Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Elephant in the Room
(11-08-2021, 09:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So we should all just relax and be happy that Burrow is on the same track as Jared Goff, Jamies Winstead, and Baker Mayfield?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

I don't know how you came up with that but you're out in left field with a hockey stick waiting for the green flag to start the race.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
With JB having so many other pass catchers
That are proven outside of Chase, there is
No excuse to be leading the NFL in INTS.
I could see it if he only Jamarr and a cast of
Other teams castoffs and failed WRs from other
Teams and he is forcing the ball to.The only proven
WR.
Whats equally alarming is Boyds targets are dropping.
The best route runner out of the slot in the league
And he cant find him the ball?
Joe needs to.stop.the love affair with Jamarr and make
Defenses pay for doubling Jamarr.
If that means checkdowns to Mixon or Uzomah
Finding the soft spots for 8 yds..so be it
Your still moving the chains which is better than
INTs and overthrows
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: The fact that folks are gleefully talking about the struggles of other 1OA picks to comfort them is........... Something.

Whatever makes you feel better. Misery does love company, so maybe there is comfort in other 1OA busts.

Either way we've fallen so far since the promise of week 5. Burrow no longer pro bowler, Chase no longer rookie of the year, ZT no longer up for extension, Lou back on the hot seat, Oline no longer on the up and up, 240 million now looks wasted on D. Just a mess.

You and fred should start a club. Call it..."out of context", or something. 

The point, which should have been easily understood was, Burrow has played 19 games. I think he compares pretty favorably to those other guys. He's pretty close to elite in several categories. Interceptions are a problem, but a smart QB should be able to fix most of that--tipped passes aside. 

Would you disagree? 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 05:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Burrow is currently first in Interceptions. If this wasn't the case we probably have a better record and Burrow is a leading MVP candidate.

Yeah, he's trying too hard, too quick. Needs to chill and remember it's a 3 hour game. Patience will be his biggest virtue.
If there is nothing there, dump it. IF the Oline is just overwhelmed, then go short passes or run the ball. If we would have ran the ball the entire game with Mixon, Perine and Evans, this game could have gone done the wire or we could have domanited.  That's my belief.

Burrow is a rookie and needs to focus on completions and no INTs, the rest will come naturally. If he starts gifting INTs, get Allen in there for Burrow observe him play.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:23 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Burrow is a rookie and needs to focus on completions and no INTs, the rest will come naturally. If he starts gifting INTs, get Allen in there for Burrow observe him play.

[Image: confused-no.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 09:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I think we are still spoiled by Marvin Lewis in his first three years.  Marvin’s first three teams went 8-8, 8-8, and 11-5, making the playoffs in 2005 and nearly making the playoffs in 2004.  Zac Taylor isn’t even close to this.

I still feel like Marvin in some shape or form should be part of this organization.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:53 PM)Bengals-Man12345 Wrote: I still feel like Marvin in some shape or form should be part of this organization.

Marvin took a horrible organization and turned  it into something magical up till 2015, that was the year he should had left while on top. Shame he overstayed.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:53 PM)Bengals-Man12345 Wrote: I still feel like Marvin in some shape or form should be part of this organization.

the fact marvin wasn't moved to the front office after his time as HC ended was dumb. it would be like if an organization refused to have a ring of honor for the majority of their existence or...
Reply/Quote

Does Elizabeth Blackburn need an intern?  Does someone need to clean the cart?

Nah, I kid Merv  Smirk   He would have made a decent GM, but if memory serves, he said he had zero interest on being up in the FO.  Which is too bad, he seems suited for it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: confused-no.gif]

I'm just gonna put this here for Burrow to watch then. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47j94ud5vsapfhs6r93t...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Burrow > Herbert. Even throwing twice as many interceptions. 

Yeah these Herbert dudes can't highlight Burrow's recent struggles and just ignore that Herbert's been laying some serious stinkers.

(11-08-2021, 02:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. The heavy criticism came after the loss to the Chargers at home, year 3. I didn't even jump off the train till sometime after 2015. 

Nah. It was when I said. What the heck do you know?

You're just a talking cartoon dog. I liked Stimpy better anyway.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 03:07 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'm just gonna put this here for Burrow to watch then. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47j94ud5vsapfhs6r93t...y.gif&ct=g]

Brandon Allen threw interceptions at over twice the rate Burrow was last season. This season, Burrow is throwing picks at a 35% higher rate, but is also throwing touchdowns at twice the rate Allen was. Burrow isn’t going to learn much from Allen.

That being said, Burrow has a legit issue and it needs to get ironed out.
Reply/Quote
If we're playing Allen over Burrow, when do we start the pick Desmond Ridder draft thread?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:59 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Marvin took a horrible organization and turned  it into something magical up till 2015, that was the year he should had left while on top. Shame he overstayed.

I wouldnt mind seeing ZT fired at the end of the year
And Lewis brought on as a HC. 
Think about what he accomplished in his tenure
Without the free agency dollars that has been allicated to ZT.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 03:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah these Herbert dudes can't highlight Burrow's recent struggles and just ignore that Herbert's been laying some serious stinkers.

Nah. It was when I said. What the heck do you know?

You're just a talking cartoon dog. I liked Stimpy better anyway.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47b1x2qlxijsc7dygqop...y.gif&ct=g]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 03:22 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I wouldnt mind seeing ZT fired at the end of the year

I would have no problem with this as long as our analytics guy stays and takes over all game management decisions
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 03:22 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I wouldnt mind seeing ZT fired at the end of the year

Marvin has been vindicated by the complete collapse without him around. I bet he saw this coming a mile away. He'd be a fool to return after we "forgot" what the Bengals were prior to him, when we hoped for a new HC. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 03:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin has been vindicated by the complete collapse without him around. I bet he saw this coming a mile away. He'd be a fool to return after we "forgot" what the Bengals were prior to him, when we hoped for a new HC. 

Normally I agree with you, but we're better this year than any of Marvin's last 3 seasons. The collapse began in the 2015 playoff game, and the drafting of guys like Ogbuehi and Fisher contributed heavily after that. Both Marvin picks.

Also, the guy had nearly 20 years, with 7 teams good enough to make the playoffs, but he couldn't win a single playoff game. It was BEYOND time. If Zac isn't the guy, that doesn't = Marv was.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 11:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh, I think when Dalton hit 0-2 in the playoffs is when the debate really went nuclear, and that was year 2. There was definitely some naysayers way before that though.

The big difference between Dalton and Burrow is that there were quite a few fans who disliked Dalton the moment we drafted him because he was not the guy they wanted. And many fans  never get over hating a guy before he plays a single snap.

Andy's first 2 seasons our running game was in the bottom half of the league and our best #2 WR was Jerome Simpson. He lost two playoff games on the road as an underdog to a team with one of the best defenses in the league. He did not deserve any hate he was getting at that time.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 04:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Normally I agree with you, but we're better this year than any of Marvin's last 3 seasons. The collapse began in the 2015 playoff game, and the drafting of guys like Ogbuehi and Fisher contributed heavily after that. Both Marvin picks.

Also, the guy had nearly 20 years, with 7 teams good enough to make the playoffs, but he couldn't win a single playoff game. It was BEYOND time. If Zac isn't the guy, that doesn't = Marv was.

I was one of Martin's biggest supporters. I still defend him and point out how he was handicapped by the front office's free agency policy.

But even I don't want to bring him back. That ship has sailed.
Reply/Quote