Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eli Apple trolls the ravens
https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/20/bengals-cb-eli-apple-calls-out-lamar-jackson-ravens-fans-ahead-of-week-16-matchup/

I hope he backs it up lol
They are pissed...
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 01:42 AM)Tony Wrote: https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/20/bengals-cb-eli-apple-calls-out-lamar-jackson-ravens-fans-ahead-of-week-16-matchup/

They are pissed...

On one hand, I approve of the confidence but seriously, let your play do the talking. Dont give them the extra incentive to come out hot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I will never understand giving the other team bulletin board material

And btw, this is the first good season Apple has ever had, and he’s already boasting
Reply/Quote
Of all people, it had to be Apple. Yeesh.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Stupid…
Reply/Quote
I don’t really care about motivating the Ravens. They’re going to be motivated anyway. I do care though about players on the team getting deep up their own asses after one teeth-pulling win. How many letdowns have they already suffered this year under similar circumstances? Learn the lesson already.
Reply/Quote
Don’t really care for it, but whatever. This isn’t going to determine the outcome of the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 01:42 AM)Tony Wrote: https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/20/bengals-cb-eli-apple-calls-out-lamar-jackson-ravens-fans-ahead-of-week-16-matchup/

They are pissed...

Seems to me that if Baltimore needs extra fuel for this game, they aren't much of a team to begin with.  That being said, I always would discourage this kind of stuff.  
Reply/Quote
It's not like the Bengals are dominating the league and running away with the division, so I'd prefer to wait for on the field play rather than talking ahead of time.
Reply/Quote
Apple Smacks
Reply/Quote
Whatever works to get the Bengals to beat the Ravens.

Beat the Ravens and Browns and I think Bengals win the division.
I know that technically if Steelers win out and Bengals lose one, Bengals won't win division, but I don't think Steelers win out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 10:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Whatever works to get the Bengals to beat the Ravens.

Beat the Ravens and Browns and I think Bengals win the division.
I know that technically if Steelers win out and Bengals lose one, Bengals won't win division, but I don't think Steelers win out.

When it comes down to this, I actually don't think Apple's comments make a difference at all. His swagger isn't going to carry the Bengals to a win and him giving the Ravens motivation isn't going to carry the Ravens to a win. It's about the complexities of Xs & Os, coaching decisions, and on field play.

So I suppose carry on if you must Apple, but since you aren't on the level of a guy like Deion Sanders who was the ultimate walk the talk type of player, I'd personally recommend you keep it quiet.
Reply/Quote
Also, they had bulletin board material when the mainstream sports news ran with Logan Wilson comments that LJ was a running back, even though we was complimenting them. See where that material got them? Fans make a bigger deal out of this than teams do.
Reply/Quote
If the Ravens don't have a big enough chip on their shoulders coming into this game after the way we dismantled them in front of their home crowd, I doubt anything Apple says is going to give them any extra motivation.
Reply/Quote

They are pissed...

I guess we split the series....  Whatever
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If the Ravens don't have a big enough chip on their shoulders coming into this game after the way we dismantled them in front of their home crowd, I doubt anything Apple says is going to give them any extra motivation.

My thought exactly.  They got embarrassed in their house by us, I'd have to think they've been looking forward to the re-match ever since.  Will definitely be interesting to see the energy from the two teams coming out to start! 
Reply/Quote
Wonderful. Apple will get torched now.

It’s very rare when some lippy athlete backs it up.

At least not in the NFL. Odds are always against the lip
getting backed up.

Must be some sort of karma thing. Not a fan of it at all.

Just shut up and play w class and let your actions do your talking.

#1 reason why I loved Geno. Quiet Beast who just killed it w his play.
Reply/Quote
1st round bust finally gets a good 3 game stretch in his 6th season in the NFL. (After playing absolutely awful the previous 11 games, too.) Still missing 22.6% of his tackle attempts.

Immediately runs his mouth.

Can't see how this will end poorly.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
No one cared when Boyd called the Stealers quitters after the first game. We smashed them in the 2nd one too.. I love the confidence.. Eli said he's gonna get some gifts from Lamar lol.. This team hates him and I love it.. They. Ever forgot him putting those stupid shades on and laughing on the sidelines.. I absolutely love it. No more loser mentality shit..
Reply/Quote
I think Apple must be a narcissist, during the last series of the game vs Broncos, where he and another bengal broke up a 20+ pass, he went full hysterics at the refereee/niner receiver, fortunately he did not get flagged but seeing that, tells me he could be a liability at the wrong time at anytime.
Reply/Quote