Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Enjoy the Journey Part 2. On to Buffalo
(01-16-2023, 03:39 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hurst fumble wasn’t due to offensive line incompetence. Don’t be disingenuous.

The offense was undisputedly better in the first half

Higgins dropping the ball was a cause one of the 3 and outs in the 2nd half.  A HUGE BS call on Carman for "Holding" was another reason why we punted on one (Carman didn't even have his arms on him like that rofl). And a Mixon whiff on the block causing a sack wasn't on the OL. What are you even talking about? Did we watch the same game?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:57 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Higgins dropping the ball was a cause one of the 3 and outs in the 2nd half.  A HUGE BS call on Carman for "Holding" was another reason why we punted on one (Carman didn't even have his arms on him like that rofl). And a Mixon whiff on the block causing a sack wasn't on the OL. What are you even talking about? Did we watch the same game?

You can’t seriously say the offense in the 2nd half with all the 3 and outs was as good as the offense in the first half

If you do, then you shouldn’t discuss football.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:09 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: You can’t seriously say the offense in the 2nd half with all the 3 and outs was as good as the offense in the first half

If you do, then you shouldn’t discuss football.

Why don't you address what I said that happened in the 2nd half? Why are you dodging? Is it because you have nothing of value to say?
Reply/Quote
Guys a fugly win, is a win. No way you think the bills feel good about their win. The ravens played really well on D, which they were going to do.

The injuries are stacking up on the OL, however Carmen looked ok, getting on his guy.

I think next week is a coinflip game. See what I did there?

On to Buffalo.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:24 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why don't you address what I said that happened in the 2nd half? Why are you dodging? Is it because you have nothing of value to say?

Drops happen every game. I bet there were dropped passes in the first half

You need to stop talking football if u think the 1st half offfense was as bad as the 2nd half offense
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:31 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Drops happen every game. I bet there were dropped passes in the first half

You need to stop talking football if u think the 1st half offfense was as bad as the 2nd half offense

Well I guess I'll take the W in this conversation unless you actually come back with some substance.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:32 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well I guess I'll take the W in this conversation unless you actually come back with some substance.

Holy delusions, batman

You bring up dropped passes in the 2nd half to explain why the 2nd half offense was as good as the 1st half offense

, but then you don’t give the Hurst fumble the same leeway.. So u excuse dropped passes in the 2nd half, but not the fumble in the first? Huh... ok

People with eyes saw a better offense in the first half. They were able to move the ball and overcome mistakes in the first half. They didn’t do that in the 2nd
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:41 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Holy delusions, batman

You bring up dropped passes in the 2nd half to explain why the 2nd half offense was as good as the 1st half offense

, but then you don’t give the Hurst fumble the same leeway.. So u excuse dropped passes in the 2nd half, but not the fumble in the first?  Huh... ok

People with eyes saw a better offense in the first half. They were able to move the ball and overcome mistakes in the first half. They didn’t do that in the 2nd

Ok, so I guess your old age is making you forget what actually was said. I said Jackson Carman didn't play that bad. You said he did, and that the offense played worse because of him. I said no it's because of *examples*. Then you tried to move the goal post to just the offense playing worse in the second half. So give me reasons why Jackson Carman is the reason behind that. Unless Higgins and Mixon dropping balls is your reasoning, then LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:51 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Ok, so I guess your old age is making you forget what actually was said. I said Jackson Carman didn't play that bad. You said he did, and that the offense played worse because of him. I said no it's because of *examples*. Then you tried to move the goal post to just the offense playing worse in the second half. So give me reasons why Jackson Carman is the reason behind that.

Ok I’ll Give u the reason

The left tackle position was noticeably worse with Carman in the game. It’s really that simple. He was bad. Real bad

If you couldn’t see that, well, stop discussing football
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:53 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ok I’ll Give u the reason

The left tackle position was noticeably worse with Carman in the game. It’s really that simple. He was bad. Real bad

If you couldn’t see that, well, stop discussing football

So I guess you're blaming him for Mixon and Higgins dropping ball. Got it. You're football illiterate
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:56 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: So I guess you're blaming him for Mixon and Higgins dropping ball. Got it. You're football illiterate

Drops and mistakes happen almost every quarter

I gotta go to sleep. Clearly you don’t. Goodnight, sugar tits
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:58 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Drops and mistakes happen almost every quarter

Yep, drops are the biggest reason why the offense wasn't as good in the second half, and not Jackson Carman. Thank you for finally agreeing with me! Wow, was that so hard? 
Reply/Quote
I'm just glad we came out with the win there, that could so easily have been a loss. I think it's more than reasonable to say the game went just how the Ravens would have liked, outside of moreorless one play. Certainly had more success with the ball than we did, and we have a far better offence. Completely different styles though and playoff football is always a struggle if you can't run the ball.

Back to back years with a playoff win, this one against a strong divisional rival who know how to have success in the postseason, especially at the stage we just beat them at. Winning when I don't think we even played 'that great' is a sign that the Bengals are changing. For once, it's not us falling over ourselves in the playoffs.

