIA disinformation? lmao.

At least try to be objective.

Irony is dead.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:25 AM)michaelsean Wrote: When I say the same in reverse, I don't mean thinking like I do, but rather all the noise, and I just don't hear it as much.  

Oh, I see. Yea, that makes sense. I mean no matter who is in the majority and the minority, one of them is going to not get what they want so there will always be noise. But with social media really exploding in the last decade, I think everything is getting louder and louder.
Reply/Quote