Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliot Harrison Bengals Bold Predictions
(07-22-2017, 11:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ok first the guy has the right to his predictions but he is so consistent in predicting negative for the Bengals and positive for the Steelers it just makes me laugh.  Before, I read the so called "bold predictions" I already figured Bengals would be a "bad" one and Steelers would be a "good" one and of course I was correct..

Can someone find say 2 articles over the last five years that this guy has wrote that actually was positive about the Bengals..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000820687/article/afc-bold-predictions-tom-brady-breaks-barrier-raiders-roll

Harrison is one who has never respected the Bengals so no big surprise. But, it appeared almost every team he was more positive than negative, but the Bengals. I read the experts stuff and sometimes they overlook things like losing a few starters and pencil in a replacement like thye do with the Steelers losing Timmons and acting like Williams is as good or better for example. In Bengals case, it seems they never factor in injuries, rookies or additions from the previous year only focusing on the losses like Whittworth and Zeitler.

It is hard for me to take them seriously because I think they do not do their homework on all 32 teams because they are either lazy or biased.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
He's kinda right though.....the season hinges on HUGE improvements to an already lackluster o-line.  Time will tell, this team could be worse than last year, or they could be regular season world beaters....all depends on the trenches.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's kinda right though.....the season hinges on HUGE improvements to an already lackluster o-line.  Time will tell, this team could be worse than last year, or they could be regular season world beaters....all depends on the trenches.

So does the Ravens season if he would have done research

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So does the Ravens season if he would have done research

True, but I'm not concerning myself with any other club, nor advocating his voracity in his report.....just saying he has a point regarding our squad.  I'm concerned myself.  The sky's the limit if they show up and ball....if they don't, the cellar doesn't look too far off.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: True, but I'm not concerning myself with any other club, nor advocating his voracity in his report.....just saying he has a point regarding our squad.  I'm concerned myself.  The sky's the limit if they show up and ball....if they don't, the cellar doesn't look too far off.

I don't disagree the OL is a huge concern. But, read all of his comments on all 32 teams and you will see he tried to be positive even with the Browns and Ravens who have as many or more question marks than we do, but went negatively on the Bengals. Why just us?

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If I were a steeler fan ( Confused), I would buy his jersey, too.  He is a class guy that is a true team-first player that overcame a cancer diagnosis to play his senior year.  I loved the guy....but he sold his soul to the devil and I must now hate him.  

Sorry, James, it is no different than when Ohio State Great Ryan Shazier went there....he will get on the juice and become an instant asshole.   Nervous

Yeah, Connor is a good man with a great story just saying how many bandwagon Stealer fans there are out there.

(07-27-2017, 09:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That offense is insanely tough to stop when Bell is healthy.

Martavis Bryant is back too so they have a deep threat again too.

Yeah they are, especially when they are able to hold all game long. But he is probably the 2nd best RB in the league
when healthy at catching the ball out of the backfield behind David Johnson. Bryant being back is a bit of a concern
but i love our Secondary going into this season and Coyle having a year under his belt.

(07-27-2017, 09:51 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: As much as I hate Pittsburgh I can't help but respect James Conner though. He beat cancer while in college, beat it, and still was able to play well enough to get drafted to a NFL team. I would defiantly buy his jersey if I was a Steelers fan.

True, like i said just thought it was telling that a backup Stealer RB is selling the most rookie jerseys in the NFL.

James Conner is a great story, too bad he went to the dark side.

(07-27-2017, 10:04 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Do you blame those that do? In many people's eyes, the biggest issue last year was the OL and the Bengals had their best two OL leave in FA.
I'm hopeful that the Bengals do well, but it's not completely shocking to see people predict lower than 6-9-1.

I do if they don't even study up on the team at all. This is lazy shit right here from an obvious Stealer fan.

Lots of rookie Tackles struggle in the NFL and become good their 2nd year, this is actually Ogbuehi's first year of
having a full Offseason of work and he has looked very good so far and gained lots of muscle. We have so many
weapons and a great looking Defense going into this season.

But this is all ignored by this douche cause he has an obvious bias and is too lazy to study up.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 01:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Connor is a good man with a great story just saying how many bandwagon Stealer fans there are out there.

Yeah they are, especially when they are able to hold all game long. But he is probably the 2nd best RB in the league
when healthy at catching the ball out of the backfield behind David Johnson. Bryant being back is a bit of a concern
but i love our Secondary going into this season and Coyle having a year under his belt.

True, like i said just thought it was telling that a backup Stealer RB is selling the most rookie jerseys in the NFL.

James Conner is a great story, too bad he went to the dark side.

I do if they don't even study up on the team at all. This is lazy shit right here from an obvious Stealer fan.

Lots of rookie Tackles struggle in the NFL and become good their 2nd year, this is actually Ogbuehi's first year of
having a full Offseason of work and he has looked very good so far and gained lots of muscle. We have so many
weapons and a great looking Defense going into this season.

But this is all ignored by this douche cause he has an obvious bias and is too lazy to study up.

Not sure I agree with that. You can't expect national media to cover all 32 teams equally. They don't have the time to do that and likely are not getting paid 10+ times more than the local media to justify investing all that extra time. The national media will focus mostly on the big-market, popular teams because that's what will appease the majority of fans, increase ratings, and therefore increase revenue.