We've gotta look a lot better next week though. I know Buffalo also didn't look perfect themselves, so it is two teams coming into the game who aren't playing their best ball. But I think even a poor Buffalo scores 20 at the absolute least, and will have periods of being able to move the ball. Allen running, combined with Diggs and Davis is tough to defend. Gotta limit the big plays through the air if we want this one. Offence... well they've gotta have more than 2-3 good drives next week.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:16 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: How can you say he didn't when he wasn't really the reason why we didn't look good in the 4th quarter. Conservative play calling and drops was our big issues. Yes, he's a backup. Yes, he didn't play as well as Jonah. No, he wasn't the cause of the offense sputtering. He's not going to go up against a Ravens defense the rest of the playoffs. He might not even play even close to as good of a defense as the Ravens even if we go to the Super Bowl. He was solid for what he is, a backup.

I agree with this.
Reply/Quote
Carmen was fine, what game were people watching?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:58 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Drops and mistakes happen almost every quarter

You need to chill out, man.  We get it.  You've made your position VERY clear.  Stop watching for the rest of the year if you find the situation that hopeless.  

Christ alive.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:39 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hurst fumble wasn’t due to offensive line incompetence. Don’t be disingenuous.

The offense was undisputedly better in the first half

But that was a stop. It was 3rd at 16. 

Look, I think you are correct that the O looked better in the first half. My points are that: 

1) It was not a huge gap. More possessions in half #2. Only 1 less point. 

2) It was not all on Carman. Evidence: the O has crapped the bed for entire halves pretty consistently recently: 1st half TB, 2nd half NE, 2nd half of BOTH Ravens games. Carman had zero to do with the first three. 

He should be better with a week of practice. Unless we go with Prince. 
Reply/Quote
In detail 2nd half drives:

Possession #1. 9-10. TD. 12 plays. 83 yards. 7:08 TOP.

1st & 10. Mixon to LG for 6.
2nd & 4. Burrow to Chase for 3.
3rd & 1. Burrow scramble for 4.
1st & 10. Mixon LT for 7.
2nd & 3. Mixon RG for 4.
1st & 10. Burrow to Boyd for 10.
1st & 10. Burrow to Boyd for 5.
2nd & 5. Perine RT for 1.
3rd & 4. Chase penalty. False start.
3rd & 9. Burrow to Chase for 10.
1st & 10. Burrow to Chase for 19.
1st & 10. Burrow to Hurst for 18.
1st & goal at 1. Burrow LG TD.
2 PT: Burrow to Higgins. GOOD.

We went 3/3 running left. I'd note.

Possession #2. 17-17. 3 plays, 8 yards. 1:19.

1st & 10. Burrow to Mixon for 8.
2nd & 2. Mixon up middle for no gain.
3rd & 2. Burrow to Higgins incomplete.
4th = punt.

I don't see how Carman is a factor. I don't think the Higgins play was a drop, per se. But he easily couod have caught it.

Possession #3. 24-17. 6 plays, 13 yards. 2:40.

1st & 10. Mixon LT for 2.
2nd & 8. Burrow to Higgins for 5.
3rd & 3. Burrow incomplete to Perine.
4th & 3. Roughing the kicker.
1st & 10. Mixon LG no gain.
2nd & 10. Burrow to Mixon incomplete.
3rd & 10. Sack for -9.

Looked like Burrow was sped up a bit on the first 3rd down failure. I don't recall Carman getting beat badly there. The Mixon drop was getting nothing. The sack was on Carman, I think? Not sure. Frank may have a point here. But it was already 3rd & 10.

Possession #4. 3 plays. -1 yard. 1:20.

1st & 10. Mixon LT for 7. Carman holding penalty (weak call).
1st & 19. Burrow incomplete to Chase (tad high, both hands on it).
2nd & 19. Burrow to Hurst for 9.
3rd & 10. Burrow scramble for 4.

I think the penalty was weak. I would not call the Chase play a drop, but I expect Burrow/Chase to make that play most times. Still would not have been a first. I cannot recall the breakdown in the scramble.

Was Carman perfect? No. If my memory serves, he gave up a sack. And we had to help him more than Jonah. But Williams also gave up a sack. They only had 1 sack after half. And if Chase/Higgins make those catches, those drives continue.
Reply/Quote
We have been winning playoffs with a offense that is average in points and yards but strong in lack of turnovers with a defense that has done well in points and turnovers.. I do think this week might be the toughest task we have faced with how we have played in our playoff wins... not sure if we average just over 300 yards and win in Buffalo.. hopefully we have our first breakout playoff game this Sunday to help lead us to AFC championship game at home with Jacksonville :)
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:11 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: But that was a stop. It was 3rd at 16. 

Look, I think you are correct that the O looked better in the first half. My points are that: 

1) It was not a huge gap. More possessions in half #2. Only 1 less point. 

2) It was not all on Carman. Evidence: the O has crapped the bed for entire halves pretty consistently recently: 1st half TB, 2nd half NE, 2nd half of BOTH Ravens games. Carman had zero to do with the first three. 

He should be better with a week of practice. Unless we go with Prince. 

Bengals also went ultra conservative on the last 2 drives. Had nothing to do with the OL nearly as much as they wanted to chew clock up. I did not agree with them going conservative on the drive after the roughing the punter penalty as they only needed 20 yards for a legitimate FG and that drive could have nailed the coffin shut as long as it was taking Balt. to go down the field.

Think about this as there were only a total of 7-8 drives by cinci. the entire game with one of them a real short field and they scored on 3 of those.
Reply/Quote