Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Reid Anthem Thread
(04-13-2018, 10:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Have to ask your boy Lucie....he said you don't typically higher someone who is suing you.  Maybe he knows if you bring them in for an interview and ask if they changed their minds...which is JUST like "trying to reach common ground."
Meh.. I asked you in reference to a post you made. Perhaps you could answer 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-13-2018, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh.. I asked you in reference to a post you made. Perhaps you could answer 

Meh, I'm waiting for Lucie to answer mine.  Thanks!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-13-2018, 11:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: Meh, I'm waiting for Lucie to answer mine.  Thanks!

Yeah, it can be frustrating when someone doesn't answer a direct question. Hopefully Lucie give you the courtesy. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-13-2018, 11:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, it can be frustrating when someone doesn't answer a direct question. Hopefully Lucie give you the courtesy. 

It would be nice for a change.  He made a pretty definitive statement that I felt needed clarification.

*fingers crossed*

We can wait together!

ThumbsUp
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I heard reference to this on Sirius XM Radio NFL Network (which is awesome this time of year) to a story on PFT.com that I had to dig up. It apparently ran on April 11th.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/11/kneeling-issue-arises-during-bengals-meeting-with-eric-reid/

I am sure Mike Brown appreciated that Eric Reid (through a source, reportedly) immediately discussed how the conversation between them went regarding anthem protests.

Regardless, I think this pretty much assures us he won't be a Bengal.
Basically, Reid refused to be "TOBY" on the spot. Too bad for us seeing as how he's a baller on the field.
He was caught off guard by the questions?! Not trying to get back into the politics, but how in the world could he be caught off guard by the questions? Would he be caught off guard to find out he has to work on Sundays if they hire him too?
(04-14-2018, 10:25 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He was caught off guard by the questions?! Not trying to get back into the politics, but how in the world could he be caught off guard by the questions? Would he be caught off guard to find out he has to work on Sundays if they hire him too?

Yeah, I'm fairly confident it did NOT go down this way:

BROWN: So, Eric - can I call you Eric - what do you think of Cincinnati?

REID: It's nice. Not as dirty or as crazy as San Fran.

BROWN: That's good to hear. What do you think of Lewis?

REID: He's a good coach. I would love to ...

BROWN: WILL YOU STILL KNEEL DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM?!
The media used to bash Brown for taking players with character concerns, but then he makes a commendable move like this and we won't hear shit about it.
(04-14-2018, 10:39 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The media used to bash Brown for taking players with character concerns, but then he makes a commendable move like this and we won't hear shit about it.

Commendable? I find it ironic.

In the past he's taken players with character concerns like nobody's business. I guess he loved the bargain or maybe he liked giving second chances. But he won't sign a very talented player just because he may or may not kneel during the anthem? I mean, that's where he draws the line? Seems odd to me. But then again, Mike hasn't done many things in his time as owner that have made much sense.
(04-14-2018, 10:49 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Commendable? I find it ironic.

In the past he's taken players with character concerns like nobody's business. I guess he loved the bargain or maybe he liked giving second chances. But he won't sign a very talented player just because he may or may not kneel during the anthem? I mean, that's where he draws the line? Seems odd to me. But then again, Mike hasn't done many things in his time as owner that have made much sense.

I'm pretty sure before Mike signed the other players with concerns, he asked THEM if they were going to continue doing the same shit they did before and I'm sure they all said that they weren't. The only difference in this case is that Reid wouldn't say that he stop kneeling.
(04-14-2018, 10:25 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He was caught off guard by the questions?! Not trying to get back into the politics, but how in the world could he be caught off guard by the questions? Would he be caught off guard to find out he has to work on Sundays if they hire him too?

I think the players don't realize the impact that was felt around the league financially.  The owners saw it.  They responded.  
(04-14-2018, 10:38 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, I'm fairly confident it did NOT go down this way:

BROWN: So, Eric - can I call you Eric - what do you think of Cincinnati?

REID: It's nice. Not as dirty or as crazy as San Fran.

BROWN: That's good to hear. What do you think of Lewis?

REID: He's a good coach. I would love to ...

BROWN: WILL YOU STILL KNEEL DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM?!

Actually, if you read the article I linked, it sounded like that was the main thing Brown discussed with him.  I don't blame Brown at all for asking.  He's looking at the big picture for many years to come.  Reid is, understandably, only looking out for his own interests and if that includes the influence of his kneeling then he can own that.  But he also should understand that an employer might not want that from their perspective employees.
(04-14-2018, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I heard reference to this on Sirius XM Radio NFL Network (which is awesome this time of year) to a story on PFT.com that I had to dig up.  It apparently ran on April 11th.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/11/kneeling-issue-arises-during-bengals-meeting-with-eric-reid/

I am sure Mike Brown appreciated that Eric Reid (through a source, reportedly) immediately discussed how the conversation between them went regarding anthem protests.  

Regardless, I think this pretty much assures us he won't be a Bengal.

The even more interesting thing is after that conversation was reported on pft Mike florio, who apparently is/was a labor lawyer and is a reported Bengal basher according to some here, commented that Mike brown was not allowed to ask the question.

Supposedly players are allowed to kneel per the nfl but each team handles it on their own.  Odd.  Reid about a month prior had even publicly stated he would no longer kneel.
Yeah I think it's hilarious how people hate on the owners for not wanting to alienate a part of their fanbase or be affected in a negative financial manner by allowing these players to continue kneeling. How many of you who own businesses would allow your employees to continue to do something that would lose customers. Zero.
(04-14-2018, 11:16 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: The even more interesting thing is after that conversation was reported on pft Mike florio, who apparently is/was a labor lawyer and is a reported Bengal basher according to some here, commented that Mike brown was not allowed to ask the question.

Supposedly players are allowed to kneel per the nfl but each team handles it on their own.  Odd.  Reid about a month prior had even publicly stated he would no longer kneel.

Then I have no problem with Brown asking him specifically about that and, perhaps, gaining commitment not to kneel before any offer was extended.  Reid will get signed somewhere, but it won't be here.  
Both Reid and Colin may still find a team... In Canada. The impact to the league financially was too significant to ignore this off season. Athletes may be allowed to do things under the NFL rules but there are consequences.

I think many owners want to move on from this issue.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

(04-14-2018, 11:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the players don't realize the impact that was felt around the league financially.  The owners saw it.  They responded.  

There was no financial impact from the kneeling.
Kind of OT but worth mentioning.

Even though we did not sign Reid I was thrilled that we are still looking to add new players.
(04-14-2018, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kind of OT but worth mentioning.

Even though we did not sign Reid I was thrilled that we are still looking to add new players.

This is true.  Also, it means to me that the Bengals want to make changes at the safety position.  I guess FEJ  did not do enough and they may want to move Williams to a nickle backer position sort of what they did with Mays.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/