Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Enjoy the Journey Part 2. On to Buffalo
Just win baby, just win.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:56 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'll be curious to see the breakdowns of Carman. I didn't think he was too bad. He gave up the sack but it looked like he was expecting a chip to push his guy back to him.

That’s just collinworth seeing what he wanted to see from the bengals. Give Carmen some help

The whole 2nd half offense was playing like they knew there was a giant leak on the left side

And I like volson, but he is the definition of meh. He’s a 4th round rookie I get it, but Carmen and Volson on the left side is scary to say the least
Reply/Quote
To the tin foil hat crowd, I must say that game was very well officiated.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:35 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Carman was turrible.  Time to legit call Whit.

Hate to break it to you, but Whit told someone in recent interview that he needs help from his kids to get out of his chair
Reply/Quote
Who is more worried about Max Sharping just awful game or Charmin at LT? Lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:57 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I was going to say the samething. The kid hasn't played any substantial time this season, let alone Lt. It wasn't like Jonah was playing great.

He can at least keep from being bullrushed into Burrow's lap every series.  I honestly felt the hold was just a tricky tack call to try and keep the Ravens in it.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:01 AM)Synric Wrote: Who is more worried about Max Sharping just awful game or Charmin at LT? Lol

I thought Carman looked better than Sharping. CJ got abused on one play, but I thought he held up better than expected being as he's not played LT in over 2 years
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have no idea is Whitt is in football shape, but if he was and came back, what a story

Yeah I'd ask if he or Daryl Williams could pass a physical if Whitt is even eligible.  Smith shouldn't be on the roster if he can't beat out Jackson, and Prince is still on the PS.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:54 AM)GodFather Wrote: I'm happy we came away with the win tonight, it crosses off another first for the Bengals winning a playoff game in back-to-back years.

Having said that, I feel we are screwed with the injury bug. This OL is down to 2 starters on the OL (one being a rookie) No way we are getting a ring this year with this OL. The running game is non existent. Absolutely ridiculous we had 51 total rushing yards. 2.8 yards average per carry.  Joe isnt going to have time to do anything other than dink and dunk with the lack of time for a play to develop. And here we are again with the same issue....

Also, WTF is up with McSybil and his kicking game?

Ravens adding Smith and play of their first round pick elevated their defense to best or one of the best in the NFL. They stuff the run and pressure the QB. This Ravens team is built n the trenches and they whipped us all 3 games in the trenches. 

Of course, it helps they end up playing against 3 of ur back up OL. But, they were playing with a back up QB.

Tonight was a tough hard fought win, in the end our defense i one play took 7 points away from the Ravens and got 7 for us.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Carman looked fine at LT. People need to stop. Think about the opponent that they were playing too. Baltimore had one of the best defenses in the league and it could be argued the best defense in the playoffs imo. They're a divisional opponent too. The offense should be fine. WHO DEY! Let's feast on some Buffalo next week!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:10 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Carman looked fine at LT. People need to stop. Think about the opponent that they were playing too. Baltimore had one of the best defenses in the league and it could be argued the best defense in the playoffs imo. They're a divisional opponent too. The offense should be fine. WHO DEY! Let's feast on some Buffalo next week!

How can you say the Carmen looked fine when they had 1 successful drive in the entire 2nd half. The offense took a big step back with Jonah out

People bash Jonah, but that offense was night and day with Carmen replacing Jonah
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:01 AM)bengals73 Wrote: Hate to break it to you, but Whit told someone in recent interview that he needs help from his kids to get out of his chair

What. I watched him say on the live amazon prime Thursday post game. That he knows he could handle the left side and would be confident there. He wasn't sure how he would do on the right side. Hearing Whitworth talk about it actually got me fired up because he said he would love to be a part of what this team has going on. Now again I think we've waited too long. But heck I'd still do it if you could get him here on Tuesday. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:48 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: The whole offense was non existent after the first bengals drive of the 2nd half

And that’s due to the o-line especially Carmen.

I thought it was due to playing Marvin ball. Burrow was checking down when Chase was open 10 yards father downfield. It look more conservative play calls and protecting the ball type stuff. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:12 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: How can you say the Carmen looked fine when they had 1 successful drive in the entire 2nd half. The offense took a big step back with Jonah out

People bash Jonah, but that offense was night and day with Carmen replacing Jonah

It looked like Burrow shortened his clock. Which rightfully so but he had some time to throw.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:12 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: How can you say the Carmen looked fine when they had 1 successful drive in the entire 2nd half. The offense took a big step back with Jonah out

How can you say he didn't when he wasn't really the reason why we didn't look good in the 4th quarter. Conservative play calling and drops was our big issues. Yes, he's a backup. Yes, he didn't play as well as Jonah. No, he wasn't the cause of the offense sputtering. He's not going to go up against a Ravens defense the rest of the playoffs. He might not even play even close to as good of a defense as the Ravens even if we go to the Super Bowl. He was solid for what he is, a backup.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:16 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: How can you say he didn't when he wasn't really the reason why we didn't look good in the 4th quarter. Conservative play calling and drops was our big issues. Yes, he's a backup. Yes, he didn't play as well as Jonah. No, he wasn't the cause of the offense sputtering. He's not going to go up against a Ravens defense the rest of the playoffs. He might not even play even close to as good of a defense as the Ravens even if we go to the Super Bowl. He was solid for what he is, a backup.

The offensive line is now a rookie, Karras, and backups

Nobody should feel confident
Reply/Quote
Hats off to some of yal going to Buffalo. Cheapest seats look like 300 after fees.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:17 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: The offensive line is now a rookie, Karras, and backups

Nobody should feel confident

Ima say Joe does
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:03 AM)Whatever Wrote: He can at least keep from being bullrushed into Burrow's lap every series.  I honestly felt the hold was just a tricky tack call to try and keep the Ravens in it.  

Me too. It was a big time flop
Reply/Quote

Yeah we could actually run the ball on the left side
Reply/Quote