If I want an accurate assessment of the Bengals, I'm going to those focused on the Bengals - Paul Dehner Jr, Jim Owczarski, and Kat Terrell.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 01:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not sure I agree with that. You can't expect national media to cover all 32 teams equally. They don't have the time to do that and likely are not getting paid 10+ times more than the local media to justify investing all that extra time. The national media will focus mostly on the big-market, popular teams because that's what will appease the majority of fans, increase ratings, and therefore increase revenue.

If I want an accurate assessment of the Bengals, I'm going to those focused on the Bengals - Paul Dehner Jr, Jim Owczarski, and Kat Terrell.

Luvnit just said it right above my post, we are the only team with negative perception in this article...

This tells me all i need to know about this Elliot.

Need to put the girl from Scrubs next to his name.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 01:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Luvnit just said it right above my post, we are the only team with negative perception in this article...

This tells me all i need to know about this Elliot.

Need to put the girl from Scrubs next to his name.

[Image: 4be7eb3b15f04fe3f4bdb0fadd8d0332.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 11:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ok first the guy has the right to his predictions but he is so consistent in predicting negative for the Bengals and positive for the Steelers it just makes me laugh.  Before, I read the so called "bold predictions" I already figured Bengals would be a "bad" one and Steelers would be a "good" one and of course I was correct..

Can someone find say 2 articles over the last five years that this guy has wrote that actually was positive about the Bengals..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000820687/article/afc-bold-predictions-tom-brady-breaks-barrier-raiders-roll

It's why I never watch any of this garbage.  I wish I could be a 'talking head' and get paid a comfortable salary for talking out of my hind end!!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 01:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: 4be7eb3b15f04fe3f4bdb0fadd8d0332.jpg]

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 04:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I mean IF Ced and Bodine struggle a lot this year...we will have trouble protecting Dalton and trouble running the ball and we could win 6 games.

I tend to think the line will play better though.

On paper we do have A LOT of talent.

I do think that Ced will play better, will he play better than Whitt though?
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 01:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't disagree the OL is a huge concern. But, read all of his comments on all 32 teams and you will see he tried to be positive even with the Browns and Ravens who have as many or more question marks than we do, but went negatively on the Bengals. Why just us?

We're an easy target.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 02:27 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I do think that Ced will play better, will he play better than Whitt though?

No. Going from one of the worst to one of the best usually doesn't happen in one off-season. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 02:27 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I do think that Ced will play better, will he play better than Whitt though?

Have to agree with HH, no he won't play better than Whit played last year but we will see significant improvement from Og.

We will see if Whit will play as good in LA as he did last year here as well.

We needed to give our 1st round pick a shot. So far he has looked much better, he couldn't of gotten worse but hey, there are
reasons for optimism even with our weakest O-lineman from last year. Like HH says, that is one hell of a jump. Whit was still
one of the best LT's in the league last season.

Dalton is going to have to get rid of the ball faster than last year that is for sure. What is nice is now he has receivers that
can get seperation unlike most of last season until Core got time. With Ross, Malone added to the mix we are in a much better
speed situation this year than last year. Green and Eifert are healthy etc.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 06:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still huh?

When healthy he is one of the best in the league, they better pay him.

Kind of a win win.   If they don't pay him they don't play him (though watch out for the Conner kid).  If they do they will tie up a lot of money unnecessarily.

The kid is asking for too much money when there are too many questions about him injury wise and off the field.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 06:30 PM)3wt Wrote: Kind of a win win.   If they don't pay him they don't play him (though watch out for the Conner kid).  If they do they will tie up a lot of money unnecessarily.

The kid is asking for too much money when there are too many questions about him injury wise and off the field.

Just heard that the deadline has passed for him getting a deal, he will have to play on the Franchise tag or not.

This guy has smoked too many blunts or something. The Stealers offered him great money for a player that is injured often
and has off field problems, he should of took the dough. Oh well, Burfict will probably injure him anyways if he plays us.

Connor does seem like the future now, no offense to him but Bell is the better RB, so this is only good for us.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 02:36 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: No. Going from one of the worst to one of the best usually doesn't happen in one off-season. 
This could be a nightmare to an otherwise good team.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have to agree with HH, no he won't play better than Whit played last year but we will see significant improvement from Og.

We will see if Whit will play as good in LA as he did last year here as well.

We needed to give our 1st round pick a shot. So far he has looked much better, he couldn't of gotten worse but hey, there are
reasons for optimism even with our weakest O-lineman from last year. Like HH says, that is one hell of a jump. Whit was still
one of the best LT's in the league last season.

Dalton is going to have to get rid of the ball faster than last year that is for sure. What is nice is now he has receivers that
can get seperation unlike most of last season until Core got time. With Ross, Malone added to the mix we are in a much better
speed situation this year than last year. Green and Eifert are healthy etc.

I still don't get why they didn't franchise Whit for this year, they would've had a safety net. If there isn't a huge improvement from this one player, the whole season is probably flushed. To me, that's a huge gamble. Let's hope that it pays off. The Reds gamble on rookie pitchers sure didn't.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 09:57 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: How about this for a bold prediction? Bengals sweep the division and go 13-3.

Bam!!!!!

He said it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote