Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Elliot struggled again today in the scrimmage
Based on a series of tweets from Hobson, Elliott having a rough day while Bullock has looked pretty good. (I apologize in advance for just having quotes, I'm not very copy-and-paste, Twitter-efficient)

"Bullock from 39 good"

"Elliott from 52 wide left"

"Elliott misses extra point wide right, which just became a storyline"

"Bullock hits from 52 and you officially have your first buzz of training camp"

That's concerning... Sounds like Elliott has a case of the Nugents before his first season even kicked off. Let's hope he can relax a bit and get it together 
Reply/Quote
If Bullock wins the job, so be it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 03:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Based on a series of tweets from Hobson, Elliott having a rough day while Bullock has looked pretty good. (I apologize in advance for just having quotes, I'm not very copy-and-paste, Twitter-efficient)

"Bullock from 39 good"

"Elliott from 52 wide left"

"Elliott misses extra point wide right, which just became a storyline"

"Bullock hits from 52 and you officially have your first buzz of training camp"

That's concerning... Sounds like Elliott has a case of the Nugents before his first season even kicked off. Let's hope he can relax a bit and get it together 

Yeah, I agree. He'll settle down.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 03:15 PM)McC Wrote: If Bullock wins the job, so be it.

Agreed. May the best man win. And right now, it's Bullock in a landslide. 
Reply/Quote
Let the best Kicker win is all i can say.

No favorites.

Says nothing about Brown here.

I still believe we should be better off than last year at Kicker.

Lost like 4 games last year we would of won if the Kicker kicked the damn ball through the uprights at crucial times.
Reply/Quote
Looks like he's already bounced back

"Elliott hits 32-yard FG"

"Elliott from 51 is good. Nice comeback"
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 03:22 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Looks like he's already bounced back

But now the misses are always going to be a fear for us. Lol

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Let the best Kicker win is all i can say.

No favorites.

Says nothing about Brown here.

I still believe we should be better off than last year at Kicker.

Lost like 4 games last year we would of won if the Kicker kicked the damn ball through the uprights at crucial times.

I think brown got cut when iloka went down with the knee

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 03:46 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I think brown got cut when iloka went down with the knee

You are correct. Waved him on the 31st when they signed another safety, Cedric Thompson.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 03:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: But now the misses are always going to be a fear for us. Lol

Bullock for sure won the day today.. must felt he already had a stronger leg as a kicker, so it was more accuracy with him.. today he showed both and Elliot missed a reasonable field goal and an extra point... 

Many have argued that we have needed competition ... well we got it and let the best man win.. so far Bullock is that man in my eyes
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 03:46 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I think brown got cut when iloka went down with the knee

(08-05-2017, 04:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You are correct. Waved him on the 31st when they signed another safety, Cedric Thompson.

Thanks for the update guys, didn't know this.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 04:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Bullock for sure won the day today.. must felt he already had a stronger leg as a kicker, so it was more accuracy with him.. today he showed both and Elliot missed a reasonable field goal and an extra point... 

Many have argued that we have needed competition ... well we got it and let the best man win.. so far Bullock is that man in my eyes

Just have to do their job in the big games.

Bullock missed last year in a big game.

Even if we were already out of the Playoffs it was a regular season game and a relatively easy kick.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just have to do their job in the big games.

Even if we were already out of the Playoffs it was a regular season game and a relatively easy kick.

Sure he missed a late one last year ( but he has proven he can kick in NFL, Elliot has not yet)  but nothing matters more than now . .. and with the small sample size if cuts were today.. Bullock stays and Elliot gets cut
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 05:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sure he missed a late one last year ( but he has proven he can kick in NFL, Elliot has not yet)  but nothing matters more than now . .. and with the small sample size if cuts were today.. Bullock stays and Elliot gets cut

Very true, hopefully they both get plenty of chances in the pre-season games and one of them really runs away with the job.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 05:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sure he missed a late one last year ( but he has proven he can kick in NFL, Elliot has not yet)  but nothing matters more than now . .. and with the small sample size if cuts were today.. Bullock stays and Elliot gets cut

Agree with this for sure.
Reply/Quote
In the meantime the kicker most thought should have gone first, Zane Gonzalez who was the best college kicker, had a solid day yesterday for the Browns in their scrimmage going 3-3. Even kicked a kickoff 10 yards out of the endzone hitting a security guard.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I really don't care about the Browns kicker we have competition here May the best man win if Bullock is better good
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 05:52 PM)Millhouse Wrote: In the meantime the kicker most thought should have gone first, Zane Gonzalez who was the best college kicker, had a solid day yesterday for the Browns in their scrimmage going 3-3. Even kicked a kickoff 10 yards out of the endzone hitting a security guard.

I saw that... I really wanted Gonzalez too...
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 03:22 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Looks like he's already bounced back

Which still puts him at 2/4, or 50%.

He's going to need to nail everything, absolutely everything, for the entire preseason so these bad vibes can wear off.

(08-05-2017, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just have to do their job in the big games.

In fairness, I need to point out that the miss was a communication problem, not a kicking problem. Bullock was new to the team and didn't catch the signal Huber sent for a delayed snap on the kick when Huber thought they were going to send someone to time the snap and leap over the center.

Bullock went off the original snapcount rather than the delayed one.

So it was a matter of being with the team a short time rather than ability, which I do feel is an important distinction.

(08-05-2017, 05:52 PM)Millhouse Wrote: In the meantime the kicker most thought should have gone first, Zane Gonzalez who was the best college kicker, had a solid day yesterday for the Browns in their scrimmage going 3-3. Even kicked a kickoff 10 yards out of the endzone hitting a security guard.

Still don't understand that choice.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

I know, I know...tin foil hat, but I swear I saw the special teams coach wink at him after that miss.  I honestly think they told him to miss it.  We wouldn't have had Ross if he made it...would have fallen something like 6 spots if he made it.  
Reply/Quote